Announcement from the New Sakura Order

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317792439' post='2816803']
Funny jokes only.
[/quote]
Didn't make a joke. Simply stated facts.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317792497' post='2816805']
So what you're saying is all that Tetris' side has to do is put alliances on Legion that are somewhat connected to the more powerful elements of Bob and Polar (and apparently all of Legions other allies) will do nothing for fear of getting rolled? Sounds about right.
[/quote]

Did you read my post? I'll make it real simple: Legion doesn't (or shouldn't, at least) need help from their allies at this point in time. If they decide they do, they won't bother having Polar come in against the likes of NSO, NsO, or Tetris.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1317791437' post='2816784']
All of these are valid reasons to watch your allies burn.
[/quote]

You edited it before I got to it, but it was to the effect of this.

Seriously Omni?

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317793928' post='2816839']
Did you read my post? I'll make it real simple: Legion doesn't (or shouldn't, at least) need help from their allies at this point in time. If they decide they do, they won't bother having Polar come in against the likes of NSO, NsO, or Tetris.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be so sure and at the rate Polar is putting nations in PM those might be the only alliances they could help with in the end.

Also I mentioned Legion's other allies who are also absent thus far. I heard Invicta and Europa did a complete 180 for fear of RoK. As I said, if Tetris keeps drawing small but connected alliances how far will it go until one of Legion's allies has to hit one of them and not worry about the consequences? Seems pretty !@#$ that Legion, even if they can absorb the damage, has to eat nukes alone because their allies are too scared to act.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317793928' post='2816839']
Didn't make a joke. Simply stated facts.

[/quote]

The facts are that the legion is entirely incompetent and need their allies.

Edited by Charles Stuart

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317794333' post='2816849']
I wouldn't be so sure and at the rate Polar is putting nations in PM those might be the only alliances they could help with in the end.

Also I mentioned Legion's other allies who are also absent thus far. I heard Invicta and Europa did a complete 180 for fear of RoK. As I said, if Tetris keeps drawing small but connected alliances how far will it go until one of Legion's allies has to hit one of them and not worry about the consequences? Seems pretty !@#$ that Legion, even if they can absorb the damage, has to eat nukes alone because their allies are too scared to act.
[/quote]

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317794374' post='2816851']
The facts are that the legion is entirely incompetent and need their allies.
[/quote]

Live in the past if you must. Things change though, try to keep up. We/the Legion should have no problem handling all 3 of them.

[/quote]

Maybe they're expecting a pre-empt? Maybe they were expecting someone worthwhile to hit Legion? I don't know their motives, and I'm going to take an educated guess and say neither do you.

Fear of RoK. I smiled. They backed off, but it wasn't for fear of RoK. Besides, if Legion and their allies were scared of losing, why would they have declared in the first place?

Eventually, sure, they will probably need help. But as of this moment, why bother? And if they keep getting "small" alliances, why bother pulling in a sanctioned alliance?

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1317794374' post='2816851']
The facts are that legion is entirely incompetent and needs their allies.
[/quote]
I can't argue the first part, but the second part has yet to be proven true this particular war.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1317794180' post='2816844']
hmmmz.

I condone spying on Legion.

come at me bro.

:3
[/quote]

Sorry you're [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=143815]too small[/url].. I know you told me to not bring it up when you confided in me, and for betraying your trust, I'm sorry.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317794802' post='2816858']
Sorry you're [url=http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=143815]too small[/url].. I know you told me to not bring it up when you confided in me, and for betraying your trust, I'm sorry.
[/quote]

wow ;_;

[/quote]

I don't know of any of our allies that would be "too scared" to attack if they were needed, and I'm surprised a man of your standing would use that card, Magicninja.

[quote name='Ironfist' timestamp='1317791068' post='2816775']
PR. Like I just said.
[/quote]
In your world, you get good PR by using lousy strategy?

I'm glad I don't live in your world.

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1317791761' post='2816789']
The difference here is that Legion has now been directly attacked, hence their MD-level treaties *should* have activated.
[/quote]
They're all non-chaining, so defense is optional, 'cause Legion did DoW on Tetris.

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1317794752' post='2816856']
Maybe they're expecting a pre-empt? Maybe they were expecting someone worthwhile to hit Legion? I don't know their motives, and I'm going to take an educated guess and say neither do you.

Fear of RoK. I smiled. They backed off, but it wasn't for fear of RoK. Besides, [b]if Legion and their allies were scared of losing, why would they have declared in the first place?[/b][/quote]

This doesn't get addressed enough. It is very very rare for the alliance that is on the side of the original offense to lose. Most wars are planned many moons/moves in advance.

[quote]
Eventually, sure, they will probably need help. But as of this moment, why bother? And if they keep getting "small" alliances, why bother pulling in a sanctioned alliance?[/quote]

Doubtful. Also Tetris isn't allied to any more small alliances. And VE recently downgraded from what I hear, despite their wiki not showing it (yet), so tetris is out of allies.

[quote]
I can't argue the first part, but the second part has yet to be proven true this particular war.
[/quote]
The second part is proven untrue, ipso facto the first is [i]entirely[/i] untrue as well.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317795053' post='2816862']
I don't know of any of our allies that would be "too scared" to attack if they were needed, and I'm surprised a man of your standing would use that card, Magicninja.
[/quote]

Hey, just stating what I heard is all. Gibs is right I don't really know (or care much) about what your allies intentions are but so far you guys seem to be playing this whole situation scared. Clarify my standing first before I respond to that bit.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317795373' post='2816866']

Doubtful. Also Tetris isn't allied to any more small alliances. And VE recently downgraded from what I hear, despite their wiki not showing it (yet), so tetris is out of allies.

[/quote]

That you know of.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317795373' post='2816866']
[/quote]
Yeah, I phrased that pretty terribly. By "eventually" I meant if people kept piling on, which yeah you would eventually need help. Three on one, you really shouldn't need it, and I don't expect you to.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1317795461' post='2816867']
Hey, just stating what I heard is all. Gibs is right I don't really know (or care much) about what your allies intentions are but so far you guys seem to be playing this whole situation scared. Clarify my standing first before I respond to that bit.
[/quote]

Fair enough. It makes me wonder if the contained nature of the NG/UPN war and, perhaps, our war will be a trend for the rest of the year.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1317795340' post='2816865']
They're all non-chaining, so defense is optional, 'cause Legion did DoW on Tetris.
[/quote]

Funny, I thought your lot was looking at this situation as an aggressive act by Tetris.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' timestamp='1317795782' post='2816872']
Fair enough. It makes me wonder if the contained nature of the NG/UPN war and, perhaps, our war will be a trend for the rest of the year.
[/quote]

I guess you never know. You still didn't clarify "my standing".