Announcement from the New Sakura Order

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317790775' post='2816763']
Because it's an MDP, not an ODP. There's no reason they [i]have[/i] to, but they can't expect to get away with it without losing PR.
[/quote]
If Legion doesn't need the help, no need for them to ask Polar to come in, especially since so many people want Polar. Legion has plenty of other allies that would match up better with their opponents, if they want/need the help. If not, why bother exposing their allies?

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317790998' post='2816772']
If Legion doesn't need the help, no need for them to ask Polar to come in, especially since so many people want Polar. Legion has plenty of other allies that would match up better with their opponents, if they want/need the help. If not, why bother exposing their allies?
[/quote]

PR. Like I just said.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317791068' post='2816775']
PR. Like I just said.
[/quote]

Iron, it's a MDoAP if i recall right. Legion took the aggressor role in this war, so that would make it a optional entry since it's a MDoAP and not a MDP or a guess you could call it fictional MDaAP (Mutual Defense and Aggression Pact).

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1317791367' post='2816783']
Iron, it's a MDoAP if i recall right. Legion took the aggressor role in this war, so that would make it a optional entry since it's a MDoAP and not a MDP or a guess you could call it fictional MDaAP (Mutual Defense and Aggression Pact).
[/quote]

The difference here is that Legion has now been directly attacked, hence their MD-level treaties *should* have activated.

[quote name='johnathan buck' timestamp='1317791367' post='2816783']
[/quote]

I was under the impression Legion only declared because they thought they were the victim of Tetris' antics, making them Tetris the aggressor in their eyes.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317791300' post='2816779']
Not really. It isn't hurting them in the eyes of most, just the ones who want at them.
[/quote]

Funnily enough, that's the very definition of most. 'Round these parts.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317791068' post='2816775']
PR. Like I just said.
[/quote]

Theres plenty of instances when MDPs aren't activated because they aren't necessary. If NpO doesn't need to go to war, it doesn't. There should be no negative PR from it.

Like when you were in VE and Kerberos Nexus declared war on you guys. All your MDP+ treaties didn't need to declare war. NSO+Tetris are about as effective as Methrages alliance was anyways.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317791823' post='2816790']
I was under the impression Legion only declared because they thought they were the victim of Tetris' antics, making them Tetris the aggressor in their eyes.
[/quote]

The declaration was because tetris condoned spying upon the Legion.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1317789584' post='2816705']
another anime trash alliance
[/quote]
Nothing but hate from you so far. Can't you loosen up and have some fun? Also, good job bros! Tetris, we got your back!

Edited because of rules that I thought I broke.

Edited by lordliam

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317790496' post='2816757']
Why, exactly, would Polar need to bother stepping in anyway? Legion outnumbers all three alliances on them, and none of the three are recognized as being very good. Polar would be overkill on anyone, and the only benefit of them coming in would be for all the people who want to stomp them.
[/quote]

Funny jokes only.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317790496' post='2816757']
Why, exactly, would Polar need to bother stepping in anyway? Legion outnumbers all three alliances on them, and none of the three are recognized as being very good. Polar would be overkill on anyone, and the only benefit of them coming in would be for all the people who want to stomp them.
[/quote]

So what you're saying is all that Tetris' side has to do is put alliances on Legion that are somewhat connected to the more powerful elements of Bob and Polar (and apparently all of Legions other allies) will do nothing for fear of getting rolled? Sounds about right.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317792056' post='2816795']
Theres plenty of instances when MDPs aren't activated because they aren't necessary. If NpO doesn't need to go to war, it doesn't. There should be no negative PR from it.

Like when you were in VE and Kerberos Nexus declared war on you guys. All your MDP+ treaties didn't need to declare war. NSO+Tetris are about as effective as Methrages alliance was anyways.
[/quote]

I didn't say I agree with it, I just said that's how it is. NpO will likely be looked upon as not honoring their treaty, whether it's justified or not. Like in UPN's case. There were still people who thought UPN's allies were cowards even though UPN openly said "we asked them to stay out of it". Welcome to the peanut gallery.

And I'm not sure if you're referring to me or to Symphony, but I personally was never in VE, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

EDIT: And I don't know that it's wise to say NSO and Tetris are ineffective. I gather you're saying that because you're at war with them but there's PR and then there's blatant naivety.

Edited by Ironfist

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317792056' post='2816795']
Theres plenty of instances when MDPs aren't activated because they aren't necessary.
[/quote]

MDPs are not supposed to be activated when it is neccesary. They are activated because they are obligied to honor the MDP treaties they've signed.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317792497' post='2816805']
So what you're saying is all that Tetris' side has to do is put alliances on Legion that are somewhat connected to the more powerful elements of Bob and Polar (and apparently all of Legions other allies) will do nothing for fear of getting rolled? Sounds about right.
[/quote]
Keeping Polaris out until the war has been decided would probably be a good idea considering how powerful and able to fight a prolonged conflict they are compared to most of the rest of the side.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317792497' post='2816805']
[/quote]

Sounds like every coalition strategy ever. You declare on certain alliances and not others based on their treaties. This is no different, just on a smaller scale.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317792535' post='2816806']
I didn't say I agree with it, I just said that's how it is. NpO will likely be looked upon as not honoring their treaty, whether it's justified or not. Like in UPN's case. There were still people who thought UPN's allies were cowards even though UPN openly said "we asked them to stay out of it". Welcome to the peanut gallery.

And I'm not sure if you're referring to me or to Symphony, but I personally was never in VE, so I'm not really sure what you're getting at.

EDIT: And I don't know that it's wise to say NSO and Tetris are ineffective. I gather you're saying that because you're at war with them but there's PR and then there's blatant naivety.
[/quote]

Sorry confused you for someone else. Regardless, the point is that if a small alliance declares on a big alliance and doesn't need help, there's no reason to have all your allies declare war on them...

[size="1"]OOC: As to the edit, yes it was just a PR thing. [/size]

[quote name='Saniiro Matsudaira' timestamp='1317792606' post='2816809']
MDPs are not supposed to be activated when it is neccesary. They are activated because they are obligied to honor the MDP treaties they've signed.
[/quote]