The Overtime Accords

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305307343' post='2711397']
Literally the worst Bubblegum joke ever, and there have been a lot of them. But I am honored that men still tell tales of the things I accomplished as the GOONS spy MoFA of a 40-nation micro in 2008.
[/quote]

If you consider yourself the plural of 'man', I suppose you're right.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1305309155' post='2711411']
MK has lost a little less than half its NS since January while Umbrella has actually gained. Aside from the 21-day top-tier war stint, which features Umbrella because Umbrella has the biggest top tier of any alliance in the conflict, Umbrellas actually done a lot less fighting than MK.
[/quote]
To be fair, a good part of the MK NS loss has been deletions and people leaving.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1305247455' post='2710995']
I read the CDT forums countless times during the BDC debacle prior to our decision to leave CDT. You're talking out of your ass again. Your accusation on Illuminati was nothing other than war slot filling. Besides, if you had had a better reason, you would have presented it in the DoW - which I linked too, feel free to read it over.
[/quote]
No, TheFeather sent messages to our nations fighting KoS trying to intimidate them into peacing out.

Then I spent about a month trying to get Terry Howard to order his gov into backing down. I still have the logs. It was ... pretty horrible.

I met Voodoo Nova when I was doing that. Hey Voodoo, remember this crap?

As for why it wasn't in the DoW: We didn't write the DoW. It was written by NATO, and they didn't do a particularly good job of getting input from CDT on it. It was sort of a weird coincidence as to the reason why CDT had gotten involved in the first place: Superfriends had already voted to go to war, and NATO wanted to support Ragnarok (then a CDT member as well as a Superfriend). NATO was MADPed to NPO, and so they'd been the ones to take the evidence of Illuminati plotting against NPO to NPO.

Of course when NATO said "does anyone want to hit Illuminati?" we were a very strong LET'S DO IT TONIGHT, and much of CDT was persuaded when Dawny described recent events between us and the delightful Mr. Howard. We'd been trying to get enough evidence of rogue support into Voodoo's hands so that NPO would drop Illuminati. I'm sure that if we'd gotten there first Superfriends would have been just as keen on blowing the crap out of them as we were.

All this stuff I'm talking about came out in the CDT forums and in #cdt_private... And no, TFD delegates were never known for being particularly active in either of those two locations.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1305247455' post='2710995']
The real interest behind the Illuminati war was explicit in CDT forums, was admitted in the OWF and it would have been obvious to D34th if he cared about it. The real interest behind the Illuminati war was CDT affirming itself as a bloc, the real interest of Illuminati war was SuperFriends confirming their alignment with NPO (RoK, FARK and RIA MDoAPs came up 1 month or so later). A smaller and parallel interest was to expose Sons of Muspel to the Continuum as part of the white supremacist witch hunt.
[/quote]
NATO hated Illuminati for reasons of their own. Invicta hated Illuminati because of the KoS incident. Superfriends had hated Illuminati for ... a long time. I don't think anyone else in CDT cared about them, but some CDT alliances came along because they wanted to support Dawny and NATO.

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1305319223' post='2711482']
To be fair, a good part of the MK NS loss has been deletions and people leaving.
[/quote]
I'm fairly sure NPO and its allies also lost some NS due to deletions and people leaving.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1305309412' post='2711414']
If you consider yourself the plural of 'man', I suppose you're right.
[/quote]
No, I consider Beefspari the plural of "man."
[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1287537116' post='2488169']
Glad we got that settled before we had to bring up things like the Bubblegum War.
[/quote][quote name='Mark Reynolds' timestamp='1281359971' post='2407368']
If we ever face such a scenario, one thing we would not do is to arrange a fake war so that we can quickly surrender to our fake enemies and be placed under their protection in order to avoid a genuine beatdown. I am fully aware that you are one of the individuals who organised the fake Bubblegum War and I promise you that we would never consider conducting ourselves in such an underhanded manner even in the most desperate of circuimstances. We are better than that.
[/quote][quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1281503132' post='2410817']
We could call the last war The Second Bubblegum War. zzzptm, what do you think? :D
[/quote][quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' timestamp='1285495365' post='2465049']
Are you that disgusting little man responsible for the bubblegum war? If so please, don't come to us because we have no intention of coming to you.

Vermin.
[/quote][quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1289110665' post='2504776']
which is quite close to what we have in CN. Very few are named in a goofy manner and most are micro-wars such as the Bubblegum war and what not. Most are called things like the Great War I-III (variations on these do exist but usually is only a single alliance or a handful that use them,) GW IV/UjW (in which UjW stands for Unjust War in which the Unjust Path was one side), NoCB/WoTC/SPW, Polar I/II, and so on.
[/quote][quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1301277250' post='2678687']
Or, if that was a jab at Viridia's past from years ago, go fake another war to get out of fighting.
[/quote][quote name='potato' timestamp='1305306593' post='2711390']
I'll go and see if Zzzptm is available so we can arrange something.
[/quote]
There's at least one from Tromp but I couldn't find it (I think maybe it's a blog comment).

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1305234051' post='2710832']
Oh?

http://www.cybernations.net/nation_drill_display.asp?Nation_ID=164462

Acton is a peaceful nation. War is not an option since 1/17/2011.
[/quote]
>Technology: 307.47
>Infrastructure: 14,999.99

I don't know, you can hardly help but feel sorry for the guy.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1305408949' post='2711855']
>Technology: 307.47
>Infrastructure: 14,999.99

I don't know, you can hardly help but feel sorry for the guy.
[/quote]

Might be similar to my situation. My schedule doesn't really allow me to put much time into doing much of anything these days, and had I not deleted my original nation, I would probably just be pumping free/extremely cheap tech to the rest of my alliance like I was doing pre-war. Some of us just don't have the time to play the numbers game anymore, but still enjoy reading and writing when we can.

Edited by mrcalkin

[quote name='mrcalkin' timestamp='1305412197' post='2711874']
Might be similar to my situation. My schedule doesn't really allow me to put much time into doing much of anything these days, and had I not deleted my original nation, I would probably just be pumping free/extremely cheap tech to the rest of my alliance like I was doing pre-war. Some of us just don't have the time to play the numbers game anymore, but still enjoy reading and writing when we can.
[/quote]
Would make sense if he wasn't in hippie.

I have a guy like that, Magicman, who doesn't really give a damn about his nation, and just pumps the goods to the rest of us. But he actually fights in wars as well.

So clearly the MK guy does care.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Starfox101' timestamp='1305414889' post='2711892']
NPO loses again.

What happens next.
[/quote]
THEY ARE STILL A THREAT PEW PEW PEW PEW WE HAVE DEFEATED THE PACIFICAN MENACE AND ITS 3 ALLIES
THEY ARE STILL A THREAT PEW PEW PEW PEW WE HAVE DEFEATED THE PACIFICAN MENCAE AND ITS ALLY WE ARE TRUE WARRIORS
THEY ARE STILL A THREAT CAN'T SLEEP PACIFICA WILL ROLL ME PEW PEW PEW PEW WE HAVE DEFEATED THE PACIFICAN MENACE 4 YEARS AFTER THEY WERE IN THEIR PRIME WE ARE MASTERS OF BATTLE

It's all kind of boring for a guy like you that fought Pacifica when Pacifica was scary.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305345406' post='2711617']
No, I consider Beefspari the plural of "man."[/quote]
That's some pretty deep-seeded anger to hang onto and use a post I made in October from another thread just to find one related to the topic. I formally apologize that I wounded you so. In the future I'll try and take your feelings into consideration. I never meant to cut you that deeply. Let's be friends.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriscryL1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1305436615' post='2712018']
That's some pretty deep-seeded anger to hang onto and use a post I made in October from another thread just to find one related to the topic. I formally apologize that I wounded you so. In the future I'll try and take your feelings into consideration. I never meant to cut you that deeply. Let's be friends.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeriscryL1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
At least he bases his posts off of something. Hell, half of the stupid-ass people here post !@#$ that's completely made up. It's a step up in quality from the usual "NO U" posting we see here and (whether you support what he says or not) it should be admired that he'd go to that length just to make his point. I mean, don't we always complain about how little activity there is here?

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1305436911' post='2712019']
At least he bases his posts off of something. Hell, half of the stupid-ass people here post !@#$ that's completely made up. It's a step up in quality from the usual "NO U" posting we see here and (whether you support what he says or not) it should be admired that he'd go to that length just to make his point. I mean, don't we always complain about how little activity there is here?
[/quote]
If you consider hanging onto barely-relevant quotes from 8 months ago admirable, you have some low standards. Anyway, that wasn't a "NO U" post; it was clearly a "U MAD" post.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1305437220' post='2712020']
If you consider hanging onto barely-relevant quotes from 8 months ago admirable, you have some low standards. Anyway, that wasn't a "NO U" post; it was clearly a "U MAD" post.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris9_9L1.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Well, I consider it a step up from your typical HoT/Alterego/Kalasin/Methrage !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305437399' post='2712021']
Yeaaaah, I was clearly mad that nippy said I'm the only person that talks about Bubblegum 3 posts after Potato brought up Bubblegum. So, so mad.
[/quote]

[img]http://www.royalexpressionsdesign.com/sitebuilder/images/Insanity_is_hereditary-335x293.jpg[/img]

Didn't you know that by now Schattenmann?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1305445219' post='2712041']
[img]http://www.royalexpressionsdesign.com/sitebuilder/images/Insanity_is_hereditary-335x293.jpg[/img]

Didn't you know that by now Schattenmann?
[/quote]
And WilliamBonney delivers again...
At least make sense.

Edited by Lord Velox

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305437399' post='2712021']
Yeaaaah, I was clearly mad that nippy said I'm the only person that talks about Bubblegum 3 posts after Potato brought up Bubblegum. So, so mad.
[/quote]

I like how someone taking a jab at you for your previous episodes of retardation equates to 'telling tales of your accomplishments'. :v: So, once again, unless you're more than one person, you're the only one taking a dump in your hand and calling it a diamond.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1305433891' post='2712009']
THEY ARE STILL A THREAT PEW PEW PEW PEW WE HAVE DEFEATED THE PACIFICAN MENACE AND ITS 3 ALLIES
THEY ARE STILL A THREAT PEW PEW PEW PEW WE HAVE DEFEATED THE PACIFICAN MENCAE AND ITS ALLY WE ARE TRUE WARRIORS
THEY ARE STILL A THREAT CAN'T SLEEP PACIFICA WILL ROLL ME PEW PEW PEW PEW WE HAVE DEFEATED THE PACIFICAN MENACE [b]4 YEARS AFTER THEY WERE IN THEIR PRIME[/b] WE ARE MASTERS OF BATTLE

It's all kind of boring for a guy like you that fought Pacifica when Pacifica was scary.
[/quote]

First, I love your vague reference to a TE alliance that went by PewPewPew for a few weeks and is now... *cough* DF *cough*. I do have a question; are you saying NPO is no longer in its prime?

I would not go that far, NPO is still a very strong alliance and very capable of delivering the pain.

[quote name='BDRocks' timestamp='1305319223' post='2711482']
[/quote]

Shrooms deleting, leaving the game, moving to other alliance during a NPO curbstomp? I thought this war was supposed to provide you much fun? If this does not do it for yah, than I do not now what does. Seems you got internal issues.

[quote name='ImperialCubanacan' timestamp='1305540299' post='2712772']
First, I love your vague reference to a TE alliance that went by PewPewPew for a few weeks and is now... *cough* DF *cough*. I do have a question; are you saying NPO is no longer in its prime?

I would not go that far, NPO is still a very strong alliance and very capable of delivering the pain.
[/quote]

I do not believe we are in our prime anymore. DH and Co. have been very effective in diplomatically isolating us. Christ, after Karma we were absolutely barred from the diplomatic community for a year, then from then on we tried to form diplomatic ties that were constantly criticized and picked apart (NPO hasn't changed! See See! ect.).

Planet Bob has been going for about 5 years. Our prime was the months leading up to Karma. As DH and Co. have stated that alliance size is now a valid CB, I have doubts of obtaining anything close to our prime / peak while they rule the current hegemony. Not to mention the fact that we have not waged a single aggressive war for about half the lifespan of the planet.

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1305557262' post='2712837']
I do not believe we are in our prime anymore. DH and Co. have been very effective in diplomatically isolating us. Christ, after Karma we were absolutely barred from the diplomatic community for a year,[b] then from then on we tried to form diplomatic ties that were constantly criticized and picked apart[/b] (NPO hasn't changed! See See! ect.).

Planet Bob has been going for about 5 years. Our prime was the months leading up to Karma. As DH and Co. have stated that alliance size is now a valid CB, I have doubts of obtaining anything close to our prime / peak while they rule the current hegemony. Not to mention the fact that we have not waged a single aggressive war for about half the lifespan of the planet.
[/quote]

I'm genuinely interested in what ties you tried to create when you were able to do so? Did you move away from any old ties? Or did you try to get some new fresh blood in your circle of influence? (Serious question with no ill intent) ;)