The Overtime Accords

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304969038' post='2709155']
This thread is living proof that everyone should start using GOONs because it will make us disband in rage.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffX2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
How about goons then? Sooner the better imo.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304969248' post='2709158']
How about goons then? Sooner the better imo.
[/quote]
That's what we call ourselves internally. The members of GOONS are goons. If you called us goons, that would just mean you're referring to the members themselves rather than the alliance. Of course, if you refer to us as GOONs or GONS then we'll begin sobbing immediately.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

This thread is living proof that everyone should start using GOONs because it will make us disband in rage.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffX2.jpg[/img][/quote]

Nahh, you're [size="4"]GOONS[/size]. As for disbanding in rage, barring your nation numbers finding a floor pretty soon, you seem to be heading in that direction very rapidly without any rage whatsoever.

I'm predicting under 100 members by July, barring [url="http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man"]the Slender Man[/url] rescuing you. Then again, maybe he's offing your members? It would explain a lot. Perhaps I shall recruit him to Valhalla. :)

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304933699' post='2709001']
Exactly. Never ceases to amuse me how those sycophants now proclaim to sit the furthest from the NPO and their evil deeds. Many of them now meting out punishment to the NPO for a second time for the evils committed while they rode shotgun. Perhaps that is why they are acting as they are, no amount of scrubbing makes them feel clean.
[/quote]

Meh, despite what you say I wouldn't take STA out of the sycophant list personally, you were there for at least 2/3rds of Pacifica's ruling, if not more.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304971054' post='2709165']
Nahh, you're [size="4"]GOONS[/size]. As for disbanding in rage, barring your nation numbers finding a floor pretty soon, you seem to be heading in that direction very rapidly without any rage whatsoever.

I'm predicting under 100 members by July, barring [url="http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/slender-man"]the Slender Man[/url] rescuing you. Then again, maybe he's offing your members? It would explain a lot. Perhaps I shall recruit him to Valhalla. :)
[/quote]
Our member count always fluctuates between 250-400 depending on when we're recruiting. If you'd like to make a real prediction, you should actually look at our history and realize that membercount going down again about a month after recruiting isn't just easy to predict, it's pretty much a law of the universe. If you'd like to take the downward section of our easily predictable sine wave membercount as an indication that we'll run out of members in a couple months, I'd be glad to place a wager on your 100 members in July estimate.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304971117' post='2709166']
Meh, despite what you say I wouldn't take STA out of the sycophant list personally, you were there for at least 2/3rds of Pacifica's ruling, if not more.
[/quote]

Why stop there? Toga's evils stretch all the back to that nuke he fired that kicked off the first Great War. Why don't we reminisce about that for a while? Argue about it. Stick our tounges out at each other it. Surely that will resolve that distant past injustice. Right?

Really people, the things happening here and now are more than enough to be concerned about. How about we solve them first then worry about the unchangeable past?

[edit]Holy auto correct Batman! I type "Tyga's" I swear![/edit]

Edited by Ragashingo

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1304971117' post='2709166']
Meh, despite what you say I wouldn't take STA out of the sycophant list personally, you were there for at least 2/3rds of Pacifica's ruling, if not more.[/quote]

For the most part they were at best a bit player in comparison to GOONS, \m/, GGA, IRON, TOP, and all the other major alliances that were prominent at various points in history. They were one of the alliances that filled the power vacuum on White team left when \m/ was disbanded and quite honestly I wasn't even that familiar with them until I found out that they were getting what I thought was a pretty raw deal for being on the "wrong" side of the War of the Coalition (against NPO's allies), and only later got better terms. For most of their history, NpO, not Pacifica, has been their closest ally within The Orders. Indeed, STA has actually held more treaties over the years with MK than NPO.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304972274' post='2709174']
For the most part they were at best a bit player in comparison to GOONS, \m/, GGA, IRON, TOP, and all the other major alliances that were prominent at various points in history. They were one of the alliances that filled the power vacuum on White team left when \m/ was disbanded and quite honestly I wasn't even that familiar with them until I found out that they were getting what I thought was a pretty raw deal for being on the "wrong" side of the War of the Coalition (against NPO's allies), and only later got better terms. For most of their history, NpO, not Pacifica, has been their closest ally within The Orders. Indeed, STA has actually held more treaties over the years with MK than NPO.
[/quote]
And then we became the monster.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304970538' post='2709163']
That's what we call ourselves internally. The members of GOONS are goons. If you called us goons, that would just mean you're referring to the members themselves rather than the alliance. Of course, if you refer to us as GOONs or GONS then we'll begin sobbing immediately.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
gons works for me too, but once again, not soon enough.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1304972848' post='2709180']
And then we became the monster.
[/quote]

And the truth has been revealed. At least, [i]someone[/i] admitted to being the monster... even if it was clearly sarcastic. <_< I guess it's progress on this seemingly never-ending feud?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304903436' post='2708795']
Why does anyone in TOP ever feel that they have the right to throw stones at NPO? When I was in TOP in 2008, I had the audacity to say that TOP should start making FA decisions based on TOP's interests and not NPO's, and for this wild idea I was called an "anti-NPO subversive."

It's not the way NPO "played," it's the way TOP, IRON, GOONS, GGA, Viridian Entente, Grämlins, GDA, TPF, TORN, FAN, Nordreich/Norden Verein, &c &c. played. [i]You[/i] are to blame. NPO did nothing without the lockstep, slobbering, sycophantic support of its allies like TOP. And that's fine in a removed sense of the word; after all, we're all politicians here. But NPO doesn't have anything "coming to it" that TOP doesn't, TOP just managed to flake out when they saw the axe falling.
[/quote]
I'm not coming from a TOP point of view with this. It just seems ridiculous to me that nobody's talking about the obvious reason that NPO was attacked: because it's NPO. If all of their former allies were as bad they'd be in the same position NPO is in, but most have moved on since they didn't accumulate as many enemies.

Edited by Joe Kremlin

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304972106' post='2709170']
Our member count always fluctuates between 250-400 depending on when we're recruiting. If you'd like to make a real prediction, you should actually look at our history and realize that membercount going down again about a month after recruiting isn't just easy to predict, it's pretty much a law of the universe. If you'd like to take the downward section of our easily predictable sine wave membercount as an indication that we'll run out of members in a couple months, I'd be glad to place a wager on your 100 members in July estimate.[/quote]

Ok, here's the bet...

On July 4th (a holiday here in the Haleenstar Republic because it was the day Electron Sponge was deposed at NpO), if GOONS membership is under 100 members, you will publish on these forums a five paragraph essay extolling the virtues of Sam Adams: RL historical person, beer, [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=429276"]ruler of Zebes[/url], I don't care. If GOONS is disbanded or merges with another alliance before that date, you are fulfill the essay requirement and stop using anime characters on these forums forever. If on the other hand GOONS member is above 100 members, GOONS gets a ToF with the Haleenstar Republic that can only be canceled in the event of hostilities between Valhalla and GOONS. That means where you are concerned, I say something nice or I shut up and you extend the same courtesy to me. If on the other hand GOONS is sanctioned (200+ members, etc.) the ToF extends to all of Doom House (assuming there is a DH and/or GOONS is still a member, same Valhalla rule applies as well) and you will receive my personal congratulations.

If it's a bet, just say so. If not...your loss. You had an opportunity to silence one of your harshest critics and passed on it.

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1304973432' post='2709186']
I'm not coming from a TOP point of view with this. It just seems ridiculous to me that nobody's talking about the obvious reason that NPO was attacked: because it's NPO. [b]If all of the former allies were as bad they'd be in the same position NPO is, but most have moved on since they haven't accumulated as many enemies.[/b]
[/quote]
Or they simply hopped across the treaty-web fast enough to avoid the diplomatic fallout, burning a bridge here and there. The question is, can they swim back to the other side of the treaty web when their new side begins to feel the heat?

[quote name='SpacingOutMan' timestamp='1304973002' post='2709183']
And the truth has been revealed. At least, [i]someone[/i] admitted to being the monster... even if it was clearly sarcastic. <_< I guess it's progress on this seemingly never-ending feud?
[/quote]
Every time the progress takes a step forward, it takes two steps back.

[s][img]http:/meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisfffX2.jpg[/img][/s]
[/quote]
Disband? That's no fun. Provoking alliances into launching pre-emptive attacks by simply turning up the heat in the OWF? Now that's fun.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304959892' post='2709090']
I swear to god if you keep spelling it "GOONs" I am going to cut you out of the loot.
[/quote]
Hey GOONs, is using "GOONs" constantly in the OWF a CB?

:awesome:

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1304974298' post='2709191']
Or they simply hopped across the treaty-web fast enough to avoid the diplomatic fallout, burning a bridge here and there. The question is, can they swim back to the other side of the treaty web when their new side begins to feel the heat?
[/quote]

Could NPO have "hopped across the treaty-web" and avoided the last two beatdowns if they wanted to?

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1304974424' post='2709192']
Could NPO have "hopped across the treaty-web" and avoided the last two beatdowns if they wanted to?
[/quote]
Any alliance can, but some organizations have principles.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304973512' post='2709189']
Ok, here's the bet...

On July 4th (a holiday here in the Haleenstar Republic because it was the day Electron Sponge was deposed at NpO), if GOONS membership is under 100 members, you will publish on these forums a five paragraph essay extolling the virtues of Sam Adams: RL historical person, beer, [url="http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=429276"]ruler of Zebes[/url], I don't care. If GOONS is disbanded or merges with another alliance before that date, you are fulfill the essay requirement and stop using anime characters on these forums forever. If on the other hand GOONS member is above 100 members, GOONS gets a ToF with the Haleenstar Republic that can only be canceled in the event of hostilities between Valhalla and GOONS. That means where you are concerned, I say something nice or I shut up and you extend the same courtesy to me. If on the other hand GOONS is sanctioned (200+ members, etc.) the ToF extends to all of Doom House (assuming there is a DH and/or GOONS is still a member, same Valhalla rule applies as well) and you will receive my personal congratulations.

If it's a bet, just say so. If not...your loss. You had an opportunity to silence one of your harshest critics and passed on it.
[/quote]
How about we just make it really simple. Your estimate was that because we're currently losing members, we'll only have 100 in July. If GOONs has 100 members or less on July 1st, I owe you 500 tech. If we have 101 members or more, you owe me 500 tech. If we've merged or disbanded by then, I owe you 1500 tech.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1304974424' post='2709192']
[/quote]
Yes indeed. But not without ditching the ability to ever be trusted again, their real friends and joining false friends. False friends are worse than real enemies.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304974660' post='2709195']
How about we just make it really simple. Your estimate was that because we're currently losing members, we'll only have 100 in July. If GOONs has 100 members or less on July 1st, I owe you 500 tech. If we have 101 members or more, you owe me 500 tech. If we've merged or disbanded by then, I owe you 1500 tech.[/quote]

I don't bet tech, sorry. But if you want to keep it simple, a note of congratulations to the winner in the appropriate part of the forums should suffice.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304974561' post='2709194']
Any alliance can, but some organizations have principles.
[/quote]
What are yours, since you've shown you have none due to your involvement with the WCE?

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304975016' post='2709201']
I don't bet tech, sorry. But if you want to keep it simple, a note of congratulations to the winner in the appropriate part of the forums should suffice.
[/quote]
I have no need for anyone's congratulations. I'm more fond of the phrase "put your money where your mouth is." I guess you aren't as confident in your propaganda as you wanted us to think.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL5.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304975164' post='2709203']
I have no need for anyone's congratulations. I'm more fond of the phrase "put your money where your mouth is." I guess you aren't as confident in your propaganda as you wanted us to think.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
I'd give him much more credit than you at least, and seriously, why not accept his offer?

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1304973432' post='2709186']
I'm not coming from a TOP point of view with this. It just seems ridiculous to me that nobody's talking about the obvious reason that NPO was attacked: because it's NPO. If all of their former allies were as bad they'd be in the same position NPO is in, but most have moved on since they didn't accumulate as many enemies.
[/quote]
Right, NPO was the scapegoat, even though the "crimes" that Pacifica did were more often than not the objectives of those same former allies who now throw stones at NPO. Many of those "allies" did considerably worse, and then were let off scot-free when they jumped ship at the end, since MK was more interested in building an empire than actually serving any sense of justice in the poorly-named Karma war.