Declaration of War

Locke

I'm willing to bet that the respective alliance of every single person saying poaching isn't that bad, would indeed roll an alliance for poaching (or, in the case that rolling is not an option due to treaties or your alliance is tiny compared to the other, get reps)

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1308631131' post='2736741']
My opinion only - NOT that of Exodus

The New Sakura Order has committed an act of war against the SOS brigade. The SOS Brigade has responded to that attack, any attempt on the part of RIA to regulate the conduct of war against their brazen and ill mannered protectorate would most likely be inadvisable in the current political environment.
[/quote]
What?

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1308631189' post='2736745']
No, that's not why. The reason was to prevent a leak in the manner of which happened the last time I spoke to IAA.[/quote]

Leak? As in contacting the protectorate to get their side of the story?

Simply outrageous! :o

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1308631414' post='2736757']
What?
[/quote]
Completely agreeing with Delta here. I have no idea what that meant.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1308631189' post='2736745']
It has nothing to do with the size of the alliance, but you're hardly in a position to have any knowledge of the politics in that incident or this one.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I really don't have to be an "insider" to understand what is going on. SOS and NsO had a nasty split. It was out in the public for all of us to see. For the last several months you've been having your little catfights and nobody has really cared. Though we have laughed, great entertainment all around.

And yes, the size has everything to do with it. SOS isn't known for being courageous. Most of us would say you're quite the opposite, no small thanks to Arrnea. You knew if you stood up for yourself against SLCB you'd get rolled. But where they wouldn't stop most alliances (we have a thing called pride), you just took it. Well, NsO is an easy target and you don't like them. More importantly you've got Invicta and RIA backing you. If you they weren't I doubt you'd be so bold. So please, do not tell me that size has nothing to do with it.[/color]

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1308631391' post='2736756']
I'm willing to bet that the respective alliance of every single person saying poaching isn't that bad, would indeed roll an alliance for poaching (or, in the case that rolling is not an option due to treaties or your alliance is tiny compared to the other, get reps)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You lose.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1308631522' post='2736762']

And yes, the size has everything to do with it. SOS isn't known for being courageous. Most of us would say you're quite the opposite, no small thanks to Arrnea. You knew if you stood up for yourself against SLCB you'd get rolled. But where they wouldn't stop most alliances (we have a thing called pride), you just took it. Well, NsO is an easy target and you don't like them. More importantly you've got Invicta and RIA backing you. If you they weren't I doubt you'd be so bold. So please, do not tell me that size has nothing to do with it.
[/quote]
Not sure having Invicta back you is a plus...

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1308631488' post='2736758']

[/quote]

If you truly believe in your CB, why waste your time contacting the alliance whom you're about to roll and let them get into peace mode?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1308631522' post='2736762']
[color="#0000FF"]I really don't have to be an "insider" to understand what is going on. SOS and NsO had a nasty split. It was out in the public for all of us to see. For the last several months you've been having your little catfights and nobody has really cared. Though we have laughed, great entertainment all around.

And yes, the size has everything to do with it. SOS isn't known for being courageous. Most of us would say you're quite the opposite, no small thanks to Arrnea. You knew if you stood up for yourself against SLCB you'd get rolled. But where they wouldn't stop most alliances (we have a thing called pride), you just took it. Well, NsO is an easy target and you don't like them. More importantly you've got Invicta and RIA backing you. If you they weren't I doubt you'd be so bold. So please, do not tell me that size has nothing to do with it.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]You lose.[/color]
[/quote]

Size doesnt matter! :mad: It's the motion in the ocean...

doesnt matter...doesnt matter...doesnt matter....

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1308631651' post='2736764']
Not sure having Invicta back you is a plus...
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This is SOS we're talking about. I am sure that they see it as a good thing. Then again, there is a reason we all believe SOS to be objectively terrible.[/color]

[quote name='General Anderan' timestamp='1308631882' post='2736768']
Its amusing that two people voluntarily leaving an alliance due to disagreements with the leader of the alliance is considered poaching.
[/quote]

My grandfather always told me to never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1308631488' post='2736758']

[/quote]

With all due respect on this matter, should IAA have rolled in to defend their protectorate already?

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1308631707' post='2736765']
If you truly believe in your CB, why waste your time contacting the alliance whom you're about to roll and let them get into peace mode?
[/quote]

I was talking about earlier when the issue happened. Usually what most alliances do when they think something fishy is going on.

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1308632054' post='2736771']
With all due respect on this matter, should IAA have rolled in to defend their protectorate already?
[/quote]

It usually takes a full day to organize attacks. If they haven't come in by tomorrow then yea I'd say they should have already came.

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1308628996' post='2736649']
You snakes were slithering off to peace mode. Does a few minutes late DoW bother you that much. Only if you're in the business of splitting hairs.
And you have no bias whatsoever.
You're a bad liar.
That's low and slimy, even for you.
Why should we give you more warning than your spies did?
More to it than that.
There are good reasons why we could not.
Last time I did one of you decided to lie behind my back and compromised my work.[/QUOTE]
So you insult everyone who contradicts you... and offer no actual proof. The burden of proof lies on you, not those who you attacked.
[QUOTE]You know very !@#$@#$ well I'm busy.[/QUOTE]
Then you tell us that you're far too important to be bothered with offering the reasoning behind a war that has the potential to affect us all through treaty-web dominoes and global radiation, despite the fact that it is flimsy at best. You'd think that a leader of an alliance that is widely regarded as little more than a joke to the rest of us would have an inkling that actually fleshing out and explaining your "casus belli" may help improve your standing. Was your alliance mass-messaged, telling them all to leave and join NsO? If so, that's a case of poaching that many people would accept as a good CB. Did a few members decide to join another alliance? If so, you should probably offer NsO some reparations and hope that everyone forgets this little incident.
[QUOTE]There are reasons why the evidence can't be shared [i]here[/i].
[/quote]
And what might those be, oh wise one? Or are there reasons that those reasons can't be shared here either?

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1308630983' post='2736734']
I'm going to take a little bit of a different tone and say, have fun guys, your having more fun then most of us are. :awesome:
[/quote]
Taking a stance as always, I see. Well, at least you're friendly.

I'm curious if RIA actually looked into this. Despite their affiliations, they've never been a stupid bunch and I'm surprised they'd throw their weight (and, transitively, their allies' weight) behind such a ridiculous war, especially considering that NsO's allies probably will (and should) defend them. Either they're looking to escalate this war, or this is a gross miscalculation on their part that they really ought to reconsider.

[quote name='General Anderan' timestamp='1308631882' post='2736768']
Its amusing that two people voluntarily leaving an alliance due to disagreements with the leader of the alliance is considered poaching.
[/quote]
Actually it was one person, and when the "disagreement" in question was "I don't want to buy nukes", only to have said nation buy nukes shortly after joining their new alliance (which a gov member of specifically indicated he intended to poach) yes, it is poaching.

But I wouldn't expect any less than blatant fallacy and spin from a member of the attacked alliance.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308632233' post='2736777']
Actually it was one person, and when the "disagreement" in question was "I don't want to buy nukes", only to have said nation buy nukes shortly after joining their new alliance (which a gov member of specifically indicated he intended to poach) yes, it is poaching.

But I wouldn't expect any less than blatant fallacy and spin from a member of the attacked alliance.
[/quote]

That you would fight a war over a nation you clearly don't want in your alliance going to another alliance just makes this so much better.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1308632205' post='2736776']
hope that everyone forgets this little incident.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I know this is standard for me to say, but it appears I have forgotten to mention it here: I, the glorious and handsome devil known to the world as Rebel Virginia, will not be forgetting this little incident. It may not involve me, but that hardly matters. I will remember it anyway, and I will bring it up often and frequently and seemingly when it is irrelevant to other issues being discussed. May we never forget how utterly laughable SOS Brigade, and why they must rolled.[/color]

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1308632233' post='2736777']

[/quote]

Honestly it's almost like you're trying as hard as possible to get mud on the face of all your allies who are supporting you in this.

Really, think before you post.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1308626249' post='2736479']
I recommend we all take this minor incident between two micro-alliances and blow it WAY out of proportion! :awesome:
[/quote]
can't say it any better than this

[quote name='CptGodzilla' timestamp='1308631391' post='2736756']
[/quote]

You're wrong. I said that I felt it was a poor CB; and if people succeeded in "poaching" members from TOP, I'd say that those members were terrible anyway.