Nordreich Kaiserlich Decree

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299278708' post='2652776']
They've pretty clearly stated that it was the perma war, and that the reason they haven't "gotten over it" is that NPO didn't bother to send diplomats or actually perform any real diplomacy to ease tensions or anything like that. It wasn't enough for NPO to suddenly declare peace with FAN while Karma was holding a gun to their head. They needed to actually go fix the problem afterward.
[/quote]
Hey, someone gets it.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Emperor Khan' timestamp='1299272482' post='2652686']
So what's this DT guy (see quote below) talking about? He says you were prevented from getting involved militarily.
[/quote]

As the DT drama continued, there was discussion about re-entering the war on their behalf, regardless of our previous agreement. We felt strongly (and still do) that DT was the victim of extortion perpetrated by a dishonorable group of weasels. We were prepared to fight to the death to defend them, and told them so.

DT said, "Naw, s'OK. We'll handle this."

The end.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299277436' post='2652752']
Edit: Still bitter, though, I see. You were quick to blame CSN, and declare that the war was going on only because of [i]their[/i] actions, and you now absolutely refuse to recognize CSN's assistance by negotiating further. Instead, you have to credit somebody -- anybody -- but CSN.
[/quote]

Perhaps if CSN had acknowledged that demanding a fourth of the Dark Templar's total technology -- a punitive measure for defending an ally -- was unreasonable, and dropped the issue, I would have given them credit.

As has been said, that was the reason we did not issue this declaration sooner. We were not about to commit ourselves to another war and thus allow other parties to take advantage of DT's predicament. Whether or not we would have declared war in their defense is immaterial; what matters is that the threat was there.

[quote name='Emperor Khan' timestamp='1299277944' post='2652763']
Very hard to believe they would have. It's pretty clear that DT weren't happy with the terms yet NoR describe them as satisfactory, doesn't add up.
[/quote]

My definition of "satisfactory" is "what one is willing to abide", not "what one views as optimal". If the Dark Templar abide it (they do; else they would not have signed the peace agreement), so do we.

I do not see this as any less opportunistic than FAN's original aggression. So there's really not much here to criticize other than the obvious rationale for your aggression. If you want revenge, then say it. Saying that you're honoring a gentleman's agreement is just a means to an end, in my eyes. Everyone has an ulterior motive.

But I don't blame you for you wanting revenge.

They've pretty clearly stated that it was the perma war, and that the reason they haven't "gotten over it" is that NPO didn't bother to send diplomats or actually perform any real diplomacy to ease tensions or anything like that. It wasn't enough for NPO to suddenly declare peace with FAN while Karma was holding a gun to their head. They needed to actually go fix the problem afterward.
[/quote]
Finally, somebody on the other side who gets it.

[quote name='Jasmines Jewels' timestamp='1299286361' post='2652898']
Esqueeze me ... this is not about CSN or DT. Can we get back to us now???
[/quote]

Every thread is about CSN or DT. No exceptions :awesome:

Clearly this Declaration is because Doomhouse is losing terribly and desperately needs to bring in allies and has nothing to do with the reasons stated in the op, amirite?

[quote name='Darth Blitzer' timestamp='1299287391' post='2652912']Every thread is about CSN or DT. No exceptions :awesome:

Clearly this Declaration is because Doomhouse is losing terribly and desperately needs to bring in allies and has nothing to do with the reasons stated in the op, amirite?[/quote]

But maaaaaaaaaa it's not fair! *pout*

And that's exactly right, they could have posted a row of bunny smilies in the OP and it still would be about trains.

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1299277436' post='2652752']
Good luck. Nordreich is definitely one of the better alliances out there militarily, so this might hurt a little bit, NPO.

Edit: Still bitter, though, I see. You were quick to blame CSN, and declare that the war was going on only because of [i]their[/i] actions, and you now absolutely refuse to recognize CSN's assistance by negotiating further. Instead, you have to credit somebody -- anybody -- but CSN.

Those who blatantly break terms often do not get second chances for a very, very long time. It wouldn't have ended well for NoR. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.
[/quote]

Can you just put a !@#$@#$ sock in it? Damn son. And I thought I was retarded and annoying.

[/quote]

Is it really that, or is it more like: the enemy of my enemy is my friend? I'm thinking the latter. I mean really, do you think all these alliances who suddenly switched sides for Karma and everyone else who went and settled their old grudges, went and apologized for what they put them through, or put in any more effort than Pacifica did? I think not. I think the discussions were more like: "We hate NPO.", "Us too.", "OK, you're forgiven."

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1299287948' post='2652926']
Is it really that, or is it more like: the enemy of my enemy is my friend? I'm thinking the latter. I mean really, do you think all these alliances who suddenly switched sides for Karma and everyone else who went and settled their old grudges, went and apologized for what they put them through, or put in any more effort than Pacifica did? I think not. I think the discussions were more like: "We hate NPO.", "Us too.", "OK, you're forgiven."
[/quote]

TPF apologized to us. We worked things out and now we're allies. There were a couple of others too. I don't think it's too farfetched to think that folks ACTUALLY learned their lesson and worked to make amends. Hell, NPO apologized to us. Unfortunately for them, we were not the threat.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1299286801' post='2652904']
Finally, somebody on the other side who gets it.
[/quote]
Hey, I sort of support FAN too. :P I don't really support their side, but I do get why they declared on NPO. I'd attack NPO too if I were FAN.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='pezstar' timestamp='1299288066' post='2652929']
TPF apologized to us. We worked things out and now we're allies. There were a couple of others too. I don't think it's too farfetched to think that folks ACTUALLY learned their lesson and worked to make amends. Hell, NPO apologized to us. Unfortunately for them, we were not the threat.
[/quote]

Which is exactly my point. They apologized to you, so what makes you think they didn't attempt to do the same with the others? Because of what people say? How about taking a look at the other side of the story?

I know what it's like to reach out to that side, and it's not easy. There comes a point when you realize what you are trying to do is impossible.

[quote name='Ryan Greenberg' timestamp='1299288208' post='2652932']
Hey, I sort of support FAN too. :P I don't really support their side, but I do get why they declared on NPO. I'd attack NPO too if I were FAN.
[/quote]

It doesn't really make sense for people to say stuff like this. Fundamentally, it's not a separate war and FAN hasn't had any issues with what we're doing.

[quote name='Thrash' timestamp='1299288312' post='2652937']
Which is exactly my point. They apologized to you, so what makes you think they didn't attempt to do the same with the others? Because of what people say? How about taking a look at the other side of the story?

I know what it's like to reach out to that side, and it's not easy. There comes a point when you realize what you are trying to do is impossible.
[/quote]

There are generally unpleasant alliances on both sides of the web, and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

[quote name='Jocko Homo' timestamp='1299271641' post='2652671']
The fact that anyone was surprised by this is what is surprising to me.
[/quote]

I second this. Zog and others made it very apparent and obvious that NoR was waiting to enter this front. It was only a matter of time and DT getting peace

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299290498' post='2652977']
It doesn't really make sense for people to say stuff like this. Fundamentally, it's not a separate war and FAN hasn't had any issues with what we're doing.
[/quote]
History is loaded with examples of alliances fighting beside people they don't like and against people they do, or fighting on the side of causes they don't like and opposing ones they do because of where their allies ended up. This is especially true when you are looking at the opinions of individuals. A lot of people I've spoken to have wished some of us well damaging one or another of the alliances on your side and I am sure the reverse is true as well. I don't think I've ever seen a 100% cohesive coalition before.

Edited by Penguin

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299291378' post='2652992']
I don't think anyone would debate that this has been a fairly cohesive front from the get-go and that there haven't any ill feelings between the co-combatants.
[/quote]
Hmm, then I guess I'm not really sure what surprised you by the previous comment. Oh well, it's not very important and you can message me later if you want.

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1299291378' post='2652992']
I don't think anyone would debate that this has been a fairly cohesive front from the get-go and that there haven't any ill feelings between the co-combatants.
[/quote]
I hate you.