Declaration of War From the Viridian Entente

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295365761' post='2581416']
Because unlike VE, FAN was actually attacked in a completely verifiable and indisputable way (a spy operation directed against one of their nations) and thus their response (to attack) was unquestionably in the right.
[/quote]
Do you see the double standard here? I'm mean come on, do you?

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295365998' post='2581423']
You'd better get back in your bedroom before I blister that butt.
[/quote]
Haha. Now see, this was a good retort. Much better than the wild eyed, foaming at the mouth type statements we sometimes see you make in regards to my alliance.

Anyways, I have no hate for NpO and I hope both sides can enjoy themselves while blowing stuff up and having a little fun.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295367812' post='2581466']The blood of loyal and truehearted Viridians such as yourself has been misappropriated by the sycophantic office of the Lord Protector for too long.[/quote]
Ah, but 'tis always the way with such people. The blindly loyal become pawns for the kingmakers.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' timestamp='1295367857' post='2581468']Do you see the double standard here? I'm mean come on, do you?[/quote]
Not really a double standard. FAN had one of their nations attacked directly (with a spy op) by a nation of the offending alliance. Pretty clear cut.
On the other hand, VE was supposedly deliberately targeted by NpO because a spy with a grudge set them (NpO) up.

I don't really see the comparison.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1295367318' post='2581459']
I said losing battles. UjW was the furthest thing from a fight that a person can mention, and it proves exactly what I have always said about VE: That they will wag their little tail for anybody and do whatever they're told so long as they get to exist.
[/quote]
We're just the battered wife of the rest of Pandora's box after all!

[quote name='Lord Caspian' timestamp='1295369005' post='2581497']
From what I remember, Fark apologized for your behaviour in that thread as well so you've hardly got a leg to stand on.
[/quote]
I never claimed VE never disbanded, and it was VE's Q&A to sell their application to SF, not the other way around.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1295364169' post='2581363']
The New Polar Order did not commit an act of aggression. They did not send a spy into VE in an attempt to gain information and corrupt them from the inside. An individual, who was not a member of NpO, had already decided to spy on VE. "They committed an act of aggression and this is a defensive war!" is just an easy way for VE's war to go smoothly and without complications for "that side" of the web. [/quote]

This. I love you VE, but you're rolling them for being stupid enough to allow themselves to be set up by a guy with a grudge who was friendly with Dajobo, not because they were actively running a spy ring. You should of asked for his resignation, or Dajobo's head on a platter at the worst, not rolled the whole alliance. Warchest info a day 1 member can see? Really? You've got every right to roll someone for any reason you deem fit, but this whole thing is stupid that it's going to come to this. Blow them up because you don't like them, blow them up cause you think they're a threat, but at least be honest about it.

You're our brothers, and you know I'll always luv ya, but man, I think this could of been avoided in 3 minutes with some cooler heads in a room.

Edited by Midkn1ght

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1295369899' post='2581514']
Just think that more diplomacy should have been given more thought. And I don't really like seeing curbstomps much.
[/quote]

The only thing that would make this a curb stomp is preemptive self-defeatism.

Wow, page 45 already... <_<

Ok, we have here several classic no-nos:

1. Trusting anyone that would use a Bin Laden avatar. :psyduck:
2. Trusting anyone that was ever associated with NSO. :psyduck::psyduck:
3. Joking around about spying, then actually having a peek at the results of spying. :facepalm:
4. Associating with bored people, intent on stirring up trouble with no clear agenda other than lulz in the facepalm sense. :blink:
5. Alliance that all but backstabbed previous allies leaving them to burn as they got cut down in a frontal assault on C&G getting within 50 feet of screenshots they should never see. :facepalm:

Yeah, this is going to enjoyable to watch, sorta. :popcorn:

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1295370215' post='2581520']
The only thing that would make this a curb stomp is preemptive self-defeatism.
[/quote]

Or NpO's allies deciding that facing Umbrella, MK, Athens, and a host of others aren't great combat odds. But I'm rooting for your war, honest. ;)

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='abdur' timestamp='1295369899' post='2581514']
Just think that more diplomacy should have been given more thought. And I don't really like seeing curbstomps much.
[/quote]
Excessive diplomacy is the reason we haven't had a war in so long. There comes a few times in our lives when one must say: $%&@ Diplomacy. A second in command of an alliance aiding and abetting a spy after nearly a full year of blue balls is absolutely one of those times.

Unless you'd rather we all just sit around and talk at each other until the end of the world?

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1295370087' post='2581517']I think this could of been avoided in 3 minutes with some cooler heads in a room.[/quote]
See above. People like you are what is wrong with the world.

Edited by Voytek

[quote name='Midkn1ght' timestamp='1295370087' post='2581517']
Blow them up because you don't like them, blow them up cause you think they're a threat, but at least be honest about it.
[/quote]
This. I would have loved if you just attacked us because you don't like us or if we were considered a threat. [i]Would[/i] have been an awesome DoW.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295362776' post='2581333']
Well, if you do actually manage to go against what Hoo seems to have noticed, grow a pair and defend your ally then I'll be quite pleasantly surprised, won't I.
Until then, I'll continue to criticise cowardice when I see it. :v:
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/qzkruv.jpg[/IMG]

Allow me to direct your attention [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96899]to this thread[/url] for a moment, where people tell your alliance to grow a pair for over 20 pages.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1295370263' post='2581521']
Or NpO's allies deciding that facing Umbrella, MK, Athens, and a host of others aren't great combat odds. But I'm rooting for your war, honest. ;)
[/quote]

Nah, it's because they are scared of PC and iFOK. :awesome:

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1295370462' post='2581526'][IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/qzkruv.jpg[/IMG]

Allow me to direct your attention [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=96899]to this thread[/url] for a moment, where people tell your alliance to grow a pair for over 20 pages.[/quote]
Not my alliance that needed to grow a pair, unfortunately. <_<
Also, it is worth noting that some of the players so keen on war against Polar were... not so keen on war against certain other [i]agents provocateur[/i].

Thus, I call a double standard. But nice try (not) at making a relevant entry to the thread.

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1295370284' post='2581523']
Excessive diplomacy is the reason we haven't had a war in so long. There comes a few times in our lives when one must say: $%&@ Diplomacy. A second in command of an alliance aiding and abetting a spy after nearly a full year of blue balls is absolutely one of those times.

Unless you'd rather we all just sit around and talk at each other until the end of the world?

See above. People like you are what is wrong with the world.
[/quote]

You can't argue that VE is within the right for starting the war for IC reasons and at the same time argue boredom and OOC reasons and we haven't had war in too long.

This kind of crap needs to stop. Take a stand IC, please.

--Oops, you have, what I meant was actually stick to it instead of running to the "we're bored" argument

Edited by Cairna

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1295371122' post='2581542']
No, you still would have cried about it.
[/quote]
I don't know about Polar, but I'd have found it hilarious that someone finally manned up enough to use this as a CB for a large-scale war.

[quote name='Arrnea' timestamp='1295370977' post='2581540']
Not my alliance that needed to grow a pair, unfortunately. <_<
Also, it is worth noting that some of the players so keen on war against Polar were... not so keen on war against certain other [i]agents provocateur[/i].

Thus, I call a double standard. But nice try (not) at making a relevant entry to the thread.
[/quote]

Boo. Hoo.

Maybe it's you?

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1295371268' post='2581548']Boo. Hoo.

Maybe it's you?[/quote]
There's a difference between sticking up for yourself and taking the bait. :smug:
VE seems to have done the latter, if I guess Lennox's intentions properly (assuming VE is in good faith when they say that they didn't put Lennox up to it).

In any case, we digress. This is about VE, iFOK, PC, Misfits and Polar... not the SOS Brigade.

Edited by Arrnea