The Overtime Accords

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304975164' post='2709203']
I have no need for anyone's congratulations. I'm more fond of the phrase "put your money where your mouth is." I guess you aren't as confident in your propaganda as you wanted us to think.
[s][img]http:/meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL5.jpg[/img][/s]
[/quote]
If he was to bet, it would encourage you and other GOONs members who dislike him to accelerate recruitment. Give someone or a group a promise of reward, they'll often attempt to reach the reward.

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304975354' post='2709206']
I'd give him much more credit than you at least, and seriously, why not accept his offer?
[/quote]
He's free to congratulate GOONs on still existing in July. There's no doubt that that will be the case. He's also free to consider the bet accepted, but making a gentlemen's bet is a worthless gesture. If he actually believed what he said was true, he would've taken my bet and gotten a free 500 tech. Instead he's betting exceptionally worth-free things just so he can continue to spout the propaganda that we're going to be disappearing soon.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304975354' post='2709206']
I'd give him much more credit than you at least, and seriously, why not accept his offer?
[/quote]
What credit is that? I guess not everyone can quickly walk back from a bet like that.

Why not question ChairmanHal on why he won't accept Beefspari's offer?

Oh wait.. :(( GOONS :((

How silly of me to forget.

[quote name='HHAYD' timestamp='1304975603' post='2709210']
If he was to bet, it would encourage you and other GOONs members who dislike him to accelerate recruitment. Give someone or a group a promise of reward, they'll often attempt to reach the reward.
[/quote]
Do you honestly believe one person getting 500 tech is all it would take to revitalize a dying GOONs alliance? The assertion that we'd be down to 100 people in July suggests that we would've given up and left by then. He even commented that we might be at a point of merging or disbanding by then. Do you think a tech bet would actually turn that around?
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisR4.jpg[/img][/right]

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1304975118' post='2709202']
What are yours, since you've shown you have none due to your involvement with the WCE?
[/quote]
The supreme irony, is that we wound up being right, in terms of our motivations. Not that any of us had to be psychic to figure that out.

But hey, 40 Sardy blogs later, now you guys can just drop the term "WCE" and ignore the reasons that coalition formed in the first place. Who needs silly things like logic and reason, when you can ham-fist your way through everything like a true goon?

Can't wait till all this comes back to bite you in the ass, you don't even know the meaning of the word "karma."

It's too bad you'll just fold anti-climatically when it comes. One would hope for fireworks, but it's not to be expected.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304976071' post='2709214']
Can't wait till all this comes back to bite you in the ass, you don't even know the meaning of the word "karma."[/quote]
Yes, yes, we've definitely heard enough of "You'll get yours one day." Get some new material already. Heck, I poked fun at this [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=675&showentry=2969"]during the UOKMB war[/url], and that was back in September. Also, I like to consider WCE more of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L2.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1304975658' post='2709212']
What credit is that? I guess not everyone can quickly walk back from a bet like that.

Why not question ChairmanHal on why he won't accept Beefspari's offer?

Oh wait.. :(( GOONS :((

How silly of me to forget.
[/quote]
Beefspari seems to think I didn't notice that when we were fighting she kept on doing max deployments just before update and wasting more of umbrella's money in hopes I wouldn't be able to loot her, but that just ended up in fail too :P

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1304971054' post='2709165']
I'm predicting under 100 members by July
[/quote]
Do you try hard to be wrong about everything or does it come naturally?

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1304962758' post='2709105']
Wow you really can't shut up.
[/quote]
No, that's what makes them so much fun.

[quote name='Daimos' timestamp='1304962838' post='2709107']
Funny, these are the reasons why I was against ending the war short of a white peace agreement. NPO and our allies let you off the hook.
[/quote]
Yes, this was exactly my reasoning as well.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304976071' post='2709214']
The supreme irony, is that we wound up being right, in terms of our motivations. Not that any of us had to be psychic to figure that out.

But hey, 40 Sardy blogs later, now you guys can just drop the term "WCE" and ignore the reasons that coalition formed in the first place. Who needs silly things like logic and reason, when you can ham-fist your way through everything like a true goon?

Can't wait till all this comes back to bite you in the ass, you don't even know the meaning of the word "karma."

It's too bad you'll just fold anti-climatically when it comes. One would hope for fireworks, but it's not to be expected.
[/quote]
No, you weren't right in terms of your motivations. Peggy_Sue did indeed lie to you all in attempt to create a wholly fabricated CB. You, yourself, even admitted that.

If, in fact, Peggy_Sue was telling the truth about the situation, then indeed your motivations would have been far more sound. You might have actually gotten the war you and others had so desired, although I have always wondered what treaty web there was that would have grouped the WCE together other than the sole, singular desire to crush GOONS.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304976476' post='2709221']
Beefspari seems to think I didn't notice that when we were fighting she kept on doing max deployments just before update and wasting more of umbrella's money in hopes I wouldn't be able to loot her, but that just ended up in fail too :P
[/quote]
Uh, I never max deployed, I only GAed you a few times (and won nearly each time I actually did). You dropped at least 3m on me in failed GAs besides. Also way to dodge the question by trying to throw out unrelated insults. The question remains: if Hal is so confident that he's right why doesn't he want a free 500 tech? Why is it I need to take a lesser bet? I'm willing to put 500-1500 tech on the line for the bet, so why is it he can't commit to 500? Could it possibly be that he's talking out of his ass?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L3.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304976862' post='2709226']
Uh, I never max deployed, I only GAed you a few times (and won nearly each time I actually did). You dropped at least 3m on me in failed GAs besides. Also way to dodge the question by trying to throw out unrelated insults. The question remains: if Hal is so confident that he's right why doesn't he want a free 500 tech? Why is it I need to take a lesser bet?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L3.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
Um no, you didn't purchase soldiers all day until a minute before update and still failed in most of your attacks. Every time I checked your nation the same amount of defending soldiers you had was the same total amount of soldiers you had. And as Hal said, he doesn't wager tech. And having been in echelon, I can tell you having him off your back is truly a blessing. :P

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304977106' post='2709228']
Um no, you didn't purchase soldiers all day until a minute before update and still failed in most of your attacks. Every time I checked your nation the same amount of defending soldiers you had was the same total amount of soldiers you had. And as Hal said, he doesn't wager tech. And having been in echelon, I can tell you having him off your back is truly a blessing. :P
[/quote]
That doesn't answer the question though. Why does Beefspari have to take the lesser bet when she's put out a decent wager?

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304976410' post='2709218']
Yes, yes, we've definitely heard enough of "You'll get yours one day." Get some new material already. Heck, I poked fun at this [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=675&showentry=2969"]during the UOKMB war[/url], and that was back in September. Also, I like to consider WCE more of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
[/quote]
Yes, yes, back then you had a silly little group of people flapping their jaws, back when the worst thing GOONS had done was mostly just to have a mountain of newbies who didn't know that they're not allowed to raid alliances. Now it actually means something, because you've crossed a huge line with this war, and it's clear that you're only going downhill from here.

And it's a fact - You will fall sooner or later, nothing lasts forever, something I've acknowledged at the height of Pacifica's power... But a fact that nobody in power seems to want to recognize. It's the same pattern, you keep doing more and more terrible things, until one day, the people stand up and say they've had enough, and you find yourself alone.

It's said time and time again, nowadays, because GOONS are so obviously near-sighted, that you can't predict the consequences your actions might have next week, let alone 6 months down the line. And so you run wild doing all sorts of terrible things, not realizing you're setting yourself up for one giant failure, one that will wipe the stain of GOONS off this world for good due to the weak will of your member base. And I don't think anyone is going to give you a third chance. But I don't know, people are generally stupid, you could probably con someone for a third run.

At any rate, the point is that you're blissfully ignoring all the same signs that NPO ignored before their fall.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1304977290' post='2709229']
That doesn't answer the question though. Why does Beefspari have to take the lesser bet when she's put out a decent wager?
[/quote]

[quote]And as Hal said, he doesn't wager tech. And having been in echelon, I can tell you having him off your back is truly a blessing. [/quote]

[img]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/FrEshpRo012/No-Sex-Causes-Bad-Eyes.gif[/img]

I think that one is deserved. :awesome:

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304977106' post='2709228']
Um no, you didn't purchase soldiers all day until a minute before update and still failed in most of your attacks. Every time I checked your nation the same amount of defending soldiers you had was the same total amount of soldiers you had.[/quote]
If my total soldiers is all defending that obviously means I didn't deploy max, doesn't it? You're right that I waited until the last minute to rebuy soldiers, because that prevents you or anyone else from DAing me (which you never did, so it worked pretty well I think). I only ever GAed you with 70% or better odds, and I most certainly did not "fail in most of my attacks." Any I did fail was due to bad luck (and as I said, you lost at least 3m on me yourself). I passed up several days because it wasn't worth doing, but that's not the same thing. And if we're going to get into failures, you also lost almost every single one of your air raids, even [i][b]after[/b][/i] nuking. I even sent you a PM about it (but you didn't read it).
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1304976844' post='2709225']
No, you weren't right in terms of your motivations. Peggy_Sue did indeed lie to you all in attempt to create a wholly fabricated CB. You, yourself, even admitted that.

If, in fact, Peggy_Sue was telling the truth about the situation, then indeed your motivations would have been far more sound. You might have actually gotten the war you and others had so desired, although I have always wondered what treaty web there was that would have grouped the WCE together other than the sole, singular desire to crush GOONS.
[/quote]
You're confusing motivation for war with rationale for war. If you think we were all there rallying to defend some random face in UPN, you truly are one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken to.

We were there because we recognized the threat that GOONS were to become, and we were exploring options to nip that problem in the bud.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304977523' post='2709234']
If my total soldiers is all defending that obviously means I didn't deploy max, doesn't it? You're right that I waited until the last minute to rebuy soldiers, because that prevents you or anyone else from DAing me (which you never did, so it worked pretty well I think). I only ever GAed you with 70% or better odds, and I most certainly did not "fail in most of my attacks." Any I did fail was due to bad luck (and as I said, you lost at least 3m on me yourself). I passed up several days because it wasn't worth doing, but that's not the same thing. And if we're going to get into failures, you also lost almost every single one of your air raids, even [i][b]after[/b][/i] nuking. I even sent you a PM about it (but you didn't read it).
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL9.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
lol I missed on a few bombing runs yes, not nearly all of them. And I didn't bother reading anything you sent me because the first two messages you sent me were gibberish, so I filed the rest of what you sent in the same department.

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304977969' post='2709242']
lol I missed on a few bombing runs yes, not nearly all of them. And I didn't bother reading anything you sent me because the first two messages you sent me were gibberish, so I filed the rest of what you sent in the same department.
[/quote]
I also had fun waiting until after you rebought to 1000 to throw CMs and nukes, because you fell for it at least three times and had to keep rebuying multiples times in a day. But I think you get my point; changing the subject to start a round of he-said-she-said isn't going to accomplish anything. Neither one of us kept logs, so if you say I failed "most" GAs and I say you failed "most" air raids, then all we're doing is wasting space. Shame on you for even bringing it up.
[right][img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerishehR1.jpg[/img][/right]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304977629' post='2709237']
You're confusing motivation for war with rationale for war. If you think we were all there rallying to defend some random face in UPN, you truly are one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken to.

We were there because we recognized the threat that GOONS were to become, and we were exploring options to nip that problem in the bud.
[/quote]
So wait, since you're saying that the WCE formed for the express purpose of taking out GOONs because we were going to become a huge problem, and then it actually happened, are you saying we're the leading cause behind this war? Is that why everyone piled on us?
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriscryL1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304977342' post='2709230']
It's said time and time again, nowadays, because GOONS are so obviously near-sighted, that you can't predict the consequences your actions might have next week, let alone 6 months down the line.
[/quote]
No I'm pretty sure we know exactly what we're doing, thank you for your concern though.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304977629' post='2709237']

[/quote]
Kind of pathetic really, you never had the power to execute any plan to nip anything in the bud, least of all us.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1304977426' post='2709232']
[img]http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/FrEshpRo012/No-Sex-Causes-Bad-Eyes.gif[/img]

I think that one is deserved. :awesome:
[/quote]
And yet, you call us immature. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1304978267' post='2709246']
So wait, since you're saying that the WCE formed for the express purpose of taking out GOONs because we were going to become a huge problem, and then it actually happened, are you saying we're the leading cause behind this war? Is that why everyone piled on us?
[/quote]
As has been stated before, that was a mere coincidence as part of our strategy. We wanted to attack the lower tiers first and move our way up, and DH conveniently divides it's tiers neatly into three alliances, so we only had to declare on GOONS, let the rest of DH flow in on their own (obviously they weren't going to let their most trusted meat-shields hanging), and that way draw as few counters as possible. And for quite some time, it worked beautifully.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1304981695' post='2709293']
As has been stated before, that was a mere coincidence as part of our strategy. We wanted to attack the lower tiers first and move our way up, and DH conveniently divides it's tiers neatly into three alliances, so we only had to declare on GOONS, let the rest of DH flow in on their own (obviously they weren't going to let their most trusted meat-shields hanging), and that way draw as few counters as possible. And for quite some time, it worked beautifully.
[/quote]
If twelve alliances couldn't take us out during this war, what makes you think that you would have faired any better with the rag-tag group that made up the WCE?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1304952378' post='2709053']
I said you fought in the GATO war.
[/quote]

No, you said we declared war on GATO. You were wrong.

[quote]
You also had a go at claiming IAA and CSN were the aggressive parties in that war.
[/quote]

With regards to our treaty obligations with the NPO, IAA and CSN were the aggressors in attacking the NPO. Hence the "D" part of our MDP with the NPO was activated. If you'd looke dfurther into this you'd probably not run yourself into this cul-de-sac as it is on the public record how the STA handled this situation.