• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1317795614' post='2816870']
That you know of.
[/quote]

Bring it :)

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1317795813' post='2816873']
Funny, I thought your lot was looking at this situation as an aggressive act by Tetris.
[/quote]

Haf isn't in Legion -- also one person's position on a minor point in an issue doesn't necessarily have to match what his side of the web is saying.

[quote name='Lavo_2' timestamp='1317795827' post='2816875']
Legion planning in advance, now that's a funny joke!
[/quote]

Watch and see.

EDIT: Kzopp said it better:

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317795912' post='2816877']
Jokes which defy public expectation seem to be all the rave this season.
[/quote]

Edited by Unknown Smurf

Funny, I thought your lot was looking at this situation as an aggressive act by Tetris.
[/quote]

Only if it suits the moment .. Blink, and it might change (again).

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317796164' post='2816880']
Haf isn't in Legion -- also one person's position on a minor point in an issue doesn't necessarily have to match what his side of the web is saying.
[/quote]

Haf is/was (Sorry haven't paid attention to Invicta in some time) a major player in one of Legions better allies. Seems what he would have to say on the status of that treaty and how it may be played is rather relevant.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317795373' post='2816866']

Doubtful. Also Tetris isn't allied to any more small alliances. And VE recently [b]downgraded[/b] from what I hear, despite their wiki not showing it (yet), so tetris is out of allies.

[/quote]

Not yet.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1317796241' post='2816882']
I have logs from Legions gov channels. there i spied...lets get this party started
[/quote]

Post them and lets see what happens.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1317796250' post='2816883']
Only if it suits the moment .. Blink, and it might change (again).
[/quote]

You of all people should know that what one person says doesn't reflect the overall alliances policy/views. Cough*krunk*cough.

EDIT:

[quote name='foxfire99' timestamp='1317796348' post='2816888']
Not yet.
[/quote]

My mistake then.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317796164' post='2816880']
[/quote]

I don't really think I would call a point which directly involves your ally coming to your side in war a minor one, but ok.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317796339' post='2816886']
Haf is/was (Sorry haven't paid attention to Invicta in some time) a major player in one of Legions better allies. Seems what he would have to say on the status of that treaty and how it may be played is rather relevant.
[/quote]

He wasn't speaking about the status of any treaty. He was making an implication on who was the aggressor in the war, which can easily vary from person to person despite their political position.

EDIT:

[quote name='Ayatollah Bromeini' timestamp='1317796576' post='2816893']
I don't really think I would call a point which directly involves your ally coming to your side in war a minor one, but ok.
[/quote]

As of now I consider it to be since the war doesn't seem to be escalating. If it does, then the minor point becomes a major one, I agree.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1317789627' post='2816713']
Tetris the NSsOs ride to war. How long till Legion ends up needing to call in an army of allies on us?
[/quote]
Never or they shouldn't.

Nation totals are near even now with NsO having about 35, Tetris having about 35, and NSO having 128. Legion probably still +30 or so.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317796640' post='2816895']
He wasn't speaking about the status of any treaty. He was making an implication on who was the aggressor in the war, which can easily vary from person to person despite their political position.
[/quote]

Pretty sure he just called Invicta's treaty with Legion Optional now.........and yes that is true but I think the weight of the word of someone in gov outweighs that of someone who isn't. Also someone who is known to have influence in an alliance even without position would probably carry a little weight too. I don't honestly know Haf's ranking in Invicta these days but once upon a time......so I figure his words on the treaty might mean something.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317797070' post='2816904']
Pretty sure he just called Invicta's treaty with Legion Optional now.........and yes that is true but I think the weight of the word of someone in gov outweighs that of someone who isn't. Also someone who is known to have influence in an alliance even without position would probably carry a little weight too. I don't honestly know Haf's ranking in Invicta these days but once upon a time......so I figure his words on the treaty might mean something.
[/quote]

The post you quoted was about a conversation on who was the aggressor in this war, legion or Tetris... I don't see how the treaty comes into play. The optional bit you are referring to is due to the fact that the legion/invicta treaty is a MDoAP, so whether it is optional or not depends on who the aggressor was.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317797340' post='2816908']
The post you quoted was about a conversation on who was the aggressor in this war, legion or Tetris... I don't see how the treaty comes into play. The optional bit you are referring to is due to the fact that the legion/invicta treaty is a MDoAP, so whether it is optional or not depends on who the aggressor was.
[/quote]

99.3% sure Legion claimed the defender position in their DoW...do your allies not agree with that stance?

[quote]As this was an aggressive action willfully perpetrated with the support of the government of Tetris, All alliances that enter in defense of their action will be treated as aggressors and dealt with as such.[/quote]

Edited by magicninja

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317797498' post='2816909']
99.3% sure Legion claimed the defender position in their DoW...do your allies not agree with that stance?
[/quote]

You are still taking an implication from one mans post to be the stance of all of our allies. That is not the case.

I am not in talks with any of our allies and do not know their feelings on it.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[/quote]
Non-chaining clauses generally have nothing to do with whether acts are aggressive or not, but are instead just based on who declared war.

At least the ones I write are :v:

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317796339' post='2816886']
Haf is/was (Sorry haven't paid attention to Invicta in some time) a major player in one of Legions better allies.
[/quote]
I'm a mostly retired former major player. My highest rank in Invicta was Vice President, which I was for a few months, including when Karma broke out.

Now I'm a lot of steps lower down the chain of command. I help out in Finance, and I help with some other things as well, including treaty drafting on occasion (we don't sign a lot of treaties so that's not exactly a big job around here).

I should also say: Invicta recognizes the Moldavi Doctrine. We don't need a treaty requirement to do what we think is right, and you can count on our allies knowing what that is. You however do not get the benefit of our confidence, especially when our allies are well, at !@#$@#$ war.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317797713' post='2816913']
Non-chaining clauses generally have nothing to do with whether acts are aggressive or not, but are instead just based on who declared war.

At least the ones I write are :v:

I'm a mostly retired former major player. My highest rank in Invicta was Vice President, which I was for a few months, including when Karma broke out.

Now I'm a lot of steps lower down the chain of command. I help out in Finance, and I help with some other things as well, including treaty drafting on occasion (we don't sign a lot of treaties so that's not exactly a big job around here).

I should also say: Invicta recognizes the Moldavi Doctrine. We don't need a treaty requirement to do what we think is right, and you can count on our allies knowing what that is. You however do not get the benefit of our confidence, especially when our allies are well, at !@#$@#$ war.
[/quote]

Indeed they are at war. Interesting to think you consider the treaty optional at this point though. That's all I was saying.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317797685' post='2816912']
You are still taking an implication from one mans post to be the stance of all of our allies. That is not the case.

I am not in talks with any of our allies and do not know their feelings on it.
[/quote]

Well....ignorance is bliss as they say.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317797918' post='2816915']
Indeed they are at war. Interesting to think you consider the treaty optional at this point though. That's all I was saying.
[/quote]

Interesting that GOONS' thinks that their treaty with Europa is optional considering they were declared on by RAGE too, no?

EDIT:

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317798043' post='2816917']
Well....ignorance is bliss as they say.
[/quote]

As I am not part of the government of legion or its FA team (yet ;) ) I have no business talking to them at this time.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317798277' post='2816918']
Interesting that GOONS' thinks that their treaty with Europa is optional considering they were declared on by RAGE too, no?

[/quote]

Really? Europa needs help dealing with a (as far as I know) 1 man AA with no actual ties to any alliance involved?

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317798277' post='2816918']

EDIT:

As I am not part of the government of legion or its FA team (yet ;) ) I have no business talking to them at this time.
[/quote]

All of GOONs for Mogar? Seriously? No.....seriously? I know he has nukes and is little and that's a tough combo (GATO dealt with 3 at a time like that, they surrendered within 4 days)but C'mon man.........You don't even need a treaty..there's a hired GOON thing.

I figured your gov would be forthcoming about what was going on in respect to allies and all that considering many run of the mill members are gonna be getting nuked. I figured there would be a clamor for info on to why and what your allies will be doing about it. I guess as they say OPSEC is best SEC though. best for the gov to not say anything I guess.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1317798669' post='2816922']
Really? Europa needs help dealing with a (as far as I know) 1 man AA with no actual ties to any alliance involved?
[/quote]

Really? Legion needs help dealing with 3 less-than-impressive alliances? You've proved my point exactly.

EDIT:

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317798844' post='2816927']
All of GOONs for Mogar? Seriously? No.....seriously? I know he has nukes and is little and that's a tough combo (GATO dealt with 3 at a time like that, they surrendered within 4 days)but C'mon man.........You don't even need a treaty..there's a hired GOON thing.
[/quote]

Same response.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317798887' post='2816928']
Really? Legion needs help dealing with 3 less-than-impressive alliances? You've proved my point exactly.

EDIT:

Same response.
[/quote]

I am at a loss for words...

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317798887' post='2816928']
[/quote]

Dunno man NsO's blitz impressed. Most allies I know wouldn't let things get this close to even but hey if Legion thinks they can handle it then by all means...carry on.