A Statement from Doomhouse

Ardus

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300853253' post='2673577']
No it's not, not in the least, perhaps you haven't been keeping track of the many ways we are "capitalize[ing] on [our] position." Have you checked our membership count recently? Made note of the money we are going to be pulling in? I assure you, we intend to enjoy the benefits of our position to great effect. Also seeing as how only a maximum of 12.5% or so of our alliance has defensive wars (assuming 50 def wars, 400 membership), I think we're "staying alive" just fine.[/quote]

I won't lie, you have been recruiting well in the last couple weeks and working those rerolls too. In the long term you could pull a "FARK". As a GOON, I'm sure you can appreciate that more than most. But new Bob citizens can be a fickle lot. Fresh nations with few improvements are easy meat. You need peace time to put on the weight. Kept in constant war you might find a lot of these new Bob citizens looking for new and more peaceful...uhm...planets, if you get my drift.

You might not be seeing a lot of war now, but you also know why. You were taken out as a currently effective force. We are currently working more pressing areas. If you try to boost we will be waiting. At least you can take comfort in the fact that they won't have to boost that far given your early efforts. Credit where credit is due. But without peace soon all you have is potential untapped. How long your new fledgling crew will be satisfied with merely being "potential" is anyone's guess, but to say they will be happy with many months like that is highly debatable.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300859971' post='2673646']
Heh, I love the implication that we've disbanded alliances before. Really underscores your entire smarmy post. But no, we're not out for disbandment, we're willing to work with Schattenmann, provided he agrees to some sort of play. If he disbands because he cannot stomach the idea, that's really not our problem.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I don't believe Schatt even has to write a play if he doesn't want to. He has the option to pay $400 million and do no play. Unless something has changed since we last spoke.[/color]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300859408' post='2673638']
That's nothing new as a claim; actually one might recall people saying Vox were on permazi because they were at war as well.
[/quote]
Don't be an idiot. You know perfectly well that the members of Vox were on an E/PZI list as individuals, regardless of any status as an alliance.

I demand you produce evidence that GPA were in fact not planning on entering the war.

What, you can't find any? Oh that's right. You can't prove a negative.
[/quote]
Actually, I think I have logs about that somewhere I can dig up. I still have friends over there that I talk to a decent amount.

[quote name='+Zeke+' timestamp='1300860064' post='2673647']
I won't lie, you have been recruiting well in the last couple weeks and working those rerolls too. In the long term you could pull a "FARK". As a GOON, I'm sure you can appreciate that more than most. But new Bob citizens can be a fickle lot. Fresh nations with few improvements are easy meat. You need peace time to put on the weight. Kept in constant war you might find a lot of these new Bob citizens looking for new and more peaceful...uhm...planets, if you get my drift.

You might not be seeing a lot of war now, but you also know why. You were taken out as a currently effective force. We are currently working more pressing areas. If you try to boost we will be waiting. At least you can take comfort in the fact that they won't have to boost that far given your early efforts. Credit where credit is due. But without peace soon all you have is potential untapped. How long your new fledgling crew will be satisfied with merely being "potential" is anyone's guess, but to say they will be happy with many months like that is highly debatable.
[/quote]
You don't know the first thing about GOONS if you think any of our propriety recruits would leave over getting [i]too much[/i] action. We'll lose five times more members in the months after the war than we'll lose during, no matter how long this goes.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300761198' post='2672827']
It was predetermined NPO would enter because of the treaties and the fact that it would be completely dumb of them not to enter.[/quote]

And because if they didn't enter you were going to jump them anyway.

And they didn't, and you did.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300859445' post='2673639']

So who's next on the Pandora's Box hitlist?

I mean, you right here admit that you planned this war to get #1 (Polar) and #2 (Pacifica). Who's on third?
[/quote]

That depends on the outcome of a riveting game of mouse trap. We aren't very formal about these things.

Also, I can't believe you're all still having the same arguments over and over.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1300860658' post='2673654']
That depends on the outcome of a riveting game of mouse trap. We aren't very formal about these things.

Also, I can't believe you're all still having the same arguments over and over.
[/quote]

Well... there hasn't been a good new thread yet :(

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1300860955' post='2673656']
Well... there hasn't been a good new thread yet :(
[/quote]
grey council 5year thread is pretty cool

after 136 pages this better not end in white peace is all i have to say that wont even be funny

Edited by Systemfailure

Yes, that's right. You're the aggressor, people defending NPO are defenders, and no amount of e-lawyering will prove otherwise.[/quote]
An MDP I could buy, but an oA from an ally of an ally of NPO is seriously stretching it in terms of "they're in a defensive war."

By the same logic, GOONs was in a defensive war against AZTEC.

In fact, thanks to RIA, probably most of the people who fought could jump enough steps and follow enough oAs to find themselves in a defensive war against themselves.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1300859445' post='2673639']
So who's next on the Pandora's Box hitlist?

I mean, you right here admit that you planned this war to get #1 (Polar) and #2 (Pacifica). Who's on third?
[/quote]

iFOK.

[quote name='ktarthan' timestamp='1300863484' post='2673678']
No, Who's on first.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Yes. That's right. Who's on first. What's on second. I Don't Know on third.[/color]

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300860112' post='2673649']
Don't be an idiot. You know perfectly well that the members of Vox were on an E/PZI list as individuals, regardless of any status as an alliance.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Well, they did give some terms to some Vox members. Mainly the guys who joined after it was formed, and who didn't do much. But a lot of Vox members it was more than just war. You could leave Vox and still be a target, as was true for many.

But that said, the claims that Doom House wants to impose eternal war on NPO are absurd. I've explained why many times, so I won't do it again. People seem to like ignoring me. Can't say I blame them.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='the rebel' timestamp='1300813527' post='2673195']
Since he added me to the alliance !@#$ list for comments about GOONS failures, then he should know the reasons given. So you right he does care and know, hence the butthurt. But nice deflection ;)

I count 3 times you recieved 3mill in war aid (1/24/2011 17:55:22; 2/5/2011 15:55:56; 2/5/2011 16:07:16), it could be more but i got tired of updating aid sent to GOONS nations around a month ago.
[/quote]
part of tech deals :(
90% of my warchest is from NPO's donations.

Edited by Velox

[quote name='Baldr' timestamp='1300860621' post='2673652']
And because if they didn't enter you were going to jump them anyway.

And they didn't, and you did.
[/quote]

This is getting a bit repetitive, but they were jumped because they would enter the war and not for other reasons. That's why Roq has been saying if they had posted a DoN we wouldn't have gone after them.

I can try to explain it slower if reading fast is a problem for you.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300864015' post='2673686']
[color="#0000FF"]Yes. That's right. Who's on first. What's on second. I Don't Know on third.[/color]
[/quote]
That's what I want to find out. I want you to tell me the names of the fellas on the Rebel Virginia team.

Edited by Choson

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1300860112' post='2673649']
[/quote]
No, I don't know that. Actually I know exactly the opposite, given that I worked with Vox members who left Vox while the war was going on and were not kept at war.

There were some members of Vox on permazi lists, just like there's members of NPO on EoG. The claim was often made that joining Vox meant you were put on one, and it simply wasn't true.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1300875107' post='2673722']
This is getting a bit repetitive, but they were jumped because they would enter the war and not for other reasons. That's why Roq has been saying if they had posted a DoN we wouldn't have gone after them.
[/quote]
Alas, that's not what Roq has been saying.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1300761198' post='2672827']
The options were pretty clear: NPO enters and gets rolled with Polar and NPO doesn't enter and gets rolled alone given they'd be the main target after the Polar war.
[/quote]
Roq has been saying that if NPO refused to enter the war, they were going to be attacked once the war was over. That's why he expected them to defend Polar.

You were taken out as a currently effective force.
[/quote]
News to me buddy. As I said before, though our higher and middle tiers were reduced, our lower tier fights on with impunity, as it was always meant to. But keep telling yourself just whatever you need to feel better about yourselves, we wouldn't want your feelings getting hurt.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1300860087' post='2673648']
[color="#0000FF"]I don't believe Schatt even has to write a play if he doesn't want to. He has the option to pay $400 million and do no play. Unless something has changed since we last spoke.[/color]
[/quote]
Indeed, or he can get somebody else to write it.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1300877206' post='2673729']
You need to do a little bit better, sweetie. :)
[/quote]
Nah.

The terms for CoJ are dumb.

Terms for anyone on this side are unfair and not really justified given the nature of how it started, regardless of treaty connections.

I didn't expect to see those logs in public but okay whatever.

Umbrella can argue about strategy as much as they want but Doomhouse still attacked NPO without provocation or cause and didn't really bother to present any cause, either - or presented so many possible causes that no one could tell.

- Heft

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1300857555' post='2673619']
I'm not seeing what's "gold" about it. I am giving preferential treatment to the ally of my treaty partner, as well as NSO because of their will to fight. I have no interest in letting CoJ off easy, as they have done nothing to earn it.

OOC: Signing your posts is moronic.
[/quote]
If you're going hard on CoJ because they've "lampooned [you] on the forums", then that completely flies in the face of Ardus's declaration that an "end of silence for fear of persecution" is one of your coalition's moral goals.

OOC: If five characters offend you that much, you know where to find the ignore button. ;)

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1300857584' post='2673620']
Breaking news from the front. STOP
GOONS do not care for CoJ. STOP
Reparations requested. STOP

(Since I assume you get your info via telegraph, based on the age of said news, I thought I'd make you more comfortable and put it in the proper format)
[/quote]
Earth to Janax STOP
Doomhouse claims in this thread that its moral mission is, among other things, the end of silence for fear of persecution STOP
And then they go on to request the harshest reparations from CoJ because they don't like how CoJ posts on the forums STOP

-Bama

How long your new fledgling crew will be satisfied with merely being "potential" is anyone's guess, but to say they will be happy with many months like that is highly debatable.
[/quote]

I've been "potential", as you put it, since I've joined GOONS, my nation has only a few times been eligible to advance to B Company (which I quickly made sure that wouldn't happen.) What's more, I don't really plan on getting bigger then that at anytime now or post war. Wanna know why?

It's because at this level I can engage more combatants at a steadier rate (both in and out of war), I can provide crucial tasks in the advancement of my alliance and its allies, and it's always been fun to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women. :smug:

And knowing I come from the same homelands most of the other Goons do, especially our new recruits, their blood lust and their need for battle will be only drowned out by the screams and cries of the enemy as they fall to our guns and our blades. Afterward some may leave, returning to our sacred homeland, many will advance, and many will stay down here to bloody the soil of our enemies and savour the pleas for mercy of those foolish enough to fall prey to our tech raiders.

[quote name='Feldheim C' timestamp='1300883455' post='2673767']
I've been "potential", as you put it, since I've joined GOONS, my nation has only a few times been eligible to advance to B Company (which I quickly made sure that wouldn't happen.) What's more, I don't really plan on getting bigger then that at anytime now or post war. Wanna know why?

It's because at this level I can engage more combatants at a steadier rate (both in and out of war), I can provide crucial tasks in the advancement of my alliance and its allies, and it's always been fun to crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentations of their women. :smug:

And knowing I come from the same homelands most of the other Goons do, especially our new recruits, their blood lust and their need for battle will be only drowned out by the screams and cries of the enemy as they fall to our guns and our blades. Afterward some may leave, returning to our sacred homeland, many will advance, and many will stay down here to bloody the soil of our enemies and savour the pleas for mercy of those foolish enough to fall prey to our tech raiders.
[/quote]

The best way for these guys to disband GOONS would have been to DENY us war, not bring us the best war in the history of anything; countless totally inept nations, over 30 pages of hi-lariously tragic battle results and responses to surrender requests, and of course at the end when we get our "We Fought Literally the Worst Coalition Ever" t-shirts.

XXL of course.

[quote name='mattski133' timestamp='1300886232' post='2673777']
The best way for these guys to disband GOONS would have been to DENY us war, not bring us the best war in the history of anything; countless totally inept nations, over 30 pages of hi-lariously tragic battle results and responses to surrender requests, and of course at the end when we get our "We Fought Literally the Worst Coalition Ever" t-shirts.

XXL of course.
[/quote]
Firstly, and taking a step back from the usual thrash talk, I am not here to question GOONS attitude towards this war. Most (if not all) of my GOONS opponents were determined and taking into consideration the circumstances (small WC) their war effort was good (of course I am not a fierce warrior or anything). On the other hand bringing together some rough numbers it seems that about 150 members of the GOONS alliance departed Bob since the start of this war. I don’t believe that these nations departed only due to the war, but it doesn’t matter as the result is the same, some relative developed nations departed.
On the other hand there is an influx of volunteers from your homeland that compensate for these losses, but these “green” volunteers are not very well prepared for this war, and I don’t mean their morale but their development and WC. Aid fall figures seems big, but in reality 15M every 10 days is not a big number for developing your nation (a bit, in order to inflict some damage) and keep something in the side for the war effort, especially taking into consideration that there is a nuke holocaust in the low tiers and that many nations have a formidable WC. My personal opinion is that a saturation point will be reached, when and how it will be handled I don’t have a clue and personally I don’t care, as I am only a foot soldier.

[quote name='Feldheim C' timestamp='1300883455' post='2673767']
[/quote]
I feel a bit dirty as I have only recently tasted the dark side of (very) low NS warfare, but I echo the above statement. I especially like that there are still people that count the nukes they received, the naivety of youth. I fear that this war will make a monster out of me :P

[quote]There were some members of Vox on permazi lists, just like there's members of NPO on EoG. The claim was often made that joining Vox meant you were put on one, and it simply wasn't true.[/quote]

When I joined Vox I was told by NPO that I will never get to play this game again :huh:

[quote name='Heft' timestamp='1300882966' post='2673761']
The terms for CoJ are dumb.

Terms for anyone on this side are unfair and not really justified given the nature of how it started, regardless of treaty connections.

I didn't expect to see those logs in public but okay whatever.

Umbrella can argue about strategy as much as they want but Doomhouse still attacked NPO without provocation or cause and didn't really bother to present any cause, either - or presented so many possible causes that no one could tell.

- Heft
[/quote]

Will echo this. I support continued war until all alliance gets white peace.