Explanations, SUNny side up

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1305687363' post='2714086']
Actually, that's not what happened at all.
[/quote]

That's what it says on his war screen and in the various thread's I've read here.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1305687094' post='2714083']
Strange world...Exodus accepts a member who is unaligned, under a ZI sentence and at war with SUN but SUN has to pay reps to Exodus?

I don't really care either way but that seems exactly the opposite of what usually happens here.
[/quote]

I tend to agree. SUN folded too quickly. Despite the ridiculous PZI and reasoning behind it, Exodus seems to have intruded on the sovereignty of SUN by accepting a member at war with another alliance without talking to them about it.

[quote name='LexCorp' timestamp='1305687567' post='2714091']
That's not how I remember this story going.
[/quote]

Then what was it? I mean, that's pretty much how the OP reads. ZI Sentance issued for stupid but personal reason --> Exodus accepts nation --> SUN pays reps. PZI is being thrown around but that is absent in the original rundown, seems like there is a piece missing.

(only asking out of curiosity and boredom, don't actually care or anything)

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Is there any confusion here that the size of the involved parties as well as treaty connections has determined how this will land? Were SUN the larger party and of more use, Exodus would be forced to the table grovelling. Truly, nothing changes as the 'verse rotates around the political drain.

Well, here is a sparse overview. El barto was a former X member who had joined SUN. He was planning on rejoining us anyways, but before that he insulted a SUN founder and then came to rejoin us. He was attacked by a SUN nation before he officially rejoined though. After he rejoined, we talked to SUN and thought it was over with and worked out. But then they continued to attack, saying "you can have him with no infra". They acknowledged he was an X member, but they were going to zi him. That is when we had a problem with it. And we were not going to allow them to PZI a friend and alliance member over something so stupid.

I don't personally think it is any alliances' sovereignty to pzi over something so small, if at all. But for those of you who were curious, I hope that helps. (and if not, bug some other X member :P)

Edited by Chaunce

The truth is not even i was informed of my existance upon a ZI list of any kinda before or during my re app to exodus, the issue wasnt even with anyone i knew as gov from SUN it was a so called "Founding member" that i now have a slight respect for as we had come to terms with our argument long before this escalated into something it truly shouldnt have.

/me Shrugs
shall we move on then?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1305689126' post='2714112']
Former sounds like a single ZI, not the latter, no?
[/quote]

Could be taken that way i suppose. I don't know what they were thinking to be honest at that point, just a quote a member told me. I do know they said he had a pzi on him though. (as they admitted)

[quote name='Elbarto' timestamp='1305689146' post='2714113']
The truth is not even i was informed of my existance upon a ZI list of any kinda before or during my re app to exodus, the issue wasnt even with anyone i knew as gov from SUN it was a so called "Founding member" that i now have a slight respect for as we had come to terms with our argument long before this escalated into something it truly shouldnt have.

/me Shrugs
shall we move on then?
[/quote]
Sounds reasonable, but in a few years you never know, they might change they're minds so be careful dude.
And be nice to exodus. :((

[quote name='Chaunce' timestamp='1305688914' post='2714108']
After he rejoined, we talked to SUN and thought it was over with and worked out. But then they continued to attack, saying "you can have him with no infra". They acknowledged he was an X member, but they were going to zi him. That is when we had a problem with it.
[/quote]

In most cases the person would have been accepted after his ZI was complete. I certainly think it's fairly ridiculous that SUN has to pay 24 million in reps to be honest.

But if they agreed to pay it, oh well.

Well, a pzi is never complete, and they acknowledged they put him on their pzi list. (regardless of the different ways the quote could be taken) But i get your point, and as you said, oh well, agreement made, issue over.

From my understanding, Exodus accepted El Barto and only after El Barto was firmly on the Exodus AA did attacks begin with no prior warning. Nor were they informed of the PZI listing until after attacks began.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1305690236' post='2714124']
From my understanding, Exodus accepted El Barto and only after El Barto was firmly on the Exodus AA did attacks begin with no prior warning. Nor were they informed of the PZI listing until after attacks began.
[/quote]

His war screen shows that he was unaligned when the attacks started.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1305688282' post='2714101']
Then what was it? I mean, that's pretty much how the OP reads. ZI Sentance issued for stupid but personal reason --> Exodus accepts nation --> SUN pays reps. PZI is being thrown around but that is absent in the original rundown, seems like there is a piece missing.

(only asking out of curiosity and boredom, don't actually care or anything)
[/quote]

<El_Barto> well my home Exodus is as trust worthy as it gets....

that is from the wang calling logs. I would post it all but its long and not all that good a read. I needed 2 cups of coffee to get it done. He said his home Exodus. That was about half way into the logs that ended with this

<El_Barto> so you obviuosly dont know wtf your talkin about
<xYnOhTnAx> u 12?
<xYnOhTnAx> or 14?
<El_Barto> no fool
<xYnOhTnAx> fool?
<xYnOhTnAx> whats ur ns?
<Joe_Stupid> guys relax
<xYnOhTnAx> ill show u fool
*** El_Barto sets mode +b on xYnOhTnAx!*Mibbit@coldfront-8AEDE9F6.sd.sd.cox.net
*** xYnOhTnAx has been kicked by El_Barto ([AND STAY OUT!!!])

So before he was kicked and put on the PZI list lol [i]I can’t say it without laughing [/i]they knew he was coming back to Exodsu.

Then I get this query 20min after he was hit.

[21:23] <King_James[SUN]-ZzZzz> hey ironchef I see you have excepted a new member by the name of El barro I am just letting you know he is on our Perm ZI list and he will not be removed he has insulted one of our founding fathers and then tried to run we have screen shots and I will be happy to showe them to you tomorrow when i get back on but for now Im just briefing you on the situation

So we spent about 1 hr talking this out. Not King J but some guy form SUN how is only Gov in TE not SE but he didn’t tell me that until we had been at it for over 40min. however xYnOhTnAx was in the room and said he was happy with a sorry for calling you names and love was made and attacks should have ended then.
Time stamp is US pst.
[23:27] <xYnOhTnAx> ok i pmed james
[23:27] <~ironchef> thank you xYnOhTnAx
[23:28] <xYnOhTnAx> no thank you
[23:28] <xYnOhTnAx> got guerilla camps for no reason :P
[23:28] <~ironchef> LOL
[23:28] <xYnOhTnAx> just gonna back collect then :D
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> barto i almost decided to sell my infa to lose ns
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> lol
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> lol
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i was worried botu that realy
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> i know of one other person that did that
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> lol
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> n he nuked someone
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i was just worried about your exp getting me
[23:29] <xYnOhTnAx> then bought his infa back
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> other than that i cant say i was worried
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> i must go
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> thanks again ironchef
[23:29] <El_Barto|AWAY|> and much love xYnOhTnAx
[23:30] <xYnOhTnAx> bye bye
[23:30] <xYnOhTnAx> well ic
[23:31] <~ironchef> cyah around xYnOhTnAx :)
[23:31] <xYnOhTnAx> yes cya bro

Next thing I know he is being hit by two more SUN members, oh joy more work over nothing.

So today we had to do this all over again and it was pain in the ass. SUN was dead set on PZI and we wanted the attacks to stop and reps from the two nations that attacked after he was on our AA. Things fell all to !@#$ fast.
This is what we got from SUN

[13:41] <~Partisan[X]> peace out your wars and we can be done with this.
[13:41] <LA[SUN|XBOX]> Once again i can not do that
[13:42] <~Partisan[X]> well then, try talking some sense into the rest of your government
[13:42] <Rayvon[NSO]> Of course not, he called your member a name. Honour and justice must prevail.
[13:42] <~Partisan[X]> haha
[13:42] <LA[SUN|XBOX]> LA[SUN|XBOX] I saw if you want el barto you can have him
[13:42] <LA[SUN|XBOX]> i said you can have him, i did not say with infra ;)
[13:42] <ironchef> oh wow
[13:42] <~Partisan[X]> Take his infra and we'll take yours.
[13:43] <ironchef> you want to do this
[13:43] * Rayvon[NSO] facepalms
[13:43] <ironchef> you realy want to do this
[13:43] <Rayvon[NSO]> This is silly
[13:43] <~Partisan[X]> It is
[13:43] <LA[SUN|XBOX]> I told you
[13:43] <ironchef> because I have no issue with going that route

You don’t pull this if you don’t have the sack to back it up. As soon as logs had been given to RoK they had a little talk with SUN and SUN was still being mentally handicapped. :blink:

Well they ran all over CN looking for alliances to support their little cause but any alliance with half a brain would not help them and on top of that they lost their baby sitter.

So they come to us to see how to keep from being blow all to hell and we told them pay reps for the attacks and say you are sorry for being so stupid. And here we are. All this over some name calling.

This is for any alliance leaders out there with thin skin..... STEP DOWN!!!!! Give the job to someone less emo and save your alliance and your allies a lode of trouble.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1305690236' post='2714124']
[/quote]
The first attack was before he officially rejoined, vol is correct. To my knowledge, we talked to them and thought the issue was worked out. He went ahead and rejoined, but then they with no warning attacked again. That is when it began to escalate which lead to all the other fun stuff and pzi's or whatever.

Well, im off to bed, night all.

Edited by Chaunce

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1305686926' post='2714079']
I vote for SUN and Gotham to merge. Such awesomeness in a single alliance would hardly be contained.
[/quote]
Seconded

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1305689006' post='2714109']
Just thought I'd put that out there. :)
[/quote]

Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to put that away.

Wang.

[quote name='shaneprice' timestamp='1305692053' post='2714149']
After reading this I am very surprised that I have managed to stay off everyone's EZI/PZI/UBERZI/what the heck ever ZI this is for, list...
[/quote]

I know. All day you are telling people to suck your wang. You are now added to my WangZI list.

[quote name='ironchef' timestamp='1305691157' post='2714134']
Assorted things.
[/quote]

Si, makes a little more sense then the OP.

War was probably more warranted then reps in my opinion, but that's just a personal preference. To each his own.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1305692617' post='2714153']
Si, makes a little more sense then the OP.

War was probably more warranted then reps in my opinion, but that's just a personal preference. To each his own.
[/quote]

Oh my green god you have no idea. I was at the end of a 20 day sled come update with an itchy trigger finger. If not for cooler heads I would have had several of SUN’s on a spike outside my gates.