Nordreich Kaiserlich Decree

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vinzent Zeppelin' timestamp='1299282466' post='2652832']

My definition of "satisfactory" is "what one is willing to abide", not "what one views as optimal". If the Dark Templar abide it (they do; else they would not have signed the peace agreement), so do we.
[/quote]
Precisely. To all of you people trying to make hay with the DT situation and how it relates to Nordreich, just shut the hell up. Nordreich was there for us, should we have needed them. The terms we (The Templar) accepted were satisfactory to us - and to NoR by extension.

New battlefront!

o/ Nordreich! Onward to victory! :awesome:

#WINNING!

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1299287948' post='2652926']
I mean really, do you think all these alliances who suddenly switched sides for Karma and everyone else who went and settled their old grudges, went and apologized for what they put them through, or put in any more effort than Pacifica did? I think not. I think the discussions were more like: "We hate NPO.", "Us too.", "OK, you're forgiven."
[/quote]

We in FAN have settled our differences with [i]almost[/i] all of the VietFAN combatants. ALL of those alliances put in more effort than NPO did, by far. FAN have forged true friendships over the course of the last year and some of these friends are alliances we were fighting against in VietFAN. True story.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1299295572' post='2653068']
We in FAN have settled our differences with [i]almost[/i] all of the VietFAN combatants. ALL of those alliances put in more effort than NPO did, by far. FAN have forged true friendships over the course of the last year and some of these friends are alliances we were fighting against in VietFAN. True story.
[/quote]
Witness.

Can vouch.

o/

I told everyone on IRC and I will say it again; Nordreich is peaceful. We don't believe in war. And we don't believe in nuclear weapons. :rolleyes:

The DT situation has no bearing on this thread other than to mention we were waiting for them to be able to exit the war, otherwise the incessant bickering in this thread is simply amusing. If you want to discuss CSN and DT go to the CSN and DT thread.

Regards,
Cuba

EDIT: Add - *on*

Edited by ImperialCubanacan

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1299293555' post='2653016']
Til you find out your friends aren't as good as you thought.
[/quote]

Let's be honest here. We all know NoR has great friends. Every single one of will shed the blood of our civilians for NoR. And you sir, can take that to the bank.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1299279750' post='2652790']
As the DT drama continued, there was discussion about re-entering the war on their behalf, regardless of our previous agreement. We felt strongly (and still do) that DT was the victim of extortion perpetrated by a dishonorable group of weasels. We were prepared to fight to the death to defend them, and told them so.

DT said, "Naw, s'OK. We'll handle this."

The end.
[/quote]

[quote name='Vinzent Zeppelin' timestamp='1299282466' post='2652832']
My definition of "satisfactory" is "what one is willing to abide", not "what one views as optimal". If the Dark Templar abide it (they do; else they would not have signed the peace agreement), so do we.
[/quote]
Essentially you're using DT as your excuse for your late entry into the conflict on this front, no? It appears that the reference in the OP to DT and their terms was little more than a cynical attempt on your part to suggest a modicum of honour.

Another poster raised the issue of past history between yourselves and the NPO. He used words to the effect of "it's ironic that they're attacking the NPO when not so long ago it was the NPO who prevented NoR being curbstomped by Maroon". That's true. So what has happened that now permits you to bandwagon against such alliance?

1) You don't know anything about the DT situation or you wouldn't be commenting on it. We refused to enter until DT had peace. We would have fought to the death for them if they needed it. They didn't. Their performance was quite simply incredible. We will help them rebuild to their former strength.

2)What is your point. NPO was complicit in every negative event in NoR 1.0's past that lead to its destruction. Why wouldn't we harbor some resentment for that.

[quote name='Emperor Mudd' timestamp='1299318148' post='2653383']
2)What is your point. NPO was complicit in every negative event in NoR 1.0's past that lead to its destruction. Why wouldn't we harbor some resentment for that.
[/quote]
I think you'll find that NPO treaty was the life support keeping NoR 1.0 alive. And I have to question the rest of your assertion, I've asked Zog the same thing and he had no answer. If NPO was so horrible to NoR 1.0, why did Martens found NoV under their protection soon so after NoR died?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299318794' post='2653389']
I think you'll find that NPO treaty was the life support keeping NoR 1.0 alive. And I have to question the rest of your assertion, I've asked Zog the same thing and he had no answer. If NPO was so horrible to NoR 1.0, why did Martens found NoV under their protection soon so after NoR died?
[/quote]

Sorry, you are correct. NPO WAS quite helpful in keeping the original Nordreich alive. Their undermining of the Norden Verein cannot be defended. Throwing us to the wolves based on the political winds was not ever explained, nor forgiven.

Unfortunately, this war is not about NPO. It is about FAN. Our friendship with them outweighs our dislike of NPO. We will do our duty no matter our opinions on NPO (and quite frankly mine are quite favorable, so don't think I have a long standing grudge).

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299276928' post='2652746']
Who did? I don't really remember Doomhouse being involved in the DT front.
[/quote]

You people need to keep track of your tall tales. One day you are trying to argue that these are not different unconnected wars but a pre-emptive strike in an already ongoing war or there are two sides of the same war and people can move anywhere they like on there own side. Another day you are trying to make out there is no connection between one front and another which means this is a different war altogether and the story that you spun about Pacifica was just the usual pack of lies from your side or the different sides of these different wars depending on the lie of the day.

Insert Karma style reimagining of what you meant after the fact here:

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Emperor Khan' timestamp='1299310567' post='2653308']
So what has happened that now permits you to bandwagon against such alliance?
[/quote]
We don't need a permit to do anything. Ever. Though if you must be told again, we were asked by a good friend. Any and all bitter feelings towards the NPO are secondary to helping our friends.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1299322930' post='2653415']
We don't need a permit to do anything. Ever. Though if you must be told again, we were asked by a good friend. Any and all bitter feelings towards the NPO are secondary to helping our friends.
[/quote]
Does FAN asking get them an automatic yes? Otherwise, there is a large element of choice involved in your actions, which makes your attempts to paint this as though you are obligated to help them in an offensive war appear pretty weak.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1299321575' post='2653408']
You people need to keep track of your tall tales. One day you are trying to argue that these are not different unconnected wars but a pre-emptive strike in an already ongoing war or there are two sides of the same war and people can move anywhere they like on there own side. Another day you are trying to make out there is no connection between one front and another which means this is a different war altogether and the story that you spun about Pacifica was just the usual pack of lies from your side or the different sides of these different wars depending on the lie of the day.

[/quote]
You do realise what a front is, right?

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1299321575' post='2653408']

[/quote]

They're not unconnected. It's just we had zero say over what terms were given to DT. Even Karma didn't control terms given out.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1299323653' post='2653416']
Does FAN asking get them an automatic yes? Otherwise, there is a large element of choice involved in your actions, which makes your attempts to paint this as though you are obligated to help them in an offensive war appear pretty weak.
[/quote]
Of course there is choice involved. There is choice involved in everything. But what kind of friends would we be if we automatically said no? Better yet, what kind of friends would we be if we automatically said yes? I know the whole treaty web can mess with a person's brain sometimes, but not all actions need to be written into official, automatic, and binding conditions. Of course we made the choice to enter the war alongside FAN. We're not passing the responsibility for our declaration onto FAN, we'll gladly take responsibility for our actions. But if you're looking for a [b]reason[/b] for us entering, FAN's request would be that reason.

Hopefully that makes things a bit clearer.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' timestamp='1299322930' post='2653415']
[/quote]

You didn't have to say yes, this isn't a defensive war; you friends are one of four alliances that pre-emptively attacked NPO without just cause. I hope this ends up biting you on your cowardly butts.