Announcement from the Imperial Assault Alliance

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1308018587' post='2730873']
No Vision.
[/quote]

You know I just went back to check the wiki just now, because I thought I remembered reading somewhere MCXA was in that. You know why I had to check the wiki? It was because I never experienced One vision, I don't know what its like to be in an alliance on top, I wasn't in Q, I've never EZIed people, I've never demanded crippling reps, and I've never disbanded an alliance. You see I wasn't around for those moments, nor are the majority of the members of MCXA. In fact 80/145 members of MCXA weren't in pre Karma MCXA. For MHA that's 496/657 members. I'm confident there is a trend there that continues to most alliances that were in power. Alliances are not just names, they are the sum of their total members, and we shouldn't be holding thousand of nations accountable for things they never did.

Even if you disagree there is a lesson to be had here. I've encountered many times a person or alliance I'm trying to get closer to where I'm told my alliance ZIed them, turned our back on them when we were in the initiative, or rolled their alliance on a very poor CB. Leaders should consider the long term effect of their decisions before they bring up harsh terms or bully other alliances and players. Your power isn't permanent and some day you may find yourself at the mercy of people you have wronged, or unable to find the friends you need to secure your alliance.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308019575' post='2730884']
1. Every nation leaves it's alliance of their own accord.
2. Really could care less about this point.
3. Yea I'm aware I was the only active government, why does that matter I mean seriously?

As far as dragging your name through the mud, there was no such actions occurring until your new allies decided to try and stick up for you. Not our fault that TIO has made it so easy for your name to be dragged through the mud.
[/quote]
1. By that I meant we didn't say "Come and join TIO and leave IAA".

2. So your more than happy to trash us over it, but when I actually say what really happened, you suddenly don't care?

3. Well, when Chim states there was a communication breakdown, you can't blame us for it when our gov was active

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1308019099' post='2730877']
Ok Chim I'll play ball.

Firstly, you seem to think you were the only party that was disrespected, while I can't ascertain whether or not my members harassed you because I don't have the logs of it so feel free to supply them, but you sure did a fair amount of disrespecting back to us, what was one of the first things you did when you became Emperor again? Oh right, come and try and poach TIO gov members for IAA, and then when I approached you about it your defense was "you guys poached IAA members after you founded" which is not true, your former members left of their own accord.

[/quote]

I was unaware that TIO felt poaching members or recruiting from within an alliance is wrong. Your founders certainly did a decent amount of it from within STA before your reformation was announced. Have you changed your minds on your position on the issue?

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1308021008' post='2730895']
1. By that I meant we didn't say "Come and join TIO and leave IAA".

2. So your more than happy to trash us over it, but when I actually say what really happened, you suddenly don't care?

3. Well, when Chim states there was a communication breakdown, you can't blame us for it when our gov was active
[/quote]

1. Let's go down this "poaching" argument again, it's been done before dave, but let's put it in the public this time.

2. I've said my piece on it private, and I have no need to add more to it.

3. When he said a break down in communication he meant the disrespect that was thrown at him after he retook the throne, as well the disrespect he returned.

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1308021283' post='2730898']
I was unaware that TIO felt poaching members or recruiting from within an alliance is wrong. Your founders certainly did a decent amount of it from within STA before your reformation was announced. Have you changed your minds on your position on the issue?
[/quote]
If I recall correctly, the only members who founded TIO, who came from STA, were Scorponok, Sup4l33t3ki11a, Myself, and Sentinal (There might be one more, but I can't recall whom, but they fall under the following statement). Scorp, Sup4, Myself, and #5, were all a part of the first TIO, and came across with me, or because of me later, with the exception of Sentinal, [ooc]who I convinced to come back to CN, after quitting, and to join STA[/ooc]. Frankly, I'd hardly call this poaching, I'd refer more to it as close friends founding an alliance together. You didn't lose any members that weren't brought across by me already.

If I've missed anyone out, feel free to inform me.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308020562' post='2730891']
You know I just went back to check the wiki just now, because I thought I remembered reading somewhere MCXA was in that. You know why I had to check the wiki? It was because I never experienced One vision, I don't know what its like to be in an alliance on top, I wasn't in Q, I've never EZIed people, I've never demanded crippling reps, and I've never disbanded an alliance. You see I wasn't around for those moments, nor are the majority of the members of MCXA. In fact 80/145 members of MCXA weren't in pre Karma MCXA. For MHA that's 496/657 members. I'm confident there is a trend there that continues to most alliances that were in power. Alliances are not just names, they are the sum of their total members, and we shouldn't be holding thousand of nations accountable for things they never did.

Even if you disagree there is a lesson to be had here. I've encountered many times a person or alliance I'm trying to get closer to where I'm told my alliance ZIed them, turned our back on them when we were in the initiative, or rolled their alliance on a very poor CB. Leaders should consider the long term effect of their decisions before they bring up harsh terms or bully other alliances and players. Your power isn't permanent and some day you may find yourself at the mercy of people you have wronged, or unable to find the friends you need to secure your alliance.
[/quote]

See, that's the problem with pretty much everything you give an opinion on. You're too new here to have any sense of the underlying history and issues between alliances.

So what if MCXA hasn't been the root of all evil during your tenure, you and the other new members aren't all that is MCXA and being oblivious doesn't change what it is to most people. Long memories are just par for the course. I couldn't care less what MCXA has been up to lately, knowing all the !@#$ you pulled three years ago alone is enough to despise your rediculously terrible alliance. Tell me why I should feel differently without disregarding most of your alliance's history.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308020562' post='2730891']

[/quote]
You've been in MXCA for two years and you didn't know you were in One Vision?

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1308028584' post='2730982']
You've been in MXCA for two years and you didn't know you were in One Vision?
[/quote]

I had to go to the wiki to double check something that I wasn't there for. The horror! :rolleyes:

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1308028151' post='2730976']
See, that's the problem with pretty much everything you give an opinion on. You're too new here to have any sense of the underlying history and issues between alliances.
[/quote]

Yes, people who have been around for less than two years can't have opinions. That's a great line and you should use it more.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1308028883' post='2730986']
I had to go to the wiki to double check something that I wasn't there for. The horror! :rolleyes:

Yes, people who have been around for less than two years can't have opinions. That's a great line and you should use it more.
[/quote]

Thanks, I will.

Honestly, I've been around for four years, been in higher positions in more relevent alliances, and haven't experienced half the notable events that shaped this world we're in. For you to say everything outside your small snapshot view is irrelevent just makes you sound like a self important fool.

[quote name='blueski' timestamp='1308030690' post='2731000']
Thanks, I will.

Honestly, I've been around for four years, been in higher positions in more relevent alliances, and haven't experienced half the notable events that shaped this world we're in. For you to say everything outside your small snapshot view is irrelevent just makes you sound like a self important fool.
[/quote]

I never said it was unimportant, I said we can't hold people accountable for things they had nothing to do with, and that we should consider what we can be held accountable for in the future.

I will always dislike it when people claim they were forced to disband. IAA voted to disband rather than continue to fight after about 1 month of war, which very likely wasn't even a full on nuclear war if I remember correctly.

Just to clear this up, SCY, MCXA is [b]also[/b] terrible because you're an awful leader and your alliance is equally incompetent.

Can we get back on topic now?

I'm honestly surprised this treaty lasted as long as it did. TIO has been seemingly drifting towards the Orders for a while, and as far as I've been aware IAA has been fairly inactive so I'd be surprised if any real communication could go on at all. I suppose one of you had to pull the plug, though the public vitriol is a little off-putting.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1308021283' post='2730899']
1. Let's go down this "poaching" argument again, it's been done before dave, but let's put it in the public this time.

2. I've said my piece on it private, and I have no need to add more to it.

3. When he said a break down in communication he meant the disrespect that was thrown at him after he retook the throne, as well the disrespect he returned.
[/quote]

I love this post, when offered a rebuttal you just stick your head into the sand and start screaming I don't want to talk about it.

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1308034096' post='2731023']
I love this post, when offered a rebuttal you just stick your head into the sand and start screaming I don't want to talk about it.
[/quote]

But he has [u]already[/u] talked about those things. It is unconstructive to tell someone to do respond differently to something that has already been finished.

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1308050176' post='2731064']
It has always been quite obvious that TIO was founded to reunite the orders and get as many alliances on their side in order to win a global war. Luckily they were stopped last war bij the noble forces of ifok :smug:
[/quote]
Oh, man, I completely forgot to add that to my foreign-affairs-stuff-to-do list. Thanks for reminding me.

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1308023171' post='2730910']
If I recall correctly, the only members who founded TIO, who came from STA, were Scorponok, Sup4l33t3ki11a, Myself, and Sentinal (There might be one more, but I can't recall whom, but they fall under the following statement). Scorp, Sup4, Myself, and #5, were all a part of the first TIO, and came across with me, or because of me later, with the exception of Sentinal, [ooc]who I convinced to come back to CN, after quitting, and to join STA[/ooc]. Frankly, I'd hardly call this poaching, I'd refer more to it as close friends founding an alliance together. You didn't lose any members that weren't brought across by me already.

If I've missed anyone out, feel free to inform me.
[/quote]

The fact that those are the ones who left with you does not mean those are the only ones you attempted to get to join you. You had at least two other STA members masked on your forums while you were "setting up". They ultimately decided not to leave, and came to us about it. We heard from two other members who outright declined to join you.

Furthermore, I spent some time fielding queries from other alliances about you trying to poach members for TIO, while you were still in STA. Without searching through logs, OO comes to mind. I recall them coming to us because you were trying to offer a MoIA position to one of their members, and the member got annoyed about it when you didn't take no for an answer, and kept pestering him. It was actually pretty awkward to be in the position of having to apologize for your actions when we were considering agreeing to your request to protect you, but you hadn't even actually become an alliance yet. It was ultimately the reason we declined, and why we were never really the biggest fans of TIO in the first place.

So yes. You absolutely DID recruit from within STA and from within other alliances as well. Your justification that "BUT THEY WERE MY MEMBERS FIRST" is faulty, because only the ones who left with you were. The rest did not, and they came to us, and their respective governments, about it.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1308032301' post='2731010']
I will always dislike it when people claim they were forced to disband. IAA voted to disband rather than continue to fight after about 1 month of war, which very likely wasn't even a full on nuclear war if I remember correctly.
[/quote]

It was a long time ago TeeVee, things were different then. Pacifica and it's Sock Puppets of Doom could disband an alliance without even asking the alliance. It was a strange time, nation rulers walked in fear of being eliminated without cause, rubbed out, liquidated, mousetrapped, autofisher, you know the words, you remember them. Sorta like Shark Week.

It was a horror show, I doubt I'll ever be able to act nicely.

Also: LOLA!