Thriller

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1303260055' post='2694095']
What I am saying is that if separate individuals wished to do something, it would be considered tech raiding.

In other words, they are protecting Thriller from the only defense that AcTi even has a chance of seeing, since no alliance is going to take part in this.
[/quote]
If you feel so strongly about it, you could ghost Acti for the duration of the war.

I can't really condemn trying to find ways to keep yourselves entertained, but I dislike the manner in which this happened and the fallout that is going to hit Athens.

There has been a lot of not so subtle "If there is an Athens left to return to, hurr hurr" going on from a couple Thriller members. If Athens does not survive, I know myself and many others will hold the breakaway members the most responsible.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303268156' post='2694213']
If you feel so strongly about it, you could ghost Acti for the duration of the war.
[/quote]
Not sure if he knows how....oh wait.

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1303273221' post='2694275']
I can't really condemn trying to find ways to keep yourselves entertained, but I dislike the manner in which this happened and the fallout that is going to hit Athens.

There has been a lot of not so subtle "If there is an Athens left to return to, hurr hurr" going on from a couple Thriller members. If Athens does not survive, I know myself and many others will hold the breakaway members the most responsible.
[/quote]
You should really talk to Athens before pointing fingers..

speaking of 5 days of a warchest, hi oddjob!

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303273969' post='2694284']

speaking of 5 days of a warchest, hi oddjob!
[/quote]
Ohai thar.

[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1303268156' post='2694213']
[/quote]

Thought about it, but I did just get out of a lengthy war and am quite unprepared. We'll see when I re-arm myself if the war is still happening.

[quote name='oddjob' timestamp='1303273308' post='2694277']
Not sure if he knows how....oh wait.
[/quote]

I have no idea what this is insinuating.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303274379' post='2694293']
When you joining AcTi? :P
[/quote]
I think my warchest is bigger than the maximum amount allowed for AcTi.

Batallion and Teddyyo are two terrible leaders. No doubt about it. Still, this was a dumb way to prove it. There are 40 nations, unprepared, who are receiving the brunt from the idiocy of Batallion/Teddyyo and Thriller. I hear the "do something about it" bit a lot. I got tired of hearing it. So, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101094"]I did something about it.[/url] :awesome: Good luck Thriller.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1303274992' post='2694306']
Batallion and Teddyyo are two terrible leaders. No doubt about it. Still, this was a dumb way to prove it. There are 40 nations, unprepared, who are receiving the brunt from the idiocy of Batallion/Teddyyo and Thriller. I hear the "do something about it" bit a lot. I got tired of hearing it. So, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=101094"]I did something about it.[/url] :awesome: Good luck Thriller.
[/quote]
good on you

challenge_accepted.jpg

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303273969' post='2694284']
[/quote]
Been there, done that. I think Londo or someone else in your group said that the Thriller nations leaving won't change anything. I happen to disagree.

[quote name='Wu Tang Clan' timestamp='1303253017' post='2693964']
No no, I understand your point "you're just as much a coward for preempting as we were" am I right?
[/quote]

Actually no, as I thought you clearly didn't get my point, I'm not trying to insult wickedJ by calling him a coward.

[quote name='Wabooz' timestamp='1303266771' post='2694195']
AcTi, focus all of your fire power on Aboooe. Thanks in advance.
[/quote]
I hit a guy with three times my wc. :D
Probably will hit the guy with 4bill too. xD

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' timestamp='1303267291' post='2694203']
Sir you are a military genius and we the people of Land of the Corrupt salute you. :v:
[/quote]
Ohhh you. :wub:

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303267577' post='2694207']
Poor Toaster
[/quote]
Casualties? :)

[quote name='aboooe' timestamp='1303290021' post='2694487']
I hit a guy with three times my wc. :D
Probably will hit the guy with 4bill too. xD

Ohhh you. :wub:

Casualties? :)
[/quote]
Aboooe, didn't you know? Warchests are overrated!

[quote name='BamaBuc' timestamp='1303262788' post='2694144']
Who said you attacked them because they were weak and incapable of putting up a fight? Magicninja said so. ;)

-Bama
[/quote]

Even with their low warchests they could have done damage. We weren't gonna keep them at war long enough for most of their warchests to matter. They could have probabl made a decent go of it. The point was to make them think "Hey we could be attacked at anytime, maybe $200 mil at 21k infra is a little low." next time it could be people who would hold them down for 2-3 months and have the whole alliance ill locked. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

[quote name='Style #386' timestamp='1303275333' post='2694319']
Been there, done that. I think Londo or someone else in your group said that the Thriller nations leaving won't change anything. I happen to disagree.
[/quote]

from what I heard those talks were going on efore the Thriller idea and this came about as a fall back for a few guys for when Athens eventually decided to ride out into the sunset. that they left early means nothing. Rsox and Rush can keep Athens on life support if they want. Better to burn out than fade away though and they would e doing Athens a terrible disservice.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303326920' post='2694789']
from what I heard those talks were going on efore the Thriller idea and this came about as a fall back for a few guys for when Athens eventually decided to ride out into the sunset. that they left early means nothing. Rsox and Rush can keep Athens on life support if they want. Better to burn out than fade away though and they would e doing Athens a terrible disservice.
[/quote]

If any of the people involved in Athens government had the time or desire to continue forging on with Planet Bob in a meaningful way, then we would still be there. I founded Athens and, along with the other political elites who are now becoming too busy for Planet Bob, we put a lot of the work into it that made it what it was. If we still had the time and energy to put the amount of work into an alliance that is necessary to keep it up to snuff, we could continue on pretty decently, because the Athens membership is and always has been fun and competent and loyal. At least some of the Athens people in Thriller are here because we'd like to do something else fun and possibly interesting before we fade into what is almost certain to be complete political inactivity or nonexistence, and there is limited time available to some of us before this becomes inevitable.

Athens will always hold a special place in my heart, even beyond this world. The truth is she is my baby, and if she were still there, I would be as well before fading into nonexistence. But she's been walking away for a while, and though it is bitter to watch, I know that there are other worlds than these. What I do know is that my personal desktop computer in the Redoubt of Mind will always bear this background.

[center][img]http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9743/athenachrome.jpg[/img][/center]

And we will never ever forget her as long as we live.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1303326641' post='2694784']
Even with their low warchests they could have done damage. We weren't gonna keep them at war long enough for most of their warchests to matter. They could have probabl made a decent go of it. The point was to make them think "Hey we could be attacked at anytime, maybe $200 mil at 21k infra is a little low." next time it could be people who would hold them down for 2-3 months and have the whole alliance ill locked. Hopefully they learned their lesson.
[/quote]

Hot damn! Another for the good for the Planet and a Good For the Curbstomped AA! Sweet! I advise adding going a little further and cutting down ADMIN(pbuh) time, then you'd have a trifeca, Good for the Planet, Good for the Crushed AA and a sweet, sweet green balm to anoint yourself mitten. Damn, we got here a win, win, win, win, PROFIT!

0/Thrilla

Whoops and of course LOLA! (That was an Edit)

Rock on! Everyone must die (for our own good)

Edited by HalfEmpty