The Overtime Accords

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1304927892' post='2708982']
Tactics. Some people being relatively inactive (OOC because of finals and what not).
[/quote]

Obviously [i]nobody[/i] in the NPO can have finals and exams too, right?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304936356' post='2709004']
You know, you declared war on GATO too.
[/quote]

No, we declared war on IAA and CSN who attacked the NPO triggering our MDP. You will also notice that we offered white peace to USN (who attacked us) when they wanted to surrender. When the NPO moved to torpedo that offer the STA exited the war with white peace between the STA, IAA, CSN and USN.

Your point?

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304939747' post='2709016']
Your point?
[/quote]
My point is that we are supposedly the NPO's greatest sycophants ever, and we didn't fight in the GATO war, nor in the FAN war.

You guys did.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304909574' post='2708866']
I'm happy to do MK's fighting for them, whether that's their intention or not.
[s][img]http:/meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L2.jpg[/img][/s]
[/quote]
How kind of you. Though bear in mind that you might be used as a decoy given the amount of MK's fighters and NS sitting in peace mode.

Edited by HHAYD

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304943908' post='2709026']
My point is that we are supposedly the NPO's greatest sycophants ever, and we didn't fight in the GATO war, nor in the FAN war.

You guys did.
[/quote]

STA didn't fight in the wars against FAN to my knowledge. So, that's two shots and two misses. What's next?

Edited by Tygaland

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1304944628' post='2709030']
STA didn't fight in the wars against FAN to my knowledge. So, that's two shots and two misses. What's next?
[/quote]

Is now a good time to mention something about your agenda?

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1304944078' post='2709027']
How kind of you. Though bear in mind that you might be used as a decoy given the amount of MK's fighters and NS sitting in peace mode.
[/quote]

Oh god, he's right. I will forever renounce my friendship with MK over this.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304943908' post='2709026']

You guys did.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Tyga and Haflinger dispel the "other side" myth.

[/quote]
I said you fought in the GATO war.

[quote name='Tygaland' date='28 April 2008 - 04:25 AM' post='565615']
Fight well Tigers and make IAA and CSN regret the day they aggressed against our allies in Pacifica!
[/quote]
You also had a go at claiming IAA and CSN were the aggressive parties in that war.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304953371' post='2709058']
Guys, guys, how can we threaten MK if you keep fighting over how evil you were while MK's allies were allied to NPO?
[/quote]

They should continue, It is amusing to watch them argue over who was the biggest lap dog.

[quote name='Joe Kremlin' timestamp='1304893455' post='2708723']
Because NPO had it coming and then some? The way they played when they were top dog pretty much ensured that when they weren't #1 they'd be in for a world of hurt.
[/quote]

True, but...

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1304903436' post='2708795']
It's not the way NPO "played," it's the way TOP, IRON, GOONS, GGA, Viridian Entente, Grämlins, GDA, TPF, TORN, FAN, Nordreich/Norden Verein, &c &c. played. [i]You[/i] are to blame. NPO did nothing without the lockstep, slobbering, sycophantic support of its allies like TOP. And that's fine in a removed sense of the word; after all, we're all politicians here. But NPO doesn't have anything "coming to it" that TOP doesn't, TOP just managed to flake out when they saw the axe falling.[/quote]

Also true.

NPO without all the powerful allies it once had isn't the "OMG!!!11!!!! NPO!!!!!11!!" the children in your nation feared back in the day. NPO's abilities to bring together alliances that would otherwise be shooting at each other is what made them great. There was recognition of this fact before the Karma War, which is why so many people spent so much time undermining the relationships that NPO had within the Continuum and elsewhere.

People on these forums have made a significant amount of noise about how NPO's current batch of allies are substandard at best or incompetant at worse. That makes "punishing NPO" all the more silly in 2011, with all absolute and due respect to Valhalla's friends. Attack NPO because they are a large alliance that are in the way of larger current political objectives and then when they no longer pose a problem, cast them aside as you would any other large alliance. They simply no longer warrant "special attention" given that they are no longer the monster under the bed.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' timestamp='1304953783' post='2709059']
They should continue, It is amusing to watch them argue over who was the biggest lap dog.
[/quote]
Well that's easy, [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=Goon%20Order%20of%20Oppression%20Negligence%20and%20Sadism"]these[/url] guys by far.

As far as NPO's, I would guess any one of [url="http://www.cybernations.net/stats_alliance_stats_custom.asp?Alliance=New%20Pacific%20Order"]these guys[/url]
<_<

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1304944078' post='2709027']
[/quote]
Doubtful, but even so, sounds good to me. I don't think GOONs could be put in a worse situation than being dogpiled by 12 alliances. Even if we were, we enjoy fighting. What were you expecting from us, "Oh no MK is making us fight" or something? We're happy to help out our allies because, shockingly, we have better relationships with our allies than you seem to think we do. Is it normal for you and your side to harbor animosity toward your allies, or be on the verge of canceling treaties if they do even one thing you don't like? Do you not enjoy fighting for your allies?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL11.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304954361' post='2709063']
I don't think GOONs
[/quote]
I swear to god if you keep spelling it "GOONs" I am going to cut you out of the loot.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304959892' post='2709090']
I swear to god if you keep spelling it "GOONs" I am going to cut you out of the loot.
[/quote]
You're doing yourself (and our whole alliance) a disservice by being so easy to irritate. Especially if you announce it on the public forums to let everyone know it genuinely bothers you and that's all they have to do to make you mad. Picking up on weak propaganda should be a way to take the wind out of someone's sails, not reinforce it by proving it works. You can get [i][b]me[/b][/i] to stop doing it, but all you're doing is telling the other side "Hey, if you do this it [i][b]really[/b][/i] pisses me off!"
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Azaghul' timestamp='1304733414' post='2707834']
Since I apparently need to state the obvious, here are the reasons why we would not have engaged in permanent war:
- The FAN war proves that it doesn't work. You can't destroy an alliance with permanent war that is determined to exist in this world.
- We don't support the idea. We may dislike some people and may want to wreck their nations in war, but we aren't out to destroy communities. This has been stated plenty of times.
- We've never tried to disband or held anyone in perpetual war. It's been years since anyone outside of GOD (who have been yelled at by almost everyone else for it) has tried to do that.
- The PR would be absolutely horrible. The "old hegemony" comparisons would be rampant and would be justified, as that's the most extreme thing people tended to hold against the old hegemony. We'd have almost no support in it. At best we'd do as bad as y'all did against FAN, at worse end up like the Gremlins.
- It's not in our best interest to have permanent war in our lower tiers. Especially for GOONS which is majority lower tier and for everyone who buys tech from them.
[/quote]

Funny, these are the reasons why I was against ending the war short of a white peace agreement. NPO and our allies let you off the hook.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1304959892' post='2709090']
[/quote]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304962310' post='2709103']
You're doing yourself (and our whole alliance) a disservice by being so easy to irritate. Especially if you announce it on the public forums to let everyone know it genuinely bothers you and that's all they have to do to make you mad. Picking up on weak propaganda should be a way to take the wind out of someone's sails, not reinforce it by proving it works. You can get [i][b]me[/b][/i] to stop doing it, but all you're doing is telling the other side "Hey, if you do this it [i][b]really[/b][/i] pisses me off!"
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL6.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Loving every minute of this, please continue. B-)

[quote name='Aurion' timestamp='1304963253' post='2709111']
I'm (obviously) not a Goon, but I'm guessing that was at least halfway joking.
[/quote]

Yeah, at least 75% of the way.