Announcement from the New Sakura Order

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1317845544' post='2817291']
about 180k of our NS walked out before the war started (Thank-you WorldConqueror :P), 1 90k nation of Tetris' surrendered, and Legion acquired a 98k nation yesterday. So what that comes down to is that NSO has lost about 25k from the war, Legion 180k, and Tetris 70k. I'm sitting pretty satisfied to where I and my alliance-makes have performed so far.

Now, as far as my wars have gone (and I was 32k before the war), my first opponent, Benhamin, hasn't responded since the beginning, and is just getting trashed, started with a 6mil warchest and is likely bill-locked by now, and is 20 days in collections. His days are not long. Skrewer, our second guy, is fairly active but is now currently in 5 wars. He has nuked me and done CMs at me, failed his GAs, and has gotten pummeled pretty hard. He is decent however. The 3rd, Nueva Argentina, was sitting at Defcon 5, 11,000 soldiers and no build-up, I hit him and sent him to anarchy last night, and got 2 more GAs on him. He has since woken up, remilitarized/switched Defcon, although he only has 4 GCs and 1 Barracks... His warchest will not last another round of war at this rate.

So thus far, for NSO, pretty easy sailing. Not completely, but hey even bad fighting alliances have a few good fighters. And these 3 nations, btw, are all well-built for their sizes.
[/quote]

Well then, did not know all that information with people leaving/joining alliance. And I am man enough to admit my comments were wrong and incorrect, and I take them back. Clearly looking from the outside you dont have information like war/spy reports. Apologies to all. Still seemed strange to see
TehChron talking so much trash like that.

Also @TehChron I dont know the guy, I was going off what the RL friend said of him. Didnt think people would lie about being in basic training.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317846641' post='2817301']
Well then, did not know all that information with people leaving/joining alliance. And I am man enough to admit my comments were wrong and incorrect, and I take them back. Clearly looking from the outside you dont have information like war/spy reports. Apologies to all. Still seemed strange to see
TehChron talking so much trash like that.

Also @TehChron I dont know the guy, I was going off what the RL friend said of him. Didnt think people would lie about being in basic training.
[/quote]
Oh, I know that. I was just using you to clarify the context. Sorry about that.

And it's not at all weird to see me talk trash. It's pretty much the only thing I happen to do around these parts.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317846727' post='2817303']
Oh, I know that. I was just using you to clarify the context. Sorry about that.

And it's not at all weird to see me talk trash. It's pretty much the only thing I happen to do around these parts.
[/quote]
I try to stay away for the most part. Only here now because Im sure theres a chance an ally of Legion decides to declare in the middle of the day. I mean allies usually act alike right?

[quote name='Greg23' timestamp='1317846874' post='2817308']
I try to stay away for the most part. Only here now because Im sure theres a chance an ally of Legion decides to declare in the middle of the day. I mean allies usually act alike right?
[/quote]
I should hope not. We used to be allied to NpO, after all.

[quote name='Elrich von Richt' timestamp='1317844915' post='2817283']
For Legion's overall considered member count/nation strength, the damage we have done in one night through a blitz is minimal. However, the lack of counters and the method of the minimalistic counters (so far I've, for instance, only gotten hit by four cruise missiles and two failed spy ops) goes to show something. We can't really determine anything for ourselves towards how Legion works until we've been at this for a few days, but the showing so far has to amount to something.

This war really won't hem down to a matter of who has the most nukes, the most NS, or the most members, while it remains this size. It'll hem down right now to whose the most active, whose got the most cash on hand, who can survive the most days, and who can use all of the above to their advantage. Superior coordination always means something. Quality over quantity does, too.

Myself and my government have organized this to the best extent we view possible as of the moment. Probably could have staggered a bit, although it wouldn't be nearly as effective t our size. But, hey, gotta work with what you're capable of.
[/quote]
And the most sensible post in the discussion comes from the anime alliance. What a crazy world.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1317845007' post='2817285']
Could you share with the Peanut Gallery? Sitting on the sidelines is boring as hell and I need to take what I can get. :popcorn:
[/quote]
You should ask Kzoppistan what his WC is. Let's just say he's fit into Legion quite well.

So, of my three wars, one of the guys I'm fighting had a warchest of $62,000. That's pretty damn pathetic, and I'm a 5k NS nation. A re-roll, yes, but regardless.

Also, am I the only one that noticed that the same people who were boasting about Legion's brilliant strategy about not attacking to wait for their allies to come in and have folks in reserve are the same ones now making excuses for the poor war effort by saying they have RL circumstances that can't be overcome? Not to mention they're the same people claiming this is a fair fight, and thus Legion doesn't need to bring in allies?

All of this spin is making me dizzy.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317845919' post='2817297']
Just randomly decided to check the aid list of the guy that they claimed was away at basic training.

[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=429196&Extended=1"]Ye-he-he-ah....Not really.[/url]

That's kind of funny, actually. I wonder how many other Legionarres are "away at basic training" right now? It would certainly explain a great deal about your alliance's general performance thus far, Legion.
[/quote]

[OOC]What I believe was said was "reservist" and "training." For reservists, training just means that once a month time when they go to their unit to conduct drills and other training. They're basically active duty during this time (with the hours of someone in TRADOC, more or less), which would put some strain on their ability to keep up with CN. Far be it from me to correct an ally in a war thread, but I'm also military.[/OOC]

Ummm... <insert witty comment regarding the war here>

I can't believe your protector let you guys make an MDoAP. That's classic headache avoidance and I include a provision explicitly prohibiting protectorates from making mandatory treaties in treaties that I write explicitly to avoid such headaches. An ODP can do the same thing but it eliminates the possibility of situations like this where the protectorate has a treaty that forces the hand of the protector.

I have to think Tetris and New Sakura Order are going to get the worst deal of their side. Legion is no TOP but they still have a lot of nations and can weigh NsO and Tetris down just by virtue of their size. It's like when MHA blitzed Zenith. They weren't particularly competent but there were at least 4 MHAers for each Zenithian so they just wore us down because there were so many of them. Tetris and NsO are in danger of merely being tools to be used to give their bigger allies a crack at Legion and friends and could find themselves being squeezed by a larger opponent in their individual conflicts.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1317877960' post='2818016']
I can't believe your protector let you guys make an MDoAP. That's classic headache avoidance and I include a provision explicitly prohibiting protectorates from making mandatory treaties in treaties that I write explicitly to avoid such headaches. An ODP can do the same thing but it eliminates the possibility of situations like this where the protectorate has a treaty that forces the hand of the protector.

I have to think Tetris and New Sakura Order are going to get the worst deal of their side. Legion is no TOP but they still have a lot of nations and can weigh NsO and Tetris down just by virtue of their size. It's like when MHA blitzed Zenith. They weren't particularly competent but there were at least 4 MHAers for each Zenithian so they just wore us down because there were so many of them. Tetris and NsO are in danger of merely being tools to be used to give their bigger allies a crack at Legion and friends and could find themselves being squeezed by a larger opponent in their individual conflicts.
[/quote]
Oh dear.

You have literally [i]no idea[/i] what's going on with this war, do you?

Theyre gonna be fine.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1317829539' post='2817110']
The fact your alliance flag resembles even remotely Umbrella's flag is just depressing.
[/quote]
You make it sound like you have never seen the flag of Imperial Japan.

[quote name='TehChron' timestamp='1317878723' post='2818063']
Oh dear.

You have literally [i]no idea[/i] what's going on with this war, do you?

Theyre gonna be fine.
[/quote]
Of course I do. The opinion stands. The numbers aren't in their favor and although their allies will have a good time of it, they could be bogged down in nations.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1317904378' post='2818371']
Of course I do. The opinion stands. The numbers aren't in their favor and although their allies will have a good time of it, they could be bogged down in nations.
[/quote]
No, you see, if you did, you'd realize that those observations are both inaccurate, [i]and[/i] irrelevant. :awesome: