Thriller

[quote name='Cao Pai' timestamp='1303257966' post='2694030']
How are they defenseless? They have more nations, more nation strength and more nukes than Thriller. TIO has in no way aided their attempts in fighting their war with AcTi. We are simply protecting them from any tech raiders. If any alliance wants to declare war on Thriller for a reason other than to tech raid them, so be it. I have never seen a time where defending people from a tech raid was a bad thing. Get off your high horse.
[/quote]

As it has already been pointed out numerous times, I don't think I need to re-explain for the 20th time that this so called "numbers advantage" that AcTi has doesn't actually exist.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303258042' post='2694031']
Not really, no. See, TIO will protect Thriller from tech raiders.

Now if someone wants to "do something" about the Thriller/Acti war, TIO has explicitly stated they will not protect Thriller.

So by all means, attack Thriller if you feel you must for this, TIO will not get involved as explicitly, clearly, and succinctly stated by Kahlan Rahl.
[/quote]

Given I'm not the leader of an alliance and can't do anything from an official NpO standpoint, anything I did would fall under "tech raiding." Same goes for any other individuals who were opposed to this. To say they aren't protecting, and by extension endorsing, this move by Thriller is to ignore logic.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1303258491' post='2694049']
Such gratitude for someone who got you off GGA's PZI list. :unsure:

Given your history, I find this position ironic, to say the least.
[/quote]

My history of being opposed to wars without reason?

I'm not sure where that would create any irony here.

Oh, and don't forget my dislike and repeated speaking out against hypocrisy. That shouldn't create any irony, though, either.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1303238991' post='2693779']
I'm sorry, where did I say that you scouted a lot of AAs? I'm merely saying that you are being asshats by picking on someone who you knew was extremely weak and unpopular. And you're doing it for no reason besides the fact that Battalion and Teddyyo are annoying (point conceded). But hey, if fighting against nations with no warchests and (judging by their alliance) no knowledge of how to fight is fun to you, have at it. :rolleyes:

-Bama
[/quote]
sorry if i misread your post but you seemed to suggest we looked for targets and found AcTi, the fact AcTi is weak or unpopular is a bonus in some ways but they were never choosen because of this, if they were treaty'd up and had friends whos to say we still wouldnt be here? you are assuming that we <3 our infra which would be an incorrect assumption given the membership of Thriller.

Also Yes we will have fun, thats what war is about, having fun.

and casualties.

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=82822"]Hmm[/url]

[url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=94046"]Interesting[/url]

Just throwing those links out there. Be kind of nice if this thing wound down without the members of AcTi dealing with anymore of this nonsense.

If not, well...make of it what you will.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303258351' post='2694046']
lol, check my war screen bro, I'm fighting an NPO right now after getting most of my infra blown away and half my tech.

Acti was picked for whatever reason, I dunno, they don't come to me and ask my permission before they do things, but I bet it was to have some fun. Sure Acti was no threat, nor was Acti positioning itself to get involved against current combatants or their allies like NPO was. But Acti vs Thriller should be interesting, and at the very least serve a wakeup call to get them to get their act together.

I have no moral issue with this either, simply because it is a 1 on 1 with comparavely sized alliances with similar strength levels, and it was an up declare, meaning the smaller alliance declared on a bigger one. Acti needs to do what GOONS did and roll the smaller alliances hitting them, or at the very least suck it up and stop whining because this war has an end date pre set by Thriller, they have no intentions of making this a long drawn out affair.
[/quote]

Oh, that inb4 wasn't directed at you :P I've had a few people tell me that I couldn't possibly comment on this because I'm in Doomhosue and that means I'm an awful awful person along with other bad arguments.

To be honest, I agree with you. I just don't like all the false numbers being thrown around as if they're some sort of justification. Plus this is the first time in a while that we've had a thread that doesn't revolve around DH/NPO so it's just something fresh I can argue the toss about.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1303258835' post='2694062']
Given I'm not the leader of an alliance and can't do anything from an official NpO standpoint, anything I did would fall under "tech raiding." Same goes for any other individuals who were opposed to this. To say they aren't protecting, and by extension endorsing, this move by Thriller is to ignore logic.
[/quote]Not everybody follows NpO's views on tech raiding.

Simply put, if you or your alliance feels the need to declare war on Thriller for anything, that is acceptable to TIO.
If you or your alliances wants to tech raid Thriller TIO will protect them.

To say that TIO is endorsing Thrillers actions here is to ignore logic and blatant facts as the scenario you are saying is happening has been explicitly and blatantly, by TIO leadership, proven to be a falsehood.

Your logic stats that if pigs could fly then you are right. Well ok if pigs could fly you could be right, but pigs can't fly. And you are wrong.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303259363' post='2694077']
Not everybody follows NpO's views on tech raiding.

Simply put, if you or your alliance feels the need to declare war on Thriller for anything, that is acceptable to TIO.
If you or your alliances wants to tech raid Thriller TIO will protect them.

To say that TIO is endorsing Thrillers actions here is to ignore logic and blatant facts as the scenario you are saying is happening has been explicitly and blatantly, by TIO leadership, proven to be a falsehood.

Your logic stats that if pigs could fly then you are right. Well ok if pigs could fly you could be right, but pigs can't fly. And you are wrong.
[/quote]

Since when is a one man attack considered a war?

Admittedly, I was gone for some time, but this has never been considered anything other than rogue actions or tech raiding.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1303259555' post='2694080']
Since when is a one man attack considered a war?

Admittedly, I was gone for some time, but this has never been considered anything other than rogue actions or tech raiding.
[/quote]
I'm not following you here.

If nation X wants to tech raid, or declare war, on a Thriller nation, TIO will protect them.
If Y nations declared war on Thriller nations to tech raid them, TIO will protect them.

If Z alliance declares wars on Thriller, TIO will [b]not[/b] protect them.

It seems pretty clear to me.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303259697' post='2694087']
I'm not following you here.

If nation X wants to tech raid, or declare war, on a Thriller nation, TIO will protect them.
If Y nations declared war on Thriller nations to tech raid them, TIO will protect them.

If Z alliance declares wars on Thriller, TIO will [b]not[/b] protect them.

It seems pretty clear to me.
[/quote]

What I am saying is that if separate individuals wished to do something, it would be considered tech raiding.

In other words, they are protecting Thriller from the only defense that AcTi even has a chance of seeing, since no alliance is going to take part in this.

This is pathetic opportunism. Yes ACTI are terrible, yes their government is laughably incompetent, but they pose a threat to nobody and do not deserve this attack. Shame on you for not only going rouge, but going rogue on such a pathetic target. This is not a worthy fight for any of you. And shame on you TIO for indirectly supporting this roguery. Going rogue is never acceptable.

Not really sure what the need for this is. We already have a war going on, just join one side or the other if you are bored.

Yes, Battallion is a boob but so is most everyone here. And yes, more people would care if acti was better connected.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1303260233' post='2694099']
This is pathetic opportunism. Yes ACTI are terrible, yes their government is laughably incompetent, but they pose a threat to nobody and do not deserve this attack. Shame on you for not only going rouge, but going rogue on such a pathetic target. This is not a worthy fight for any of you. And shame on you TIO for indirectly supporting this roguery. Going rogue is never acceptable.
[/quote]

[url]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101085[/url]

Not so horrible nor overly opportunist I think :wacko:

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1303260233' post='2694099']
Going rogue is never acceptable.
[/quote]
It can be, provided that your heart is in the right place. Judging by the people who are terribly upset about this, I am squarely convinced that in this incidence, heart = right place.

As you were.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1303260055' post='2694095']
What I am saying is that if separate individuals wished to do something, it would be considered tech raiding.

In other words, they are protecting Thriller from the only defense that AcTi even has a chance of seeing, since no alliance is going to take part in this.
[/quote]
On the contrary a nation could easily join AcTi and help fight for them

[quote name='Grendel' timestamp='1303260731' post='2694104']
[url]http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101085[/url]

Not so horrible nor overly opportunist I think :wacko:
[/quote]
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. Thriller attacked them, that they gave them light terms, to say the least, is extraneous.

[quote name='mmansfield68' timestamp='1303260739' post='2694105']
It can be, provided that your heart is in the right place. Judging by the people who are terribly upset about this, I am squarely convinced that in this incidence, heart = right place.

As you were.
[/quote]
Different standards for different people eh?

No, going rouge is never acceptable, period.

[quote name='Johnny Apocalypse' timestamp='1303256718' post='2694010']
The funny thing is, is that the attackers know and have known for a while that AcTi don't have the numbers to fight back. They have enough nations but the nations lack any substantial warchests to fund a war for longer than one round.

It's like AcTi is the small nerdy kid puffing himself up and telling everybody he knows karate and Thriller are the bullies. Upon hearing about AcTi's mad "karate" skills they decide to challenge AcTi to a fight and chant "Come on, show us your karate moves!" while playing keepaway with his lunchbox. All the while they know perfectly well that AcTi doesn't know a damn thing about karate and was only trying to impress the other kids and scare off the bigger kids.
[/quote]
Well I was going to go with the, two muscled up jocks fighting 20 scrawny nerds, scenerio...but yours works too

[quote name='Systemfailure' timestamp='1303258865' post='2694063']
sorry if i misread your post but you seemed to suggest we looked for targets and found AcTi, the fact AcTi is weak or unpopular is a bonus in some ways but they were never choosen because of this, if they were treaty'd up and had friends whos to say we still wouldnt be here? you are assuming that we <3 our infra which would be an incorrect assumption given the membership of Thriller.

Also Yes we will have fun, thats what war is about, having fun.

and casualties.
[/quote]
Who said you attacked them because they were weak and incapable of putting up a fight? Magicninja said so. ;)

-Bama

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1303261904' post='2694125']
I am finding it rather funny we are splitting hairs as to what is more morally wrong :) Let us at least be honest and admit there is no real moralist front, just what issues we want to grand stand on.
[/quote]
Who are you and what have you done with Pacifica?

This is the weirdest thing I have ever seen! People I normally don't agree with speak sense, people I usually agree with don't.
I cant ever agree with war without a legit CB. I didn't when it happened to us, or DH on NPO and I won't when it happens again. At the same time agree with, and understand, are two different issues and I do understand why sometimes these things happen and the people involved feel they are justified.

Edited by Dajobo

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1303262794' post='2694145']
Who are you and what have you done with Pacifica?
[/quote]

The Pacifica you know I do not. Tried telling you that before ;) Honesty is a beautiful thing, you just haven't been listening :)

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1303264080' post='2694165']
The Pacifica you know I do not. Tried telling you that before ;) Honesty is a beautiful thing, you just haven't been listening :)
[/quote]
I'm always listening. It's whether or not I believe people that is variable.