Thriller

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303188607' post='2693258']
Wow, so TIO is sanctioning the attack of AcTI by a band of rogues for no reason? And then everyone supports it? No wonder Planet Bob is bleeding nations at such a staggering rate. Welp, have fun with your self destruction.
[/quote]

Yes. It is entirely our fault. :( We are such bad people.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1303188718' post='2693260']
We will! You should join us :D
[/quote]

Sorry, I'm all destroyed :P

[quote name='Skippy' timestamp='1303188755' post='2693262']
TIO has more than enough reason to sanction the attack, you should look into their history some more :)
[/quote]

What history?

[quote name='Londo Mollari' timestamp='1303189006' post='2693271']
Yes. It is entirely our fault. :( We are such bad people.
[/quote]

Did AcTi do something to provoke an attack? Was this necessary to the defense of your alliance? No, it is not. As such, you cannot claim to have been sufficiently justified in attacking AcTi.

[quote name='TheListener' timestamp='1303193086' post='2693353']
Oh come now, TIO has friends too :D
[/quote]

TIO has friends while AcTi does not. I suspect that TIO gov. members feel that they can openly facilitate the aggression of this new alliance without much backlash.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1303189353' post='2693275']
Pity no one will come to their aid. I would love to see someone stomp TIO.
[/quote]

I heard that people in the DH/NPO war were bored because everyone was in peace mode, surely they could spare some nations for this? Be a nice filler while they wait.

Why don't the alliance who have grievances with them just full Declare instead of using rogues from all around. This is disappointing, regardless of what AcTi may have done. Man up and don't use rogues to do what you want.

Its pretty funny to watch so many people being excited over this, while missing a much bigger picture.

Athens patiently waited to serve up revenge on a member who bailed on us while we were at war. Tonight, our MoD does essentuially the same thing, it is met with thunderous applause.

Quite frankly, it disgusts me that this has happened, in this manner.

I would further say, that earlier this evening, I gave Londo the ok to do this thing if he was so inclined. What I did not do, however was release other Athens nations to leave the alliance while we are at war. The most sickening part of all, is that these words... written by Londo himself...

Basic Membership Responsibilities
Members of Athens must recognize that membership is a privilege, not a right. All members are expected to conduct themselves with dignity when communicating with any members of another alliance. All members are expected to be loyal, especially during times of war. Nations surrendering without military approval or deserting during times of war are guilty of treason and may be subject to further action. Members who wish to leave during peace time and remain in good standing with Athens will be required to inform the alliance of their decision prior to leaving. Members are expected to stay active in game and to comply with lawful alliance orders.

... seem to mean nothing to the person who wrote them. No... we will not take any action against the deserting nations. But make no mistake about it.. they ARE deserters, and in my opinion, no better, zero, than Panfilo was. It sickens me to have to feel this way, but I do.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303193851' post='2693367']
Did AcTi do something to provoke an attack? Was this necessary to the defense of your alliance? No, it is not. As such, you cannot claim to have been sufficiently justified in attacking AcTi.

TIO has friends while AcTi does not. I suspect that TIO gov. members feel that they can openly facilitate the aggression of this new alliance without much backlash.
[/quote]
How long has it been since anyone's had to [i]legitimately do something[/i] to warrant and justify an attack? Hmm? :huh:

As for your suspicions, reread what Dave posted. It's just a raiding protection statement, nothing more. Not a formal treaty. Backlash? If any comes in the form of formal DoWs... who knows. For now I personally am enjoying watching these whiners squirm at an alliance half their size. :v:

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1303193996' post='2693373']
Why don't the alliance who have grievances with them just full Declare instead of using rogues from all around. This is disappointing, regardless of what AcTi may have done. Man up and don't use rogues to do what you want.
[/quote]
Probably because it's a collective group of nations, rather than a collective group of alliances, who decided to do this. :v:

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1303194143' post='2693378']
Its pretty funny to watch so many people being excited over this, while missing a much bigger picture.

Athens patiently waited to serve up revenge on a member who bailed on us while we were at war. Tonight, our MoD does essentuially the same thing, it is met with thunderous applause.

I would further say, that earlier this evening, I gave Londo the ok to do this thing if he was so inclined. What I did not do, however was release other Athens nations to leave the alliance while we are at war. The most sickening part of all, is that these words... written by Londo himself...

Members of Athens must recognize that membership is a privilege, not a right. All members are expected to conduct themselves with dignity when communicating with any members of another alliance. All members are expected to be loyal, especially during times of war. Nations surrendering without military approval or deserting during times of war are guilty of treason and may be subject to further action. Members who wish to leave during peace time and remain in good standing with Athens will be required to inform the alliance of their decision prior to leaving. Members are expected to stay active in game and to comply with lawful alliance orders.

... seem to mean nothing to the person who wrote them. No... we will not take any action against the deserting nations. But make no mistake about it.. they ARE deserters, and in my opinion, no better, zero, than Panfilo was. It sickens me to have to feel this way, but I do.
[/quote]

Are you going to allow them back in once they have their fun... if so, shame

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1303194285' post='2693383']
[/quote]

I'd say based on his opinion of them and comparing them to panfillo that he has no intentions of allowing them back into Athens.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1303194178' post='2693381']
How long has it been since anyone's had to [i]legitimately do something[/i] to warrant and justify an attack? Hmm? :huh:
[/quote]
A very long time?
I'm afraid I don't see your point.

[quote name='KahlanRahl' timestamp='1303194178' post='2693381']
As for your suspicions, reread what Dave posted. It's just a raiding protection statement, nothing more. Not a formal treaty. Backlash? If any comes in the form of formal DoWs... who knows. For now I personally am enjoying watching these whiners squirm at an alliance half their size. :v:
[/quote]

Still, the fact that TIO feels the need to assist an alliance that attacks others for no reason what so ever does indicate that they have an ulterior motive. And indeed, that is what Skippy seems to have indicated.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1303194285' post='2693383']
[/quote]
I will not be returning. i respectfully resigned

You are also assuming there will be an athens to return to

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1303186851' post='2693226']
Definitely interesting seeing people from the same alliances who condemned Londo & co over KofN! supporting this thread.
[/quote]

I don't think I'm supposed to be agreeing with goldie, but here we are.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1303194598' post='2693393']
A very long time?
I'm afraid I don't see your point.

Still, the fact that TIO feels the need to assist an alliance that attacks others for no reason what so ever does indicate that they have an ulterior motive. And indeed, that is what Skippy seems to have indicated.
[/quote]
My point was, in response to your point, that who cares if it's justified? No one follows that old, at this point, archaic doctrine anymore clearly.

And no we really don't have any ulterior motives that I'm aware of. I didn't know about this till about half an hour ago. This is just so goddam funny. :laugh:

Edited by KahlanRahl

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1303194143' post='2693378']

[/quote]

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it out in the open:

1) The war you refer to is well in hand and being wrapped up. It has dwindled to a low intensity effort in which very little is happening. If anything more was needed, I would attend to it.

2) The Athens government and active membership has already more or less decided to bow out on Athens already. You well know this because of our earlier discussion tonight. Nothing any of us say or do will change that, and we are all more or less at peace with it, if saddened by it. Things changed and most of us are going on to better things outside Planet Bob. I wouldn't have left Athens, especially not under these circumstances, if this were not the case. I consider you and everyone left on the AA, and most of the people who have been in Athens and been allies of Athens, as dear friends and hope we will maintain friendly contact.

3) Let's please, please, please not air Athens internal affairs in this venue. Talk to me privately if you have any other concerns.

[quote name='Guffey' timestamp='1303193996' post='2693373']
[/quote]
Boredom, you know as well as any that when theres blood in the water sharks appear i myself have very little of an idea about what this is all about but that dosent matter.

Have you SEEN their Warchests?