Nuclear weapons hurting the Third World

Aeros

The Sovreign Kingdom of Chyrellos came out with a report today on the status of the environment within its borders, and the report was grim. Heavy clouds of radioactive fallout from warring nations had contaminated local forests, severely harming the fur industry due to mass die offs and genetic mutations amongst the animals. The water supply has been similarly contaminated, with extra national rivers being ruined by radioactive waste from destroyed nuclear reactors and nuclear detonations further up stream. Even standing water like lakes and ponds in Chyrellos are considered unsafe, due to the heavy coating of nuclear dust that seems to permeate everything in the country. A country that is not even at war presently.

"Its frustrating". stated the Minister for Industry and Development, John Updike. "Our environment is presently rated as a single star. We had some Government initiatives for these last few months that helped boost the health of our population, but those have since expired with no plan for them to come back. The consequential hit to our population has had a disastrous impact on our economy. Without a single bomb being thrown, we fell to -2 on our improvement score as our environment ratio reset itself to nominal levels. It was a disaster, we very nearly breached the -3 score. We have since purchased around 200 infrastructure to try and offset the effects, but we are still hovering around the break even score, with an overall score of -1. Millions of Dongs wasted just to bring ourselves back up to a break even improvement level. Its mind boggling.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs was less sanguine. "The big countries have no idea how severely this effects smaller and newer nations!" They have the technology, improvements, and wonders necessary to absorb the impact of Nuclear Weapons being thrown about like cruise missiles. Our country is a little over 100 days old. It was a struggle to get our Banking system functional under these conditions. Build a wonder? Ha!

Setting a less confrontational tone, His Majesty the King sent a letter today to all warring states. In it, he pointed out that countries who have been reduced to ridiculously low levels of infrastructure are still firing and being hit in turn by nuclear weapons. His Majesty feels that this is a very inefficient way to destroy a couple dozen infrastructure points. While His Majesty understands the need for their use in war, he would like to see that use be tempered with some reality, and an understanding of just how severe the damage to new nations this protracted nuclear conflict is causing.

Edited by Aeros

Chyrellos does not wish for, nor requires reimbursements, as these reimbursements will not address the environmental and economic havoc caused by excessive use of nuclear weapons over the long term. Only a rethinking of strategic policy would do this.

[quote name='Aeros' timestamp='1300120323' post='2664622']
Chyrellos does not wish for, nor requires reimbursements, as these reimbursements will not address the environmental and economic havoc caused by excessive use of nuclear weapons over the long term. Only a rethinking of strategic policy would do this.
[/quote]

I'm sure the economic reimbursements you will recieve will help your economy recover. However I'm afraid that a change of strategic policy is out of the question as it is not strategic for us at this time to change our current policy, so surely you can see our dilemma.

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1300121106' post='2664640']
You should have build your nation better, its all your fault now stop complaining and take it like a man - DH logic
[/quote]

But I'm part of Doomhouse and I didn't say that, it's as if we're not one big hivemind and in fact you are trying to put words in our mouths. Crazy huh?

[quote name='xoindotnler' timestamp='1300123229' post='2664678']
Because I totally was talking to you.
[/quote]

Ah, yes...we're supposed to sit back and let you mock-quote us with something we wouldn't say simply because you weren't talking to us. Perhaps use the PM feature if you don't want us to argue against your ridiculous posts.

Nuclear fallout has not been only affecting your nation Aeros, for it has affected many nations across Planet Bob, both new and old, strong and weak. The only solution is to destroy those that are raising the GRL, for then, the GRL can finally settle down, and peace will reign across Planet Bob.

I make it my mission to both produce and launch approximately 2 nuclear weapons a day to do my part for a more radioactive world, more people should be luanching nukes is what I got out of this thread. So if you have them, launch them, then produce more and repeat.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' timestamp='1300120850' post='2664634']
OOC: This is pretty decent RP, you should post this in the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=73"]Game-Related RP section[/url] instead.
[/quote]

I completely agree with this, you'd fit in nicely, and thankfully I haven't been nuked or launched any so dont blame me!

[quote name='mrwuss' timestamp='1300280581' post='2666434']
I will be demanding reps from those jerks in doomhouse for my bad collections once this war ends next year.
[/quote]

Asking for reps from MK and Umbrella? Looking at the GOONS aid screen i get the impression you folks are already living on MK/Umbrella welfare :blink:

On behalf of the Republic of Earth, I, President Josh, thank you for your announcement in consideration of we the smaller nations. We do not possess the infrastructure, technology, or funds to sustain our nations under such harsh radio-active circumstances. We hope that the larger nations listen to our pleas with open minds and consider the option of holding back on launching their nuclear warheads.

Perhaps as a member of a non-aligned alliance during this war I should sue VE and DH for money damages?

Let's start at $2,000,000,000,000 with all but $3 mill going to non-aligned nations as an incentive to join a Duckroll member alliance. The remaining $3 million shall be used to purchase tissues and ointment for Nippy. :)

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1300738366' post='2672480']
Perhaps as a member of a non-aligned alliance during this war I should sue VE and DH for money damages?

Let's start at $2,000,000,000,000 with all but $3 mill going to non-aligned nations as an incentive to join a Duckroll member alliance. The remaining $3 million shall be used to purchase tissues and ointment for Nippy. :)
[/quote]

You use ointment? Dude, switch to lotion. Less messy.