Name that war!

Ernesto Che Guevara

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1295349165' post='2581090']
I vote for the VE-NpO War. Or if it expands, the PB-NpO War.

Naming wars random stuff to try to sound interesting :((
[/quote]

Well your "PB-NpO war" makes me think of peanut butter. So for the sake the of randomness you [i]so[/i] love, I say call it the peanut butter and blueberry jelly sandwich war (blue being a vague reference to NpO). Then after everyone votes for it, I'll get the pleasure of watching you write it 300 times in the Wiki ;)
:P

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1295499016' post='2584979']
This is the Meatloaf War.
[/quote]

No I thik it should be The Meatshield War, since so many of the bigger AAs seem to be dancing around this one like ballerinas trying to avoid a pool of broken glass while sending in the small/medium AAs. :P

Other offerings: "It's not a CB, It's Lennox" War, The Penguin Brief

Edit: Forgot to second Sal's 'No CB War II'; it's simple, it's elegant, and I have a feeling we will be seeing more of these. :gag:

Edited by Mirreille

[quote name='rrkilledme' timestamp='1295480208' post='2584425']If this war goes badly we could call it noPB.[/quote]

Honestly we could call it that either way, so long as this is not a reference to a PB loss. Seeing as this is quite reminiscent of the noCB war (most especially in respects to Polar), many people have proposed calling it noCB II, etc, others are are quite opposed in a large part because noCB is not universally as well recognized as some other names. Calling it noPB, is a homage to the noCB relationship, while not outright duplicating it, as well as inclusive of the central antagonists of polar and PB.

[quote name='zzzptm' timestamp='1295499016' post='2584979']This is the Meatloaf War.

Alliances seem to keep singing the same tune when it comes to liking the CB... "I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)". Or, when honoring treaties, "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad." Some people hit Peace Mode like a "Bat Out of Hell". And, for everyone not yet in the war, they're "All Revved Up with No Place to Go."

This is the Meatloaf War.

[i]I wanna know right now!
Do you love me?
Will you honor my treaty?
Let me sleep on it
Baby baby let me sleep on it
Let me sleep on it
I'll launch a stagger in the morning...[/i][/quote]

While absolutely hilarious, the trouble is that much like the suggestion "Cluster^#%* War", nearly EVERY war includes such elements. On pure craziness and meatloaf songs, this war has not yet surpassed many previous wars, therefore neither is really appropriately unique.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1295563545' post='2587293']Everything Must Die War[/quote]

"EMD War" lol I like that one mate, that would be a very good one, but would be more appropriate if this:

#1 stayed balanced enough and lasts long enough that serious damage is caused to most all of the participants (not just a single side as is usually the case, since then it is "less than half of everything died")

and

#2 grew in size enough to be the biggest war in history. If you will recall Karma peaked at including essentially half of all the nations on the planet, over half the officially recognized alliances, and more than half of all the nukes and NS on the planet. BiPolar was similarly close to such as well. Thus any war that fails to at least pass those ratios, just cant be really be the "everything must die war".

Now something that keeps cropping up is the play on PB initials as peanut butter, for example even in the stats thread:
[quote name='Cerridwyn' timestamp='1295667866' post='2590628']No offense Polar guys

PB - peanut butter

Polar's side - Jelly

PB and J[/quote]

I feel that this is probably the best theme for a working title, and I know I have seen it creeping into IRC often (or at least a massive increases in "Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time" jokes, imagery, and videos).

So if we have to pick one it seems that the community has already gone with the "Peanut Butter Blueberry Jelly Time War" theme.... :blush:

Let's see... according to the war stats, 1/5 of all of CN is involved in this war.

So let's call this the Bandwagon War.

EDIT: Woops, now we're up to almost 1/3 of all of CN being involved in this war.

Edited by Kell Shock

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295719063' post='2592111']
Clearly people it's the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4"]Admiral Akbar[/url] War.
[/quote]

I am surprised we have not seen propaganda featuring Admiral Ackbar yet.

In deference to the previous suggestions regarding PB involvement: The Peanut Butter Polar Time War. That ought to be good for some awful propaganda images.

Considering how VE and NpO just won't leave each other alone, we really should just shut up, get a room, and nuke each other so everyone else can get some sleep.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295719063' post='2592111']
Clearly people it's the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dddAi8FF3F4"]Admiral Akbar[/url] War.
[/quote]
Hm. On that note:

Polar Wars, Episode III: The Impero Strikes Back :v:

Preceded by: Polar Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Drones (TOP-C&G)
Preceded by: Polar Wars, Episode I: The Phantom \m/enace (NpO-\m/)

Episode II could use some work (interpret however you wish). But you get the picture. :P

A few suggested names I've come across:

- Global [u]War[/u]ming
- The Endangered Species War
- The Food Chain War
- The Pandora's Bear War
- The Double Standard War
- Closing Pandora's Box
- The Ice Breaking War
- The War for PolarBearia
- The War with No CB

I'll continue to post any other funny/clever/lolwut names I hear or make up.

[quote name='James Dahl' timestamp='1295643665' post='2589507']
Cluster$%&@ II, Even Cluster$%&@ier
[/quote]

Cluster$%&@ II: Electric Boogaloo

Edit: Also wanted to say that none of the names people have come up for are any good.

Edited by Hereno

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1295331027' post='2580404']
For $%&@s sake why do people post these !@#$%* threads and then nominate the stupidest names?
[/quote]
I don't understand why people start these things 5 minutes into a war, either. It was 40 years before World War 1 was called World War 1. Shut the hell up and let the war develop.

[quote name='Bobogoobo' timestamp='1295836619' post='2595185']
No, we call it what the majority of the community decides to call it.
[/quote]

This is a complete lie. The BiPolar War was called the Second Unjust War on the wiki until August, even though nobody ever called it that.