Et tu, Keven?

Xiphosis

[color="#0000FF"]I'm going to have to agree with others in here on the usefulness of spying. It just isn't worth it. You never get anything of value, you get caught, and you get rolled. Hardly what I'd call "stirring things up." If you want information, find a government member with loose lips. They all have at least one. Usually more.[/color]

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299978318' post='2662080']
This is what I was trying to say. Having spies in your alliance doesn't mean I want to see you dead O_o However, sparking some controversy/trying to get tension between various alliances can help the atmosphere and create a fun environment.
[/quote]

It can also make you look an idiot and get people hating your persona when your dick dastardly plans fail on epic levels.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299978318' post='2662080']
However, sparking some controversy/trying to get tension between various alliances can help the atmosphere and create a fun environment.
[/quote]

You do realize that we're in the middle of a gigantic war right? :wacko:

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299978113' post='2662076']
Nothing to apologize for, except that Xiphosis feels like he's been betrayed. I should have let him know what was going on, maybe I would not have told him who was the spy from GOD was, but I should of at least let him know what was going on.

lol, well gee wizz. D_T has a little bit of a dark side to 'em then.
[/quote]
"Just a heads up Xiph, I'm spying on you, I won't tell you who the spy is, but I just thought I should let you know what's going on."

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1299974792' post='2661998']
Oh come on.
[/quote]
Haha, it's deja vu all over again, isn't it?

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299979953' post='2662118']
Exactly right.
[/quote]
And you think Xiph wouldn't have rolled you that instant? I mean good Lord, if one of my friends told me he/she was spying on my alliance, I know I'd feel betrayed and I'd probably try to get him/her rolled. Kev, you're a good guy, but you screwed up.

-Bama

Edited by BamaBuc

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299978621' post='2662088']
The project started before war broke loose.
[/quote]

It was not intended as a "Third Power Sphere" project before the war. Nor was it intended to be a spying operation, unless that's something you didn't tell anyone either.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299979953' post='2662118']
Exactly right.
[/quote]

Now you've just completely lost control of your mental faculties... You can't seriously think that the quote that you agreed with is in any way logical or sensible. Or can you?

I get a kick out of people who think they need to spy on us, whether in the past, or rumors that we could expect some heading our way. We're fairly blunt about where we stand with everything, hiding how we feel or what we'd like to see happen, isn't something that's in our playbook. You want to gain as much intel on us as you could with a spy? Read our embassies or just ask, we tend to be pretty forthcoming people. Same info, less risk/effort.

Oh and PS to Kev:

Reroll into 64Digits, you're a good guy and I'd be honored to have you join us, my friend ;)

[hr]

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1299977796' post='2662069']
Look everything short of an apology again, great.
[/quote]Why should he have to apologize for playing a goddamn game?

I don't apologize to my friends for beating them in Halo, and if they got all pissy and told me I wasn't their friend because I didn't let them win or whatever, then they never were my friend in the first place.

Get. Over. It. Jesus H !@#$@#$ Christ, stop taking a game so goddamn seriously.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1299987378' post='2662247']
Oh and PS to Kev:

Reroll into 64Digits, you're a good guy and I'd be honored to have you join us, my friend ;)

[hr]

Why should he have to apologize for playing a goddamn game?

I don't apologize to my friends for beating them in Halo, and if they got all pissy and told me I wasn't their friend because I didn't let them win or whatever, then they never were my friend in the first place.

[/quote]

Please kev, reroll into 64digits, it would be the quickest way to end that alliance.

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299978113' post='2662076']
lol, well gee wizz. D_T has a little bit of a dark side to 'em then.
[/quote]

Dark Temptation? Nah, no dark side here...

But seriously, I was trying to build a case against you to save as many innocent members of Anathema as I could. No one but you should have to suffer from this level of stupidity. I'm ashamed to even be a part of this mess.

Oh and PS to Kev:

[/quote]

This this this. A thousand times this.

[/quote]

Talk about taking something too seriously :|

Edited by Fyfe XIV

[quote name='Incitatus' timestamp='1299977483' post='2662059']
How is this OOC?

Xiphosis has been my closest friend in CN and the person I have trusted the most in CN. This was purely IC. You don't think politicians lie? O_o Good heaves, think again. I needed a spy in SF, the guy told me he was government in GOD. I figured gov't of GOD would get access to SF. I wanted the info on SF. I was not interested in getting information about GOD, if that were the case I would have contacted Xiphosis myself. Doomhouse/PB was the main target, which is why I wanted the guy over in MK/VE originally, but SF worked as a target as well. What I said IC was partially true, we never ended up spying. (Anathema) We changed our course in a way that I saw would ensure a good time for all involved. (Building a 3rd power bloc) Also, VE is another alliance where most of my friends are in and they were an alliance I wanted spies in. This was about me trying to find a fun time on Planet Bob.

I'm not leaking information that people are giving me trusting me not to tell others. This isn't a matter of trust. This is a matter of my character being honorable/respectful. In this case I, Incitatus/Kevanovia/what have you, was a rotten scumbag for originally having the intent of making GOD the home of one of my spies. I had fun planning it! It was a good time! That is something we all seem to be missing in CN. CN =/= Real Life. Make a persona and have fun with it.
[/quote]

You know, when we talked a few days ago, i came away with the impression that you were a guy that had the misfortune of having made a few bad decisions. no harm there, the good lord knows i have made my fair share of them and will probably make more.

Now however i am of the opinion that this is less an aberration and more a chronic situation. You are worse than those that you claim to oppose in character. You and people like you with their BS decision making put paid to the idea that something new and interesting might someday happen to make the game interesting again.

Also spying on SF is sort of pointless, the good stuff you would really wish to know about? Yeah that stuff. Wont be in an area their junior gov can access. And i doubt if you would be able to get your hooks into a delegate. and they dont go the !@#$%* route these days.