Thriller

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1303233229' post='2693683']
Not ignoring anything i just want to know what the guy (you) with the crystal ball thinks... Tell me the future all mighty one or take a pill and stop talking crap.
[/quote]
You're going to hit ZI.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1303233446' post='2693684']
You're going to hit ZI.
[/quote]

haha i did wonder how long it would take before the GOON squad came to reply to me, you didnt disappoint... Although you should get your crystal ball fixed i wont hit ZI for many more months, i have a warchest if you know what one of them is? Get one of your allies to draw you a picture.

[quote name='bzelger' timestamp='1303227927' post='2693600']
You just orchestrated a war to "teach those darn moralists a lesson." Maybe the lesson took.
[/quote]

Teach what moralists what lesson?

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1303228625' post='2693613']
You can't condemn this attack while your alliance is supporting a much worse attack done by DH against NPO, if you are fine with one you should be fine with the other and vice-versa, you need to be coherent with your opinions or, at least, you need to stop pointing the lack of consistence of others when yourself isn't a consistent person.
[/quote]

I'm fairly sure I responded the same way when KofN! got raided as I am now.

This bears no resemblance to the NPO situation. NPO is an alliance that had allies involved in a war and was sitting back and waiting for their right moment to enter. If it didn't come in this war, they would have watched as their enemies weakened themselves to the point where it would be the right time to enter.

I am firmly of the belief that alliances should be able to exist outside of the political spectrum and web if they so please. I believed that KofN! should have been able to exist in peace, that FoA should have been able to exist in peace, and that AcTi deserves that as well.

Obviously Batallion does dumb things and is not anything close to a good alliance leader, but does that make it suddenly alright to attack his alliance? What threat did he pose to Thriller/TIO?

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303229665' post='2693627']
Wow, when I looked at the alliance display, it looked like Skippy was but one of 17 people on the AA. Was I hallucinating when I saw that Londo (formerly of Athens), Pansy (formerly of Olympus), Mogar, WickedJ (formerly of CSN and Fark, among others), Stelios (formerly of FAR), and 11 others were on the AA as well. Because to me, it looked like a hell of a lot more than one alliance's alumni were represented there. But what would I know? I was just going off what the alliance display information ingame told me about the members of Thriller. I didn't have access to your great intellect, which, I suspect, is derived in no small part from what you pull out of your ass. You see, I try to base what I say on evidence and not on what comes out of my rear end.

Now TIO and Olympus aren't a part of your little PB-DH-CnG-SF clique but CSN, Fark, and Athens definitely are. Plus, many of the denizens in Thriller were also involved in the Carlos Accords, that lovely little attack on a leader of VE that also received rave reviews from parts of the PB-DH-CnG-SF clique.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.
[/quote]

So far Olympus, Athens, CSN, Fark, and FAR have not stated that they would protect this venture.

[quote name='green muffins' timestamp='1303232417' post='2693668']
that is why he is going back on his word.
[/quote]
You can stop caring about everything in the world, but going back on your word in this way is still despicable. Throwing your friends' trust and respect to the wind is still vile.

I don't really care much about you guys roguing on AcTi -- I mean, how much room do I have to talk? -- but screwing Athens over in the process is absolutely disgusting. Shall we call you TSO now?

Personally, I don't get all the fuss one way or the other in this thread and the other thread. A basic understanding of Bob tells us that for all the whining for or against it, no group or alliance is likely to decide to walk up and actually take a swing at Thriller or TIO over this matter. Everyone would be much better suited to either sit back and watch the show or dramatically rethink their normal ratio of whining and doing. Since the latter requires thinking, I suspect it shall not happen in any noteworthy quantity.

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1303233612' post='2693688']
haha i did wonder how long it would take before the GOON squad came to reply to me, you didnt disappoint... Although you should get your crystal ball fixed i wont hit ZI for many more months, i have a warchest if you know what one of them is? Get one of your allies to draw you a picture.
[/quote]
I'd hate to derail the thread but you are right,NPO members have great warchests.
Like the one funding my wars.

Ontopic i didn't think Athens was in such bad shape.

Edited by Lord Velox

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1303237020' post='2693743']
I'd hate to derail the thread but you are right,NPO members have great warchests.
Like the one funding my wars.

Ontopic i didn't think Athens was in such bad shape.
[/quote]

Cool story.

I think Athens goverment has become in bad shape in a sector because of this, a quick look on the wiki shows the military command doesnt exist no more because they gone rogue.

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1303217821' post='2693534']
you keep saying that we scouted AA's that filled those descriptions, truth be told we scouted AcTi and found out they just so happened to be all of those things, we cant help it if the people we dislike are also disliked by others, are you saying we should only hate on the popular kids well liked kids?
[/quote]
I'm sorry, where did I say that you scouted a lot of AAs? I'm merely saying that you are being asshats by picking on someone who you knew was extremely weak and unpopular. And you're doing it for no reason besides the fact that Battalion and Teddyyo are annoying (point conceded). But hey, if fighting against nations with no warchests and (judging by their alliance) no knowledge of how to fight is fun to you, have at it. :rolleyes:

-Bama

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1303229933' post='2693629']
This attack and the PB/DH war are nothing like the same. This is a rag-tag group of nations thrown together to attack a random alliance, or at least that is what they have revealed of their plan so far. DH/PB had expressed reason and cause. You keep championing your opinion though, Lord knows no one can stop your incessant rambling anyway.
[/quote]

For me they are based on the same premisse: Both alliances were attacked without provocation with the mainly reason that they were disliked based on their past mistakes, and in both situations the attacked part is much more weaker politically speaking and were isolated. The only difference is that DH used the poor excuse that NPO was a threat. Also, If no one can stop my incessant rambling why do you reply my post? Oh right, [i]ad hominem[/i], but it doesn't help your argument at all.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303234358' post='2693700']
Teach what moralists what lesson?

I'm fairly sure I responded the same way when KofN! got raided as I am now.

This bears no resemblance to the NPO situation. NPO is an alliance that had allies involved in a war and was sitting back and waiting for their right moment to enter...
[/quote]

Please enlighten me: What allies NPO had involved in the war when they were attacked?

Edited by D34th

[quote name='LegendoftheSkies' timestamp='1303240267' post='2693795']
Why didn't you guys decide to do this when I was looking for an alliance to join a month or so ago?

:sadface:

Good luck though.
[/quote]
We did it now just to spite you :wub:

To address some quick points, Prior to declaring we all agreed on the length of this war. Battalion is welcome to drop by #thriller and discuss it

Carlos Accords has nothing to do with Impero :)

And finally its 900k 17 nations v 1.6m(?) and 45 or so members. Had Batt not run to peace mode he could be out defending his alliance

[quote name='Demag' timestamp='1303243401' post='2693837']
The lack of testicular fortitude of AcTi and TIO is disappointing, particularly TIO considering they have to rely on someone else to carry out [i]their*[/i] grudge.
[/quote]
We have a grudge? :huh: News to me.

[size="1"]Yeah I went there. Grammar Nazi ftw. [/size]

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1303245354' post='2693871']
We have a grudge? :huh: News to me.

[size="1"]Yeah I went there. Grammar Nazi ftw. [/size]
[/quote]
You have a legitimate reason to condone Thriller's actions? News to me.

[size="1"]Sorreh KR, but I had to go there :3[/size]

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1303245675' post='2693878']
You have a legitimate reason to condone Thriller's actions? News to me.

[size="1"]Sorreh KR, but I had to go there :3[/size]
[/quote]
Since when does having a grudge and a legitimate reason go hand in hand? Oh wait, we're living in the New Hypo-gemonic Age. That's standard practice these days isn't it... Sorry, we'll try harder next time. <_<

[quote name='Dave93' timestamp='1303185965' post='2693178']
TIO will be protecting the Thriller AA from Tech Raiders until further notice.

signed,
Dave93 - Imperial High Commander
[/quote]
I tried to find a clarification to this answered somewhere, but failed. Does TIO plan to defend Thriller if they are attacked in defense (by which I mean defense with [i]or[/i] without a publicly recorded treaty) of AcTi?

[quote name='Penguin' timestamp='1303246764' post='2693892']
I tried to find a clarification to this answered somewhere, but failed. Does TIO plan to defend Thriller if they are attacked in defense (by which I mean defense with [i]or[/i] without a publicly recorded treaty) of AcTi?
[/quote]
No. Please re-read what Dave said or come chat with one of the fine people of Thriller