Creating flags to represent wars

Hyperion321

Major war flags  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was looking through the custom flags today and after remembering that the NOIR flag is an option, I began to think about other possibilities for use of flags to represent more than just individual alliance communities. Perhaps the CN community artists can create flags and/or banners that are flag-sized to represent major conflicts/rivalries throughout CN history. For instance, I personally wouldn't mind wearing a flag that is representative of the Cluster$%&@ war, as that was Sparta's proudest military moment. Pacificans might want to wear a flag representative of GW3 as a symbol of their defeat of LUE. Polar's might like a UJW flag because Sponge basically flipped the world on its head. Fan might want a Karma flag as a constant reminder that they won. MK I'm sure would love a flag for noCB to remind themselves where they came from.

I think that what defines this community is the wars we fight and the people we fight against, so why not represent that theme with our flags? If you have any ideas for CN-War flags, feel free to post them here.

[quote name='Hyperion321' timestamp='1296762478' post='2618002']
I was looking through the custom flags today and after remembering that the NOIR flag is an option, I began to think about other possibilities for use of flags to represent more than just individual alliance communities. Perhaps the CN community artists can create flags and/or banners that are flag-sized to represent major conflicts/rivalries throughout CN history. For instance, I personally wouldn't mind wearing a flag that is representative of the Cluster$%&@ war, as that was Sparta's proudest military moment. Pacificans might want to wear a flag representative of GW3 as a symbol of their defeat of LUE. Polar's might like a UJW flag because Sponge basically flipped the world on its head. Fan might want a Karma flag as a constant reminder that they won. MK I'm sure would love a flag for noCB to remind themselves where they came from.

I think that what defines this community is the wars we fight and the people we fight against, so why not represent that theme with our flags? If you have any ideas for CN-War flags, feel free to post them here.
[/quote]

Its called a war ribbon, every established alliance has one. There is also a Karma flag for Karma war but is not ingame, besides we have too many flags already.

[quote name='Rotavele' timestamp='1296794274' post='2618874']
Its called a war ribbon, every established alliance has one. There is also a Karma flag for Karma war but is not ingame, besides we have too many flags already.
[/quote]

Can't wear a war ribbon in-game, but there are too many flags. I was browsing them the other day and looking at so many from alliances that don't exist any longer and thinking admin should delete them. It'd be nice if code was implemented in the game to categorize flags and actually name them, versus 'Custom 1', 'Custom 2', etc.

[quote name='Zhaan' timestamp='1296795395' post='2618893']
It'd be nice if code was implemented in the game to categorize flags and actually name them, versus 'Custom 1', 'Custom 2', etc.
[/quote]
Uh... I'm pretty sure they aren't 'Custom 1', 'Custom 2', etc. anymore. Now they're actually named what they are.

[quote name='PorkPotPie' timestamp='1296795867' post='2618905']
Uh... I'm pretty sure they aren't 'Custom 1', 'Custom 2', etc. anymore. Now they're actually named what they are.
[/quote]
This. They have their own names now. Makes digging through them a hell of a lot easier.