Thriller

As far as an unconnected alliance like AcTi is concerned, Thriller is the stronger alliance. They already have a well-connected protector who would keep anything but alliances willing to throw down the gauntlet from involvement.

No matter how you spin it, this is Londo reliving his KofN! days but this time doing it with the support of many of the people who condemned Athens before.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303226727' post='2693588']
As far as an unconnected alliance like AcTi is concerned, Thriller is the stronger alliance. They already have a well-connected protector who would keep anything but alliances willing to throw down the gauntlet from involvement.

No matter how you spin it, this is Londo reliving his KofN! days but this time doing it with the support of many of the people who condemned Athens before.
[/quote]
Yeah, no, you're wrong. If AcTi can't deal with a smaller alliance attacking them on their lonesome, in even a one-on-one fight, it is because they're a terrible alliance. Thriller is what, a third of their size? Those are 3-1 odds, if AcTi was at all a decent alliance they should have this in the bag.

TIO is only protecting them from raiders, if an alliance wants to step up to the plate and defend AcTi, TIO won't interfere. Thriller is, essentially, just as isolated as AcTi.

[/quote]
You just orchestrated a war to "teach those darn moralists a lesson." Maybe the lesson took.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1303221186' post='2693551']
I notice how the world became a wonderful place when people prefer to attack defenseless alliances to have fun than risk their infra doing something useful.

:facepalm:

Protect a Rogue alliance against Tech Raiders is priceless...
[/quote]
Well, it's just for "fun". Nothing wrong with that... :facepalm: At least VE had an actual CB for GDI. This is the exact same situation: a stupid leader who leads a semi-medium sized alliance. Now you have to punish the whole alliance for no good reason for the actions of the two leaders. Funny thing is, a lot who were against KoN! are now supporting and involved in this new mass raid led by the same guy. I await the "you're a Moralist!" reply. Good luck Athens

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

Lovely, another group of rogues who, because they're friends with the people in power, get to carry out asshattery that, if it was done by anyone else, would result in them being ZI listed. Ah, the sweet smell of hypocrisy. Now all we have to do is watch until they get tired of being the "cool kids" and go back to their everyday lives (and alliances) like nothing happened.

You can try to dress what you're doing in flowery language but really, you're just bullying an alliance (ActI) and a leader (Batallion) that happens to be in a worse position politically than you. You and I both know that if ActI and Batallion did the same crap to you, you'd hound them until they deleted out of frustration.

Having might doesn't make one right but apparently it does make one hypocritical.

I do have to at least give you credit for actually moving AA this time and giving this round of asshattery a tiny morsel of credibility that your group's previous offense, the Carlos Accords, lacked.

Edited by Duncan King

[/quote]

You can't condemn this attack while your alliance is supporting a much worse attack done by DH against NPO, if you are fine with one you should be fine with the other and vice-versa, you need to be coherent with your opinions or, at least, you need to stop pointing the lack of consistence of others when yourself isn't a consistent person.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303228466' post='2693608']
Lovely, another group of rogues who, because they're friends with the people in power, get to carry out asshattery that, if it was done by anyone else, would result in them being ZI listed. Ah, the sweet smell of hypocrisy. Now all we have to do is watch until they get tired of being the "cool kids" and go back to their everyday lives (and alliances) like nothing happened.
[/quote]

TIO isn't exactly "friends with the people in power" but feel free to continue your uneducated rambling.

Edited by potato

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1303227787' post='2693598']
TIO is only protecting them from raiders, if an alliance wants to step up to the plate and defend AcTi, TIO won't interfere. Thriller is, essentially, just as isolated as AcTi.
[/quote]

This is indeed our stance. If anyone read our post, they'd already know this and most of these pointless posts wouldn't have been necessary.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1303228740' post='2693616']
TIO isn't exactly "friends with the people in power" but feel free to continue your uneducated rambling.
[/quote]
Wow, when I looked at the alliance display, it looked like Skippy was but one of 17 people on the AA. Was I hallucinating when I saw that Londo (formerly of Athens), Pansy (formerly of Olympus), Mogar, WickedJ (formerly of CSN and Fark, among others), Stelios (formerly of FAR), and 11 others were on the AA as well. Because to me, it looked like a hell of a lot more than one alliance's alumni were represented there. But what would I know? I was just going off what the alliance display information ingame told me about the members of Thriller. I didn't have access to your great intellect, which, I suspect, is derived in no small part from what you pull out of your ass. You see, I try to base what I say on evidence and not on what comes out of my rear end.

Now TIO and Olympus aren't a part of your little PB-DH-CnG-SF clique but CSN, Fark, and Athens definitely are. Plus, many of the denizens in Thriller were also involved in the Carlos Accords, that lovely little attack on a leader of VE that also received rave reviews from parts of the PB-DH-CnG-SF clique.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1303228625' post='2693613']
You can't condemn this attack while your alliance is supporting a much worse attack done by DH against NPO, if you are fine with one you should be fine with the other and vice-versa, you need to be coherent with your opinions or, at least, you need to stop pointing the lack of consistence of others when yourself isn't a consistent person.
[/quote]
This attack and the PB/DH war are nothing like the same. This is a rag-tag group of nations thrown together to attack a random alliance, or at least that is what they have revealed of their plan so far. DH/PB had expressed reason and cause. You keep championing your opinion though, Lord knows no one can stop your incessant rambling anyway.

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1303229665' post='2693627']
Wow, when I looked at the alliance display, it looked that Skippy was but one of 17 people on the AA. Was I hallucinating when I saw that Londo (formerly of Athens), Pansy (formerly of Olympus), Mogar, WickedJ (formerly of CSN and Fark, among others), Stelios (formerly of FAR), and 11 others were on the AA as well. Because to me, it looked like a hell of a lot more than one alliance's alumni were represented there. But what would I know? I was just going off what the alliance display information ingame told me about the members of Thriller. I didn't have access to your great intellect, which, I suspect, is derived in no small part from what you pull out of your ass. You see, I try to base what I say on evidence and not on what comes out of my rear end.

Now TIO and Olympus aren't a part of your little PB-DH-CnG-SF clique but CSN, Fark, and Athens definitely are. Plus, many of the denizens in Thriller were also involved in the Carlos Accords, that lovely little attack on a leader of VE that also received rave reviews from parts of the PB-DH-CnG-SF clique.

You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig.
[/quote]

I assumed you were going on about TIO, Thriller's protector. My bad.

As for their [b]former[/b] (I don't know how much I need to stress that word) AA, does it really matter? Going by that line of yours, shouldn't MK be more closely aligned to NPO with all the former Pacificans running in our Castle?
Now that we can drop that ridiculous logic, sweet DK, maybe you can try using that little "evidence" of yours and notice we sign treaties with... *gasp*... alliances, not individuals. Once an individual leaves an alliance, guess what happens? We don't give a !@#$. And that happens to be, I believe, MK's official stance on this whole thing. Ardus, Archon or lebubu can overrule me but, as is, other than a "meh", that's all you'll get from us.

PS: you seriously have no clue what you're talking about if you think your examples are among our favourites. What is it you said about talking out of your ass?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1303230308' post='2693632']

PS: you seriously have no clue what you're talking about if you think your examples are among our favourites. What is it you said about talking out of your ass?
[/quote]

I assume he is thinking that once this is over, thriller would disband and most of those involved will be welcome back to their previous alliances with open arms, hence "supported"

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1303230753' post='2693638']
I assume he is thinking that once this is over, thriller would disband and most of those involved will be welcome back to their previous alliances with open arms, hence "supported"
[/quote]

You know what they say about assuming?

I don't know what the future holds but, judging by grumpy ol' Rush's very posts, I doubt the former Athens members, at least, would be welcomed back with open arms. If that all you guys have to throw at us...

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1303230308' post='2693632']

As for their [b]former[/b] (I don't know how much I need to stress that word) AA, does it really matter? Going by that line of yours, shouldn't MK be more closely aligned to NPO with all the former Pacificans running in our Castle?
Now that we can drop that ridiculous logic, sweet DK, maybe you can try using that little "evidence" of yours and notice we sign treaties with... *gasp*... alliances, not individuals. Once an individual leaves an alliance, guess what happens? We don't give a !@#$. And that happens to be, I believe, MK's official stance on this whole thing. Ardus, Archon or lebubu can overrule me but, as is, other than a "meh", that's all you'll get from us.

[/quote]
If MK truly doesn't feel obligated to help leaders of allies after they leave those alliances, then hats off to you. TFD would (or in this case wouldn't) do the same. We don't support rogues no matter who they are. However, even you have to admit that there are people and alliances in positions of power who would continue to protect or support a certain individual after s/he left an alliance to which they were allied or friendly with or who would not hesitate to throw his/her alliance's might behind protecting a person even though that person is not allied to his/her alliance and is doing something that if it was done by a member of his/her alliance would probably result in expulsion. It's how RV got away with his constant roguing before Karma war. He was friends with many people in the NPO and in other alliances in power and as a result was basically made of teflon. He got away with things that most other players would find themselves PZIed for. I suspect that that is what is going to happen in this case. The members of Thriller have friends in high places and are likely going to get off scott free for conduct that would see them destroyed if not for those friendships.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1303231669' post='2693656']
Yes, I can.
[/quote]

Cool so since all the small alliances that was attacking GOONS during the "roguefest" were classed as rogues by GOONS allies pretty much, hell even MK got involved, then i take it you also say Thriller are rogues?

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1303194143' post='2693378']
Its pretty funny to watch so many people being excited over this, while missing a much bigger picture.

Athens patiently waited to serve up revenge on a member who bailed on us while we were at war. Tonight, our MoD does essentuially the same thing, it is met with thunderous applause.

Quite frankly, it disgusts me that this has happened, in this manner.

I would further say, that earlier this evening, I gave Londo the ok to do this thing if he was so inclined. What I did not do, however was release other Athens nations to leave the alliance while we are at war. The most sickening part of all, is that these words... written by Londo himself...

Basic Membership Responsibilities
Members of Athens must recognize that membership is a privilege, not a right. All members are expected to conduct themselves with dignity when communicating with any members of another alliance. All members are expected to be loyal, especially during times of war. Nations surrendering without military approval or deserting during times of war are guilty of treason and may be subject to further action. Members who wish to leave during peace time and remain in good standing with Athens will be required to inform the alliance of their decision prior to leaving. Members are expected to stay active in game and to comply with lawful alliance orders.

... seem to mean nothing to the person who wrote them. No... we will not take any action against the deserting nations. But make no mistake about it.. they ARE deserters, and in my opinion, no better, zero, than Panfilo was. It sickens me to have to feel this way, but I do.
[/quote]

Londo doesn't care about the game or "the new athens" anymore, that is why he is going back on his word. I can't believe you are not able to realize this. It's a game, It's time for fun, and It's time for disrespect.

Yeah so they have friends in high places? Since when is it taboo to use your resources? Are we going to turn Bob into a psuedo-communist state where everyone sits nicely and plays nicely and no one has the upper hand over anyone? How boring would that be?

What exactly are you Hegemonists whining about? You say it's morally wrong to do something like this, but then you've done it how many times over? Get over yourselves. Goddam hypocrites. :rolleyes:

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1303231948' post='2693660']
Cool so since all the small alliances that was attacking GOONS during the "roguefest" were classed as rogues by GOONS allies pretty much, hell even MK got involved, then i take it you also say Thriller are rogues?
[/quote]

I already stated my opinion on this. And already answered your previous question too. If you're going to ignore what I said and cherry pick a few lines here and there, you're not worth my time.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1303232857' post='2693677']
I already stated my opinion on this. And already answered your previous question too. If you're going to ignore what I said and cherry pick a few lines here and there, you're not worth my time.
[/quote]

Not ignoring anything i just want to know what the guy (you) with the crystal ball thinks... Tell me the future all mighty one or take a pill and stop talking crap.