Just curious

Jazzy95

Based on recent events and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=102769"]This Thread[/url]:

[b]Since CN's start, what merger brought about the biggest impact in CN?[/b]

I don't think these last two would be up in my list but I'm drawing a blank :wacko:

P.S- I know the LAST thing people want is another merger related post but it's been bothering me lol

Edited by Krausberg

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1308728683' post='2738303']
Mergers don't really stick in my memory, and without knowing what NG and tLR will do, I'd say the MK-Vanguard one.
[/quote]

Yea I can hardly remember any big mergers either.

The Athens-DE merger was pretty big and came with a it's own little drama. I doubt that's the most influential one though.

Edited by Omniscient1

Its hard to say what merger has had the biggest effect upon the game, but there have been several alliances that have been formed through mergers that have gone on to spend considerable time sanctioned or even within the top 20, I'm too lazy to go looking to find any examples except for the ones that jump to mind, TPF (formed from COLD/TotalFarkistan), MCXA (Cross-X Alliance and Multi Colored Color Force) and Echelon (GAT-ITEC and The Shadowhood).

Might not be the most liked alliances, but they've all spent time at one point or another as large/powerful alliances that have had some effect on the game.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1308730972' post='2738308']
Its hard to say what merger has had the biggest effect upon the game, but there have been several alliances that have been formed through mergers that have gone on to spend considerable time sanctioned or even within the top 20, I'm too lazy to go looking to find any examples except for the ones that jump to mind, TPF (formed from COLD/TotalFarkistan), MCXA (Cross-X Alliance and Multi Colored Color Force) and Echelon (GAT-ITEC and The Shadowhood).

Might not be the most liked alliances, but they've all spent time at one point or another as large/powerful alliances that have had some effect on the game.
[/quote]

I wouldn't put Echelon in the "large/powerful alliances that had some effect on the game" group but TPF and MCXA are good examples that I had forgotten about.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1308733333' post='2738313']
I wouldn't put Echelon in the "large/powerful alliances that had some effect on the game" group but TPF and MCXA are good examples that I had forgotten about.
[/quote]

At the peak of their strength, I'd say they perhaps were. I'd say any alliance that spends time in the top 20 would qualify as large/powerful, and large/powerful alliances inevitably have some effect on the game.

[quote name='memoryproblems' timestamp='1308735858' post='2738319']
I'd say any alliance that spends time in the top 20 would qualify as large/powerful, and large/powerful alliances inevitably have some effect on the game.
[/quote]

Especially GPA and TDO.

I would have to second the MCXA one though.

I'm surprised more people aren't counting Atlantis. Them and TPF are probably the two merges that had the biggest impact on the game. MCXA was always a tag-a-long alliance that couldn't really do anything in war time, so I don't count them for much.

[quote name='New Frontier' timestamp='1308759637' post='2738425']
I'm surprised more people aren't counting Atlantis. Them and TPF are probably the two merges that had the biggest impact on the game. MCXA was always a tag-a-long alliance that couldn't really do anything in war time, so I don't count them for much.
[/quote]

Agreed, although it's probably because the fate of Atlantis and the simple fact that people weren't around for it.

(Were so old...)

Edited by Owned-You

Vanguard merging with MK is the only one who really sticks out in my mind, since I used to be a diplomat to both of them while I was King of FCC (as well as when I held other gov positions). Since I remembered it before any others, I guess that one had the biggest impact from my point of view. Although I don't think mergers usually have a big impact, other than some alliances not doing to good taking their leave from the international stage.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1308803720' post='2738978']
Greenland Republic anyone?
[/quote]
That merger was ridiculous, 700k NS to top 20 alliance and 7? MDoAP's (from zero).

Also burned me out in a month >_>

Also, I'd say TPF or RoK.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris