Explanations, SUNny side up

[quote name='hewhoisgod' timestamp='1305683175' post='2714009']
Telling a senior government member to “suck on my wang” is, in our opinion, ample enough reason for both expulsion as well as ZI.
[/quote]
You must be great at parties.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305826383' post='2715005']
Try not to get cute with my posts unless you understand them. There are lots of other posters more on your level.

edit: Just because you're dumb and I don't want this to go on longer than it has to, I'll elaborate. If you believe that the string of failed attempts to find supporters are evidence that SUN is in fact not a "hiccup" and is actually a global player like NSO or Valhalla, then by all means smirk all the way to your 5th period elective and get back in touch with me when you get your diploma, can understand metaphors, and learn not to provide evidence in support of a point you're trying to disprove while smirking obliviously at your own "cleverness."
[/quote]

Wow Schatt, at first I discounted your reoccurring crankiness to your need to display your faux-outrage on some random occasion in attempt to remain relevant, or perhaps finding a new boogeyman to crusade against without it falling on deaf ears like you tried with GOONs. I really didn't think you were going to go off into the deep end.

From the beginning of this thread, you've hashed out a multitude of asinine comments, ranging from your belief that the ebil 'Daddy' NSO is solely backing X, to your complete obfuscation of every detail and shade of grey as to why SUN's stubbornness led to X (and every other involved party) acting as it did. I've tried to explain to you and others in plain and simple terms the various details surrounding SUN's behavior without inducing a massive log dump. Your attempts to whitewash SUN's actions because they are a 'hiccup' is why your comments deserve ridicule.

[ooc]p.s. Since you went out of your way to insult both my intelligence and educational attainment from a glass house, know that I've already graduated from a university that's likely better than yours, and likely completed it quicker than you have. I'll let you in on a little secret: you're really not on some other plane of 'posting level', only slightly more verbose. Try not throwing stones about it the next time.[/ooc]

Edited by KainIIIC

You're not hearing me, Kain: There is no basis for the reps. And your inability to understand a metaphor makes you dense, Doogie Howser or not. Representatives from your government sat in a coalition channel discussing whether or not to declare war on GOONS for demanding reps from UPN under the same circumstance.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305921002' post='2715671']
You're not hearing me, Kain: There is no basis for the reps. And your inability to understand a metaphor makes you dense, Doogie Howser or not. Representatives from your government sat in a coalition channel discussing whether or not to declare war on GOONS for demanding reps from UPN under the same circumstance.
[/quote]

I understand your argument and disagree with it given all I know. Even if the reps might've been too high, I certainly understand why Partisan requested reps given that I've read all of the private conversations pertaining to this event (let's just say it was tough to negotiate with a rock). Yet you seem to completely ignore any of these details and are adopting SUN's line verbatum with a bout of ridiculous rhetoric ('Daddy NSO' and 'hiccups' are my favorite so far).

And yeah, IIRC, when you invited NSO into the WCE, I think we made it clear we didn't want much of a part in it unless it came down to defending an ally. Bad example.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305921002' post='2715671']
[/quote]

Sometimes you have to kick a baby in the mouth and vomit

My opinion on all of this:

Initially setting punishment at PZI was stupid, ZI would have been more than enough, hell, for the crime committed, simple expulsion would have cut it.

Being said, Exodus infringed on SUN's sovereignty by accepting someone on their ZI list in the first place, and should have had no real right to complain had SUN wanted to pursue him. It appears they reached an agreement to simply ZI him and let him go at any rate. Exodus should have just left it there instead of trying to pursue reps from SUN because they, themselves, screwed up. Whether or not SUN knew Elbarto, or whatever his name is, intended to join Exodus has no bearing on any of this. Exodus was in the wrong in the first place, and SHOULD have offered SUN something when they accepted Elbarto, whether it be some sort of reps for his freedom, or Elbarto himself.

Ragnarok should have been more supportive of their protectorate in these matters, but on the same note, SUN should have taken Ragnarok's advise (which I ASSUME was to not PZI). SUN is not in the wrong here and IMO, it is freaking stupid they are paying reps.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1306020553' post='2716278']
My opinion on all of this:

Initially setting punishment at PZI was stupid, ZI would have been more than enough, hell, for the crime committed, simple expulsion would have cut it.

Being said, Exodus infringed on SUN's sovereignty by accepting someone on their ZI list in the first place, and should have had no real right to complain had SUN wanted to pursue him. It appears they reached an agreement to simply ZI him and let him go at any rate. Exodus should have just left it there instead of trying to pursue reps from SUN because they, themselves, screwed up. Whether or not SUN knew Elbarto, or whatever his name is, intended to join Exodus has no bearing on any of this. Exodus was in the wrong in the first place, and SHOULD have offered SUN something when they accepted Elbarto, whether it be some sort of reps for his freedom, or Elbarto himself.

Ragnarok should have been more supportive of their protectorate in these matters, but on the same note, SUN should have taken Ragnarok's advise (which I ASSUME was to not PZI). SUN is not in the wrong here and IMO, it is freaking stupid they are paying reps.
[/quote]

You are wrong about the agreement reached My friend. This was the ageement reached the first nignt The aggrieved party, [i]the government member and founder told to suck his wang[/i] and Exodus.

Logs edited to remove IP's and unneeded chit chat. If you would like a copy of full logs I would be happy to send them to you.

[23:21] <xYnOhTnAx> i say u pm king james as he will be on in the morning
[23:21] <xYnOhTnAx> i accept your apology
[23:21] <xYnOhTnAx> and i am sorry for threatening you
[23:21] <xYnOhTnAx> and i will also pm king james
[23:22] <xYnOhTnAx> so we squared off?
[23:22] <~ironchef> I just want this over with guys
[23:22] <xYnOhTnAx> yeah it can go to bad but we both have made mistakes
[23:22] <~ironchef> wars ended and peace in our time :)
[23:22] <xYnOhTnAx> so we good?
[23:22] <~ironchef> I'm good
[23:22] <xYnOhTnAx> we should save our troops for a real war..
[23:23] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i agree xYnOhTnAx
[23:23] <El_Barto|AWAY|> ya well
[23:23] <xYnOhTnAx> ok with that said ill pm king james
[23:24] <xYnOhTnAx> im not such a dickhead :P but i had 12 hour shift at work n no sleep
[23:25] <El_Barto|AWAY|> awe
[23:25] <xYnOhTnAx> :P
[23:25] <xYnOhTnAx> well we good now?
[23:25] <El_Barto|AWAY|> indeed
[23:25] <xYnOhTnAx> glad to talk this through guys
[23:25] <xYnOhTnAx> our war would have gotten both of us no where
[23:27] <xYnOhTnAx> ok i pmed james
[23:27] <~ironchef> thank you xYnOhTnAx
[23:28] <xYnOhTnAx> no thank you
[23:28] <xYnOhTnAx> got guerilla camps for no reason :P
[23:28] <~ironchef> LOL
[23:28] <xYnOhTnAx> just gonna back collect then :D
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> barto i almost decided to sell my infa to lose ns
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> lol
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> lol
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i was worried botu that realy
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> i know of one other person that did that
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> lol
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> n he nuked someone
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i was just worried about your exp getting me
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> then bought his infa back
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> other than that i cant say i was worried
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i must go
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> thanks again ironchef
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> and much love xYnOhTnAx
[23:30] <xYnOhTnAx> bye bye
[23:30] <xYnOhTnAx> well ic
[23:31] <~ironchef> cyah around xYnOhTnAx :)
[23:31] <xYnOhTnAx> yes cya bro

As you can see it was over with a sorry and a hand shake as it should be done if your not a crazy megalomaniac. But morning came and King James wanted to push and shove. Exodus was told we could have ElBarto but with no infa as long as he was in CN. I will not be pushed, Exodus will not be pushed, and my members sure as hell will not be pushed. Had it been left at "Elbarto is a member of Exodus we would like you to stop attacks on this nation and he is willing to say sorry for the name calling" "I accept your apology" "Peace will be sent," we would not have gone to RoK to ask them to try and talk reason into their protectorate.

Edited by ironchef

I'm not sure of the government positions involved with all of this, but the potential problem I see (I say potential because it may not be relevant based on xYnOhTnAx's position/authority in the alliance), is that xYnOhTnAx is, iirc, not the leader of SUN. While he may have been okay with the resolution, the alliance leadership may not have.

It also could have been an issue of lack of communication, ie. King James may not have read his PM or talked to xYnOhTnAx before ordering the attacks.

At any rate, imo, demanding reps from SUN seems unfair at best.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1306037118' post='2716413']
At any rate, imo, demanding reps from SUN seems unfair at best.
[/quote]

Anymore fair than having to continue to read that statement?

Having been there with X through this, I would have gone for reps as well .. Of course, I'm an !@#$%^& when it comes to my AA being attacked - under any circumstance ..... But hey :awesome:

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1306038109' post='2716421']

Having been there with X through this, I would have gone for reps as well .. Of course, I'm an !@#$%^& when it comes to my AA being attacked - under any circumstance ..... But hey :awesome:
[/quote]

Oh you :wub:

Of course, I'm an !@#$%^& when it comes to my AA being attacked - under any circumstance ..... But hey :awesome:
[/quote]
Finally something GOONS and NSO can agree on. Although even in this instance I would still say reps are unwarranted. It's pretty clear SUN wasn't at war with or attacking Exodus, they were attacking whatshisface. The only reason they attacked him under the AA of Exodus was because they stupidly accepted a nation already at war.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1306043484' post='2716458']
Finally something GOONS and NSO can agree on. Although even in this instance I would still say reps are unwarranted. It's pretty clear SUN wasn't at war with or attacking Exodus, they were attacking whatshisface. [b]The only reason they attacked him under the AA of Exodus was because they stupidly accepted a nation already at war.[/b]
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

That's the part where people keep getting lost ...

As shown in Ironchef's recent log dump, before they accepted him the attacks off AA were cleared up and they parted ways amicably. AA was switched. Then somewhere in the next day, the attacks continued while he was now on X AA .. And that is when, where and how the reps come into play ...

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1306048233' post='2716491']
That's the part where people keep getting lost ...

As shown in Ironchef's recent log dump, before they accepted him the attacks off AA were cleared up and they parted ways amicably. AA was switched. Then somewhere in the next day, the attacks continued while he was now on X AA .. And that is when, where and how the reps come into play ...
[/quote]

Which is why I think reps at all is stupid. Problem #1 is that an agreement between the offender and offended party =/= an agreement with the alliance on the whole. Now, I know King James was PMed and all SHOULD have been resolved, but there are times when communication breaks down, especially when you are leaving messages for people; they don't always check them before acting. Both parties should have just called it even and moved on IMO.

[quote name='USMC123' timestamp='1306101198' post='2716730']
Which is why I think reps at all is stupid. Problem #1 is that an agreement between the offender and offended party =/= an agreement with the alliance on the whole. Now, I know King James was PMed and all SHOULD have been resolved, but there are times when communication breaks down, especially when you are leaving messages for people; they don't always check them before acting. Both parties should have just called it even and moved on IMO.
[/quote]

That would have happened had they been reasonable throughout the negotiations. Instead they pushed their luck and went for war, assuming that their protector would back them and jump in the fire at their wim. They only came to their senses AFTER RoK dropped them, at which point we at X were completely done negotiating with a rock. :ph34r:

[quote name='Turin' timestamp='1306128428' post='2716916']
That would have happened had they been reasonable throughout the negotiations. Instead they pushed their luck and went for war, assuming that their protector would back them and jump in the fire at their wim. They only came to their senses AFTER RoK dropped them, at which point we at X were completely done negotiating with a rock. :ph34r:
[/quote]

So being done negotiating, you pressed for reps, instead threatening THEM with war?

[quote name='Ubermeir' timestamp='1306079288' post='2716587']
Guy had a war yestetday and noone bothered to ask why?
[/quote]

Do try to keep up.

And we didn't threaten anyone with war. We simply stood firm on our original position. So be it that the strength changed hands...

[/quote]

You appear to not have noticed my sig, so here's the link to see the full sized image. I feel this picture fully elucidates my opinion towards your comment.

http://tinyurl.com/3jr68wn

Edited by hewhoisgod

[quote name='hewhoisgod' timestamp='1306184992' post='2717097']
You appear to not have noticed my sig, so here's the link to see the full sized image. I feel this picture fully elucidates my opinion towards your comment.

http://tinyurl.com/3jr68wn
[/quote]

It's rather intelligent for someone to publicly complain about something they agreed to. To each his own though.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1306187720' post='2717113']
It's rather intelligent for someone to publicly complain about something they agreed to. To each his own though.
[/quote]

Agreed to unwillingly...really this should seem rather obvious.

[quote name='hewhoisgod' timestamp='1306188810' post='2717116']
Agreed to unwillingly...really this should seem rather obvious.
[/quote]
That's a contradiction. You willingly made a choice between reps and war- there was nothing unwilling about it.