The Overtime Accords

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305098992' post='2710042']
Ask 20 karma leaders what it was and you will get 20 different answers.[/quote]

Different people having different opinions?! Is this our fault? My god! What a terrible world we have created!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305098992' post='2710042']
For an alliance who threw such a childish temper tantrum about people not being allowed to sit in peace mode and going as far as punishing an alliance for doing it you would think having 70 MK members in peace mode including 4 of their top 6 would infuriate MK. Then again its MK, they wouldn’t know brave or honourable if it slapped them in the face. Get out of peace mode, stop acting like infra hugging hypocritical cowards and come out from behind your meatshield
[/quote]

You act like we have been in peace mode for the last 3+ months. I'm barely even active any more and even I can clearly see why this has been done.

1. MK'ers have already fought a lot in this war while Umbrella still have many huge nations virtually fresh.

2. We knew NPO would concentrate their attacks on us.

Please ignore the facts though. MK are clearly nothing but cowards. Always have been.

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1305078394' post='2709889']
There were many things that many people opposed NPO for but I think I speak for many when I say that we didn't intend for Karma to be the war to end all wars.
[/quote]
From where I'm sitting you didn't intend for it to be about anything other than winning. Which is a shame, really, because you fooled even me otherwise. And they said [i]I[/i] was the one climbing on the cross!

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1305083058' post='2709944']
After being against the practices of the NPO for two plus years at that point I had hoped it would be. Not to end all wars, of course, since that would be boring, but to end... I don't know... the blatantly unjust ones. And then y'all brought us this one. My mistake for being too much of an optimist I suppose.
[/quote]
I did warn you.

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1305119055' post='2710094']
From where I'm sitting you didn't intend for it to be about anything other than winning. Which is a shame, really, because you fooled even me otherwise. And they said [i]I[/i] was the one climbing on the cross!
[/quote]

There's a difference between playing to win and playing to make Planet Bob and all of you neutrals, mon vieil ami.

Edited by potato

[quote name='fant0m' timestamp='1305115706' post='2710083']
[b]You act like we have been in peace mode for the last 3+ months[/b]. I'm barely even active any more and even I can clearly see why this has been done.

1. MK'ers have already fought a lot in this war while Umbrella still have many huge nations virtually fresh.

[b]2. We knew NPO would concentrate their attacks on us.[/b]

[b]Please ignore the facts though. MK are clearly nothing but cowards[/b]. Always have been.
[/quote]

By your own admission you ran to peacemode specifically to avoid the Pacifican war machine. After all the crap they got about peace mode when they decided to come out and fight you were found cowering in peace mode because you knew they would concentrate their attacks on you.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305134115' post='2710163']
By your own admission you ran to peacemode specifically to avoid the Pacifican war machine. After all the crap they got about peace mode when they decided to come out and fight you were found cowering in peace mode because you knew they would concentrate their attacks on you.
[/quote]
If you can't see the merits of not letting NPO declare down in NS on us, and instead forcing them to hit Umb's nations that are likely equal to or greater in NS, then you still have a lot of work to do in understanding simple strategies.

Edited by Drai

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1305134662' post='2710165']
If you can't see the merits of not letting NPO declare down in NS on us, and instead forcing them to hit Umb's nations that are likely equal to or greater in NS, then you still have a lot of work to do in understanding simple strategies.
[/quote]
I understand peace mode is not a legitimate tactic in war these days. I can’t remember what was said word for word but the whole reason for this extended beat down was because MK didn’t want to set the precedent of letting alliances use peace mode to avoid damage. Your response to them coming out of peace mode was to pull a move so hypocritical and cowardly it eclipses everything that has come before it. You ran to peace mode with your tails between your legs to avoid damage.

[b]
MK:[/b] Come out and fight us like men
[b]NPO:[/b] No
[b]MK:[/b] Come out and fight us like men
[b]NPO[/b]: No
[b]NPO:[/b] Ok
[b]MK:[/b] Leg it, NPO is coming [img]http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/emoticons/scared/images/emscared30.gif[/img]

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305136459' post='2710178']
I understand peace mode is not a legitimate tactic in war these days. I can’t remember what was said word for word but the whole reason for this extended beat down was because MK didn’t want to set the precedent of letting alliances use peace mode to avoid damage. Your response to them coming out of peace mode was to pull a move so hypocritical and cowardly it eclipses everything that has come before it. You ran to peace mode with your tails between your legs to avoid damage.

[b]
[b]MK:[/b] Leg it, NPO is coming [img]http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/emoticons/scared/images/emscared30.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Yes, shame on us for mitigating NPO's strategic advantage of choosing the timing and targets of battle. :blink:

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1305107751' post='2710068']
Different people having different opinions?! Is this our fault? My god! What a terrible world we have created!
[/quote]
Would that include how we refused a sanction and you guys griped at us and tried to use it as another pathetic excuse for this laughing stock of a war you brought to our doorstep too then? :lol1:

[quote]If you can't see the merits of not letting NPO declare down in NS on us, and instead forcing them to hit Umb's nations that are likely equal to or greater in NS, then you still have a lot of work to do in understanding simple strategies. [/quote]

tl,dr Umbrella= Meat shields, just like goons.
[img]http://www.ikoncollectables.com.au/images/meat%20shieldwear%20male.jpg[/img]

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1305136459' post='2710178']

[b]
[/quote]
That's assuming you completely ignore the 6+ wars a lot of our top tier fought prior to this point in time (some of us were involved in 10+).

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1305141406' post='2710200']
That's assuming you completely ignore the 6+ wars a lot of our top tier fought prior to this point in time (some of us were involved in 10+).
[/quote]

If the hypocrisy fits...

You and your allies castigated NPO and Legion for hiding our top tier in peace mode to preserve our strength. NPO finally comes out and you hide your top tier in peace mode to preserve their strength.

You and your allies said that you could not, and would not allow such a strategy to succeed. And yet you are now using the exact same strategy.

You are nothing but cowards, liars, and hypocrites.

Welcome to the New World Order.
"Do as I say, not as I do."

Edited by Banedon

NPO doesn't want it's nations torn apart by down declares from giant Umbrella nations.

NPO = Cowards

MK doesn't want it's nations torn apart by down declares from giant NPO nations.

MK = Strategists

Lord, MK couldn't serve up any more golden nuggets if they were drunken leprechauns at the end of the rainbow.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1305100599' post='2710047']
When quoting my leaders you seem to have forgotten my actual leader and focused instead on Mushroom Kingdom for some reason, and for that your post is as useless as it is fallacious. But I'll spare you the effort of looking it up:

[/quote]

I believe that a good portion of that was from the Doomhouse DoW. Not an MK DoW....Doomhouse. You. Your leaders. Your nations, through aggressive warfare backing that document and everything in it.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1305144358' post='2710218']
We're putting our best nations forward to do the maximum amount of damage possible, not hiding from a war and trying to wish it away. There's a pretty clear difference here.
[/quote]

Umbrella maybe....but MK members have just said they are in peace mode because they knew NPO would be coming after them.

We're putting our [b]best nations [/b]forward to do the maximum amount of damage possible, not hiding from a war and trying to wish it away. There's a pretty clear difference here.
[/quote]

Why not all your nations??? If peace mode strategy is bad for the community and can't be allowed to be used...then why use it yourself??

It really is quite simple, with over 40% on MK hiding in peace mode to avoid damage, they have either become the "discusting cowards" of peace mode, or legitimized the strategy.

Of course MK does have a habit of vilifying a tactic until they get a chance to use it themselves...then it becomes a sound strategy. At least you can be known as the consistant hypacrites.

Edited by Kilkenny

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1305144863' post='2710220']
Why not all your nations??? If peace mode strategy is bad for the game and can't be allowed to be used...then why use it yourself??

It really is quite simple, with over 40% on MK hiding in peace mode to avoid damage, they have either become the "discusting cowards" of peace mode, or legitimized the strategy.

Of course MK does have a habit of vilifying a tactic until they get a chance to use it themselves...then it becomes a sound strategy. At least you can be known as the consistant hypacrites.
[/quote]

Only a certain number of enemy nations are out of peace mode, so we can get great coverage on them and still manage to keep our weaker people in peace mode. See now, if you had brought all of your people out of peace mode to begin with, we would not have this luxury. I mean I'm pretty awful when it comes to milcom stuff but this seems very obvious to me. @otherguy: I meant that Doomhouse is putting its best nations forward, and a lot of those best nations are Umbrella. Love them to death but Umbrella just has more firepower in the ranges we are talking about than MK does.

We're putting our best nations forward to do the maximum amount of damage possible, not hiding from a war and trying to wish it away. There's a pretty clear difference here.
[/quote]

This is correct, as is Nordreich

[/quote]
Not quite, MK is putting your (Umbrellas) best nations forward while by their own admission hiding from the anticipated NPO onslaught.

MK nations above 50K NS and in war mode: 30

Defensive slots on MK nations 50K NS+ and in war mode: 90

Defensive slots on our 50K NS+ people currently being filled: 13

Clearly, it's MK nations being in peace mode that's keeping NPO from attacking us!

Edited by Azaghul

[quote name='Doitzel' timestamp='1305119055' post='2710094']
[/quote]
Not exactly, in the past would you see alliances !@#$%*ing about their terms in their own surrender thread? EZI is gone. Harsh terms are for the most part gone. The necessity of allying with the lead alliances to avoid being curb-stomped is gone.

[quote name='Kilkenny' timestamp='1305144863' post='2710220']
Why not all your nations??? If peace mode strategy is bad for the game and can't be allowed to be used...then why use it yourself??

[/quote]
Tactical use of peace mode to control declarations is not cowardly and (OOC: bad for the game). Hiding nations in peace for the entirety of a war and limiting the overall number of wars that can be fought is.

The two are not comparable.

Edited by Azaghul

Some more stats;

MK nations above 40K NS and in war mode: 38

Defensive slots on MK nations 50K NS+ and in war mode: 114

Defensive slots on our 50K NS+ people currently being filled: 17

NPO nations above 40K NS and in war mode: 19

Defensive slots on NPO nations 50K NS+ and in war mode: 57

Defensive slots on NPO 50K NS+ people currently being filled: 57

[quote name='Drai' timestamp='1305134662' post='2710165']
[/quote]
ITT:
When MK does it, it's [i]strategy[/i]
When NPO does it, it's [i]cowardice[/i]

:rolleyes: