End of Hostilities

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1296536917' post='2614031']
Stop accepting the NPO-Doomhouse !@#$%^&* folks. If you are on the Polar-VE front one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
[/quote]
By agreeing to not enter that front, this point is moot, no?

[quote name='Port Royale' timestamp='1296536823' post='2614025']
For United Blue Directorate,
Russell07, Executive Director
Slybomber, Executive Director

[/quote]

Shame on you two. Shame shame shame. You have my resignation in protest to this farce. Adieu.

Congratulations to my friends in The Sandwich Confederation and Basketball Ninja's!
I shall send you a few gallons of NAC's best moonshine to celebrate your victory. .. wait.. errr... It appears our moonshiners have shut down their stills and are assembling cruise missiles. Oh well.. No worries, we have plenty of possum pie to send ya!

O/SC
O/BN

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296556602' post='2614537']
They came in for MCXA. MCXA peaced. This is only logical. No reason for them to keep taking damage for Polaris or Pacifica.
[/quote]

Exactly. Bloodlust consumed my mates but this was a reasonable conclusion to a reasonable war.

[b]o7 my fellow SC mates
o7 my BN allies
o7 my NEAT allies[/b]

The rivers flowed free of UBD carnage! Here's to UBD's rebuild indeed! Cause they'll surely need it. :smug:

--Mags

[quote name='Antoine Roquentin' timestamp='1296556602' post='2614537']
They came in for MCXA. MCXA peaced. This is only logical. No reason for them to keep taking damage for Polaris or Pacifica.
[/quote]

Respectful post by Umbrella. :)

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1296559556' post='2614560']
I would echo this, but he went from UBD...to an alliance that did the same thing. :mellow:
[/quote]

You mean an alliance that gave everything it had in it's war, an alliance that utterly exhausted it's military after being attacked by how many alliances? Last night before I logged out, I asked my members in the Directorate if they would accept peace with conditions. I received an outstanding no response and thus my mandate as an Executive Director was clear. No peace with conditions until our military was spent. My name is not up there because I pointedly refused to sign such [i]surrender terms[/i]. And make no mistake, that is what these are. The Directorate was in a position where a white peace without that second absurd condition was readily achievable. We spent a fraction of our warchests in our wars against BN, SC and NEAT. Several of the members still have well over a billion left in savings. We have two allies who were not engaged in the current war and would have been willing to provide support. I have no doubt that NEAT would have turned around with LSF and The Int to counter, but I would rather bow out in such a style as that then this. This is pathetic. This is the difference.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1296563670' post='2614588']
You mean an alliance that gave everything it had in it's war, an alliance that utterly exhausted it's military after being attacked by how many alliances? Last night before I logged out, I asked my members in the Directorate if they would accept peace with conditions. I received an outstanding no response and thus my mandate as an Executive Director was clear. No peace with conditions until our military was spent. My name is not up there because I pointedly refused to sign such [i]surrender terms[/i]. And make no mistake, that is what these are. The Directorate was in a position where a white peace without that second absurd condition was readily achievable. We spent a fraction of our warchests in our wars against BN, SC and NEAT. Several of the members still have well over a billion left in savings. We have two allies who were not engaged in the current war and would have been willing to provide support. I have no doubt that NEAT would have turned around with LSF and The Int to counter, but I would rather bow out in such a style as that then this. This is pathetic. This is the difference.
[/quote]

Oh quit the woe is me nonesense. You're not the only one with Trump cards bro.

After we Blitzed you, we had trouble finding Nations that didn't go hiding into PM, and the ones that we did manage to engage hardly put up a fight (though a VERY seldct few of you did manage to actually give a damn and fight, so my hats off to them).

Your other 2 Directors were far more professional to deal eith than you. I suggest you take some FAs lessons from them.

--Mags

[quote name='Nova Blue' timestamp='1296564208' post='2614593']
After we Blitzed you, we had trouble finding Nations that didn't go hiding into PM, and the ones that we did manage to engage hardly put up a fight (though a VERY seldct few of you did manage to actually give a damn and fight, so my hats off to them).
[/quote]

Haha, and why should we just let you hit our nations?

[quote]I have ordered half of our reserves in. It will take a few days for them to engage due to peace mode game mechanics. I focused on BN, for the most part. The should be joining about the 2nd.
[/quote]

From Watchman, Director of Defence, 30th of January. Don't think we were stupid.

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1296563670' post='2614588']
... Last night before I logged out, I asked my members in the Directorate if they would accept peace with conditions. I received an outstanding no response and thus my mandate as an Executive Director was clear. No peace with conditions until our military was spent...
[/quote]

We meant to ask about that... The image that you sent to Cheezy to show the 'vote':

[img]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/JackShepardLostIsland/surr.jpg[/img]

Just how exactly did you get 11 votes onto that puppy when the topic only has 8 views? :D

[quote name='mdnss69' timestamp='1296564553' post='2614597']
Haha, and why should we just let you hit our nations?

From Watchman, Director of Defence, 30th of January. Don't think we were stupid.
[/quote]

Did I say you should? C'mon man keep up.

I'm saying don't go around boasting and bad mouthing your old Alliance when you really have no foundation from which to do so. Especially going around calling this pathetic when you spent hours on IRC quarelling over one word: surrender and repeatedly trying to scare us in whom you can drag into the War at your whim (Europa do you really want to dragged into things like this by mdnss?).

Again I repeat: take a few lessons from those same UBD Directors you just bashed, because they are far better at this than you.

--Mags

Stop accepting the NPO-Doomhouse !@#$%^&* folks. If you are on the Polar-VE front one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
[/quote]

What does it matter? If alliances pursuing peace had any intention of entering on the NPO - Doomhouse front then they wouldn't agree to those terms.

They've fought for allies, don't give them grief for something that doesn't matter.

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1296565287' post='2614601']
We meant to ask about that... The image that you sent to Cheezy to show the 'vote':

[img]http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu110/JackShepardLostIsland/surr.jpg[/img]

Just how exactly did you get 11 votes onto that puppy when the topic only has 8 views? :D
[/quote]
Just how exactly did he get 11 votes? Seriously, this is UBD.

[/quote]
It's okay, magicninja. They're just acknowledging the fact that Polar was attacked because Doomhouse wanted to roll NPO.

Congratulations on the white peace UBD. You entered a war to defend your ally as did we, I'm glad we could part ways once MCXA surrendered.

Mdnss69, I suggest you actually stop whinging and instead of joining an alliance that actually admitted to surrendering, do something to back up your words. Hell, if it wasn't for me arguing continually with BN, NEAT and SC members that your idiocy should be disregarded UBD would still be at war.

[quote= Madness]We spent a fraction of our warchests in our wars against BN, SC and NEAT. Several of the members still have well over a billion left in savings.
[/quote]

Another tall tale. The largest warchest in the alliance was just over 1 billion, belonging to a nation in peace mode with 60,000 NS. Your largest nation (no longer) had a war chest less than half that. The overall picture of UBD was far worse with most warchests inadequate. The nation I was fighting, with 25,000 NS only had 51 million and now has only 30 million. If the war had last even one week it would have devastated UBD.

At least UBD will emerge from this conflict with one less useless embarrassment of a leader.

There is way too much to respond to here. So, let me simply say that MCXA and her enemies came to an acceptable agreement for cessation of hostilities. Since we got into the war for the sake of MCXA, it seemed counter-productive to continue.

As to the re-entry term, that was certainly a sticking point in talks, but in the end, we really had no legitimate way of re-entering the war, anyway. We checked with our allies and came to a conclusion that this was a redundant clause - 'we won't re-enter a war that we weren't going to re-enter anyway.' If members of the international community want to stoop to using such semantics to lambaste UBD, they are perfectly welcome to do so. It matters little.

Mdnss is Mdnss. <_< Farewell, Mdnss and good luck to you.

Despite some of their posting ITT, BN, SC, and NEAT were really a great group of people to work with. Things remained civil and honorable. We hold no ill will toward them at all.

o/ Peace

[quote name='Jack Shepard' timestamp='1296565287' post='2614601']

[/quote]

Of course it's a forgery. I did what I had to do. In truth, last I checked the vote was 9:1 in favour, any of the others will confirm that.

[quote name='Bordiga' timestamp='1296571673' post='2614649']
Another tall tale. The largest warchest in the alliance was just over 1 billion, belonging to a nation in peace mode with 60,000 NS. Your largest nation (no longer) had a war chest less than half that. The overall picture of UBD was far worse with most warchests inadequate. The nation I was fighting, with 25,000 NS only had 51 million and now has only 30 million. If the war had last even one week it would have devastated UBD.
[/quote]

Strange, one of the five I was fighting had 32m in his pot. I could tell you five nations in UBD that started with over a billion in warchest, and I know at least two of them had greater than 900m left afterwards. That argument is pointless eitherway.

Sad to see the way things went in fairness. But anyway, I make my exit from UBD, this thread, this mish-mash of wrangling [well you can think of a word here], and from global politics. I bid you adieu.

One of the five? What absurdity. Guess that proves... nothing.

Given you are a confirmed liar, and that we covered every nation in UBD that was in war mode above 20,000 NS, I find it very unlikely that there were all these wonderful warchests out there just waiting to be discovered. You would have led your alliance that you are now ditching so blithely into a destructive and pointless continuation of war, and no doubt refused responsibility as well.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' timestamp='1296537176' post='2614056']
Come again? :huh:

I suppose it was kind of NEAT & co to humor your fear of the word 'surrender', but don't kid yourselves, that's exactly what's happened here.
[/quote]

You seem to be taking this kind of personally...lose a bar bet did we? <_<

FYI: This war has two theaters of operation and is very much a single war with related causes, alliances, blocs, and objectives. Let the historians sort it out when all this is over.