Legio Frigidum

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292216017' post='2538131']
I'm not a Legion hater myself, actually, but I seem to recall some little hiccups around the time of Bipolar.
[/quote]

I'm not sure why others think those mistakes make Legion a bad alliance. Indeed, there is not much to justify the irrational hate that many here show for Legion. But then again, this is planet bob so I shouldn't really expect reason from most posters here.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Locke' timestamp='1292215830' post='2538123']
So much for purple love

[/quote]

*heh*, I'm a former Polar and I still love them. It doesn't mean I don't agree with CJ somewhat. :P

Confusion.

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1292217126' post='2538151']
I'm not sure why others think those mistakes make Legion a bad alliance. Indeed, there is not much to justify the irrational hate that many here show for Legion. But then again, this is planet bob so I shouldn't really expect reason from most posters here.
[/quote]
I wouldn't say that they're hated as much as incredibly easy to mock and are, therefore, heavily mocked.

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292216684' post='2538140']
Everyone keeps laughing at Polaris for allying the "WORSTEST ALLIANCE EVAR", but yet I fail to see why. Legion has not $%&@ed anything up in a long long while. In fact, I see some of the people doing the mocking in much worse alliances than Legion.

Congratulations Polaris and Legion!
[/quote]
I don't think many people are saying that, they were already treatied to the worst alliance ever.

[quote name='Axolotlia' timestamp='1292215909' post='2538128']

My guess is NPO and NpO are getting back together again :v:
[/quote]

Actually, a few of us "evil pacificans" were placing bets on how long it would take for some genius to say that. WC won. Damn you WC!!

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292216684' post='2538140']
Everyone keeps laughing at Polaris for allying the "WORSTEST ALLIANCE EVAR", but yet I fail to see why. Legion has not $%&@ed anything up in a long long while. In fact, I see some of the people doing the mocking in much worse alliances than Legion.

Congratulations Polaris and Legion!
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm sorry, but the Worst Alliance Ever would be UPN, who is already an NpO ally. Legion is just ridiculously inept, to the point where it isn't even a good meat shield. I'm not sure what the NpO is thinking right now, but if I were a member I'd really be missing that MK treaty right now if this is the best the alliance can get as a replacement.[/color]

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292218227' post='2538169']
One could say your own alliance is due Mr. Yankees.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No, you couldn't. Unlike some alliances the ODN does not have a history of making stupid mistakes. In fact, for all that you could say about them (example: Option Defense Network), the ODN isn't known for either being stupid or making mistakes. The same cannot be said about Legion.[/color]

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1292218350' post='2538171']
One could, now what is your point?
[/quote]
My point being that many of the people saying that Legion sucks and is the worse alliance ever aren't in that great of an alliance themselves.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1292218389' post='2538172']
[color="#0000FF"]No, you couldn't. Unlike some alliances the ODN does not have a history of making stupid mistakes. In fact, for all that you could say about them (example: Option Defense Network), the ODN isn't known for either being stupid or making mistakes. The same cannot be said about Legion.[/color]
[/quote]
I seem to remember a distinct period of time where ODN was ridiculed non-stop. For that to happen, a mistake must be made.

However, I'm going to take my leave and just wish Polaris and Legion another congratulations and good luck.

Edited by youwish959

[quote name='youwish959' timestamp='1292218659' post='2538176']
My point being that many of the people saying that Legion sucks and is the worse alliance ever aren't in that great of an alliance themselves.

I seem to remember a distinct period for a ridiculous period of time non-stop. For that to happen, a mistake must be made.

However, I'm going to take my leave and just wish Polaris and Legion another congratulations and good luck.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Funny, I don't remember any distinct "ridiculous" period of time of what I'm assuming you're saying was full of non-stop mistakes, and I've been around for four years. Also, yes, you're right, most alliances are not that great, but they are all infinitely better than the Legion. Being a bad alliance and being the Legion are not the same thing. I am afraid that the Legion does not even qualify as a bad alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1292212708' post='2538030']
Holy !@#$, I am quite literally dying of laughter. Bravo sir, you are comedy gold.

If I was an ally to Polaris, and they didn't inform me they were treatying the worst alliance ever, an action that could potentially put my alliance at risk if Legion $%&@s up, I'd drop them tonight.
[/quote]
I wasn't aware that Polaris treatied BoS