Cinco De GATO

Laserwolf

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations GATO, I've been proud to call you guys my allies!

Onwards to 6 years!

[edit]

Oh, and while we're sharing GATO art, I might as well post the current GATO pip from our forums.

[img]http://b.imagehost.org/0303/gato.png[/img]

(Artwork by Scorponok)

o/ GATO

Edited by Skippy

[quote name='Owned-You' timestamp='1294875811' post='2573527']
Congrats on reaching 5 yrs GATO. I've got a question, did Walford help build GATO?

(Sadly, I think there are few left who even know that name)
[/quote]

He was a member during the GW Era which was not only a pivotal time for GATO but for all of Bob as well. After GWIII Walford was banned from serving in GATO government by the terms handed down by NPO. After that Walford went on to become an outspoken none rights activist.

Being back from the dead for that outstanding day is really worthy to enter BanLand forever...

Congratulations GATO and GATOans of new and old.

GATO has been a home for 3 and a half years for me. During that time, we endured so much and yet it felt as a family.

For me, the highlights:

- Being recruited by the most awesome woman to have ever graced the face of Bob: Dasgirl.
- GW I, where I cowered and ran away as the wimp that I was.
- The coup, when we lost so much and yet regained a sense of pride that had been so remarkably slowly destroyed by the NPO... That event alone, with hindsight brought us out of the WAE syndrome we were all beginning to take for the truth.
- GW II, III and I must admit, I lost count...
- The repetitive FA frack-ups.
- The great curbstomp, (was it NoVision? I don't remember anymore...) that showed to the world, as well as to ourselves what we were really made of in term of dedication.
- The year of submission to the NPO... where well... I discovered the NPO.
- Finally for me... the roster and GMMF, :P

So many great peoples have been at a moment or another, part of GATO, that I can't even begin to enumerate them.

To all of you, I say thank you. You made of a "foolish internet game" a human experience that made of me, a more complete human being.

I tip my hat to you, GATO and GATOans.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1294879410' post='2573585']
He was a member during the GW Era which was not only a pivotal time for GATO but for all of Bob as well. After GWIII Walford was banned from serving in GATO government by the terms handed down by NPO. After that Walford went on to become an outspoken none rights activist.
[/quote]

I see then, that makes sense. I never knew him to be a member of GATO only as the martyr unaligned around the world. Thanks for the quick response though.

Wow, this thread brought Turbo back from the dead, I honestly couldn't be happier.

I have been part of GATO for the majority share of my four years here on planet bob. GATO has endured where most alliances would have crumbled and fallen years ago. I never would have thought I would have found such a vibrant, eclectic, community on a browser based game. To those who have never experienced GATO personally, you can never fully understand what this alliance is. I am honored to have fought side by side with each and every one of them.

GATO has been here since the beginning. We will be here until this world disappears.

Strength in Unity. Honor in Justice.

07 GATO

I am honored to be part of this incredible community and to have know many of the finest people on plant bob.
o/ GATO
o/ Many more memorable years

Happy birthday GATO! Didn't find my avatar there ( :( ) but I was only there for 5 months in 2006-2007, a mere fraction of the time that you've been on this earth. Being a GATOan gave me my first two ZIs, though, and I was there for GWII and GWIII. My second two came from Zenith.

Edit: GMMF FTW!

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1294886481' post='2573676']
Happy birthday GATO! Didn't find my avatar there ( :( ) but I was only there for 5 months in 2006-2007, a mere fraction of the time that you've been on this earth. Being a GATOan gave me my first two ZIs, though, and I was there for GWII and GWIII. My second two came from Zenith.

Edit: GMMF FTW!
[/quote]

Hello Org, long time no see :P

You know what would be awesome? If all the old GATOans in this thread came home :P

The revolving door still works you know.

[quote name='kerschbs' timestamp='1294887473' post='2573696']
Hello Org, long time no see :P

You know what would be awesome? If all the old GATOans in this thread came home :P

The revolving door still works you know.
[/quote]
Hey Kersh!

I haven't been in GATO's channel in a while (or any channel other than TFD's for that matter), but whenever I'm there it's fun to see how many old friends still hang out there.

As for the revolving door, I have this thing about never going back once I've left a place. I only go forwards.

Edited by Duncan King