Explanations, SUNny side up

[quote name='NoFish' timestamp='1305725925' post='2714300']
Except they started hitting him when he was on none. Does that mean everyone needs to clear it with you before attacking unaligned nations?
[/quote]

We never countered the guy that attacked while barto was unaligned and have never made an issue out of that war. It was not our business. It became ours when they attacked our AA without consent.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='hewhoisgod' timestamp='1305683175' post='2714009']
Many inhabitants of the cyberverse seem to think that we had no reason to expel or ZI el_barto. However this is not the case. Telling a senior government member to “suck on my wang” is, in our opinion, ample enough reason for both expulsion as well as ZI. You are free to agree or disagree but in the end, how we conduct business is up to us.

[/quote]

You hear that, members or Argent, and half of OMFG?

I can expel (and ZI) each and every one of you....at least 40 or 50 times over :awesome:

I'll expect 50 tech from each of you for my hurt feelers.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1305727325' post='2714312']
You hear that, members or Argent, and half of OMFG?

I can expel (and ZI) each and every one of you....at least 40 or 50 times over :awesome:

I'll expect 50 tech from each of you for my hurt feelers.
[/quote]
Oh janax, my wang!!! I think you know what to do

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1305708871' post='2714252']
I love by big Daddy Valhalla and my big Daddy IAA just as much as big Daddy NSO so dont leave them out. :mad: I'm so lucky to have 3 Daddies.[/quote]

I just...I mean... :facepalm:

Looks like I need to have another nice long chat with Chefjoe.

Oh and...when this blows up into a real war, I'll leave my business card right here. Call me.

[quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1305726620' post='2714308']
We never countered the guy that attacked while barto was unaligned and have never made an issue out of that war. It was not our business. It became ours when they attacked our AA without consent.
[/quote]

THis seems to be the point everyone is missing,

the screen shot of my war while i was unallied, thats not incorrect i was attacked and i was at war although that was due to prior engagement and it was settled quite fast and generaly in the nicest way, IC did post those logs.... we put our diferences aside and decided war was not the answer.
After wich, i did continue my reapp to exodus(home), at wich point SUN disregarded our agreement to end the war that never was and continued their attacks.

Truthfully this was an ordeal that had many people sitting infront of their PC's or whatever peice of technology they might use nowadays for if not close to then maybe over 24 hours....... the point is, i was attacked, and settled it, joined an alliance, was attacked again, afterwards diplomacies were outside my reach and Exodus took control, my grattitude is imeasurable.

wang

[quote name='Elbarto' timestamp='1305730091' post='2714325']
Truthfully this was an ordeal that had many people sitting infront of their PC's or whatever peice of technology they might use nowadays for if not close to then maybe over 24 hours.......
[/quote]

Please tell me this is an embellishment.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305705581' post='2714241']
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/FMnQv.png[/IMG]

This is pretty easy to sort out: Click "search wars." Magic! You don't even have to think for yourself, the numbers tell you everything you need to know.

SUN should tell Exodus exactly where they can find their "reps" (I find it physically impossible to need reparations for something that wasn't yours) and Exodus should find the wherewithall to try this without Daddy NSO standing behind them.
[/quote]
So it took you two screenshots, one picture, some !@#$%* paint drawings, and two quotes to figure out that I misstated something? God job!

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1305730242' post='2714326']
Wow in a matter of weeks we went from "Bad Disobedient Puppy" to "Daddy NSO"...
[img]http://imageshack.us/m/847/7694/87752597.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Thank the Heft administration. :)

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' timestamp='1305731122' post='2714332']
i'm insulted, Partisan i thought i was your daddy![img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbLdYeZvoc"]Keshav, you are not the father.[/url]

This is remarkably terrible, and does no favors to anyone involved on either side.

@OP: It's worth pointing out that much worse is said in private on a regular basis in many alliances, and (obviously) isn't grounds for expulsion/ZI.

You aren't necessarily [i]wrong[/i] for doing things in a different manner, but you ain't gonna get much sympathy for freaking out over something a lot of people (me included) consider to be very tame.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1305686926' post='2714079']
I vote for SUN and Gotham to merge. Such awesomeness in a single alliance would hardly be contained.
[/quote]

Needs more Exodus, for that old school GGA level of fail feel to it.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1305730242' post='2714326']
Wow in a matter of weeks we went from "Bad Disobedient Puppy" to "Daddy NSO"...
[img]http://imageshack.us/m/847/7694/87752597.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

We're finally doin it right :awesome:

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1305743967' post='2714416']
You're supportive of PZI then?
[/quote]

It doesn't affect me one way or another how SUN wants to handle their internal business. It is laughable, however, that Exodus would accept a member that is being attacked and then demand reparations for that attack. There are parallels between this and the TENE/NSO issue, and unfortunately for SUN, Rok isn't as willing to go to war to help fulfill their protectorates' wishes as they were during that situation.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1305745547' post='2714421']
It doesn't affect me one way or another how SUN wants to handle their internal business. It is laughable, however, that Exodus would accept a member that is being attacked and then demand reparations for that attack. There are parallels between this and the TENE/NSO issue, and unfortunately for SUN, Rok isn't as willing to go to war to help fulfill their protectorates' wishes as they were during that situation.
[/quote]
Right, so you're saying that PZI (over insults) is alright because it's an alliances internal business. So long as we're clear on that.

If you think SUN has been unjustly treated and did nothing wrong why don’t you offer them a protectorate, I think they are still on the market for one. The two of you would fit well together.[/quote]
Don't tempt [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjfR6d_VEuA"]Mad Shatt[/url]; his eyes are wide.

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1305708871' post='2714252']I love by big Daddy Valhalla and my big Daddy IAA just as much as big Daddy NSO so dont leave them out. :mad: I'm so lucky to have 3 Daddies.
[/quote]
I only see NSO with the endorsements.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1305732456' post='2714344']
So it took you two screenshots, one picture, some !@#$%* paint drawings, and two quotes to figure out that I misstated something? God job!
[/quote]
Paint? I'll have you know the Schloss Eggenberg Productions Support Agency uses Firework MX Education 2002.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1305742408' post='2714401']
ITT I find myself unequivocally agreeing with Schattenmann.
[/quote]
I like to think that by sticking to the truth I can transcend politics; everyone is welcome to join me up here :)

This was all over with the night of the attacks on our member. We asked that they give peace, Elbarto said sorry to the founder he told to do things to his wang and all was right with the world. Had SUN left it at that we would not be here today. But nooooooo they had to come back the next day and be all big and bad and tell us he was still going to be PZI'd and to stick it. Now if their own protectorate after seeing logs of all this felt SUN was in the wrong, why is it so hard for you to see? Hell in the first round of talkes yesterday even after we got told to shove it all we asked for was reps for the wars declared on him after he was on our AA and after we had been told there would be peace. SUN had to push it thinking big Daddy RoK would back their stupidity.[/quote][quote name='Partisan' timestamp='1305709309' post='2714253']
At first the only thing we asked for was an apology and compensation of damage done. The mere retardedness of the situation and the stubborn posturing while they still thought RoK was backing them got us to the point where we were this close to going to war. I've spent 6 - 7 subsequent hours of my night dealing with this mess. Quite some of us were ready to roll. We gave them a last chance to get out relatively easy (whats 24 mil for a 1 mil NS alliance?) and they took it. See part of the 24 mil as a "we sorry" gift. :ph34r:
SUN should have cleared the attacks with Exodus before hitting a nation on our AA, regardless wether he was already accepted or not. Its common decency, really.
[/quote]
What both of you need to understand is that when you accept a member with active wars and no alliance affiliation, you don't get some intrinsic right to demand "an apology and compensation of damage done" because the damage done was not to your member and the perceived wrong was not to your member. You accepted a nations in the process of being ZIed or PZIed--the distinction is immaterial to the circumstances of his application--and while many alliances might say "oh, ok, well you can have him" many (I dare say most) would not, and would tell you he's free from attacks when he gets to ZI (ie: <LA[SUN|XBOX]> i said you can have him, i did not say with infra).
If it came down to Exodus decided that treaties with NSO, IAA, and Val meant they can tell SUN to get bent, fine. But the idea that you are owed reps for "6 - 7 subsequent hours of my night" is repugnant, and you and ironchef should resign your positions if you don't want to do your jobs.
Don't get me wrong--I don't dislike elfarto, I don't dislike Exodus (yet), I don't like SUN, and I don't agree that a ZI or PZI is necessarily correct, but the simple fact of the matter is that your demands for compensation are absurd when it is Exodus which is breaking all protocol.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1305746128' post='2714424']
Right, so you're saying that PZI (over insults) is alright because it's an alliances internal business. So long as we're clear on that.
[/quote]

Just because something is wrong doesn't mean it isn't their decision to enforce. If Exodus wants to let in an unaligned person who is being attacked, there are two avenues. One is to negotiate the release of the person, and the other is to not negotiate and say that you will defend the person from any attacks, which is generally when war would start if neither side wishes to stand down. However, the major issue is that SUN's protector is letting another alliance interfere with their protectorate and threatening the war, and then not only not helping them out, but outright dropping them.