Legio Frigidum

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1292215697' post='2538116']Man, hating Legion was fun, but now you guys are just making it stupid.
[/quote]Welcome to the modern world where pathologically perpetuating irrational hate is fashionable and any degree of objectivity is frowned upon!

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1292217745' post='2538162']
[color="#0000FF"]Legion, really? You guys could do a lot better.[/color]
[/quote]Don't worry RV. We have room for both you and Legion in our heart.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1292219496' post='2538187']
Z'ha'dum would be proud. You have honored Abraxis' memory.
[/quote]Amusing if this is a dig at Legion. Puzzling if it's a dig at Polar.

Nonetheless, no u and all that jazz.

[quote name='Delta1212' timestamp='1292223354' post='2538260']I understand why you might do this, but I still think it was a serious misstep.[/quote]Announcing before we had heart-to-hearts with all of our allies was a misstep. This treaty...well time will tell, though I'm fairly confident it will only yield positive results for both signatories. Mostly because the most overt negative reprecussion thus far has been the revealation of a long simmering hatred.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292228658' post='2538310']
*snip* This treaty...well time will tell, though I'm fairly confident it will only yield positive results for both signatories. Mostly because the most overt negative reprecussion thus far has been [b]the revealation of a long simmering hatred[/b].
[/quote]

When has anyone ever been shy about letting Legion know that they're the Worst Alliance Ever?

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1292228783' post='2538311']
When has anyone ever been shy about letting Legion know that they're the Worst Alliance Ever?
[/quote]I was actually refering to the "lolar" sentiments I've seen expressed both here, and quite profusely on IRC. Mostly from MKers, though the PB, TOP and \m/ types certainly haven't tried to hide their feelings.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292228903' post='2538312']
I was actually refering to the "lolar" sentiments I've seen expressed both here, and quite profusely on IRC. Mostly from MKers, though the PB, TOP and \m/ types certainly haven't tried to hide their feelings.
[/quote]

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1292228326' post='2538304']
[img]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b306/mmeehan/randomint.png[/img]

I suppose at the very least, this provides the rest of the world with something to point and laugh at.
[/quote]Protip: Sigs are excellent when they have succinct quotes from the people they intend to parody, not when they have the better part of a rambling paragraph you just pull out of your ass.

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1292229073' post='2538313']
Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.
[/quote]Just doing my part ma'am.

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292229258' post='2538315']
Protip: Sigs are excellent when they have succinct quotes from the people they intend to parody, not when they have the better part of a rambling paragraph you just pull out of your ass.
[/quote]

Noted and appreciated. I'll keep that in mind for the future, sport.

Just to be clear though: Given that downright hilarious quote from your Emperor and the treaty with Legion, I am actually convinced that your government thinks in rambling Comic Sans.

[quote name='Professor Chaos' timestamp='1292230500' post='2538323']
Noted and appreciated. I'll keep that in mind for the future, sport.

Just to be clear though: Given that downright hilarious quote from your Emperor and the treaty with Legion, I am actually convinced that your government thinks in rambling Comic Sans.
[/quote]Agree to disagree.

[quote name='ddog241' timestamp='1292230666' post='2538325']
really? really? legion? really? i could have went meh if you signed with NPO but come on legion?
[/quote]Whoopie?

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1292231891' post='2538333']
Yes, and it's going to be truly wonderful.
[/quote]
Well don't get too excited just yet, the last time Polar had meatshields on backorder it was enough to win by sheer numbers :v:

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1292231891' post='2538333']
Yes, and it's going to be truly wonderful.
[/quote][url=http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-4-2010/the-mourning-after]What precisely does "it" refer to in this sentence? Isn't "it" just a substitute generic for whatever you project onto "it"? I mean as far as pronouns go, "it" is amongst the vaguest.[/url]

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1292231957' post='2538334']
Well don't get too excited just yet, the last time Polar had meatshields on backorder it was enough to win by sheer numbers :v:
[/quote]
You know as well as I war doesn't work quite like that anymore, especially with smaller alliances having bigger upper tiers than huge ones in some cases, and that being the where wars are won. Then with meatshields of such terrible quality as this it's not so bad. Point taken, though :v:

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292232931' post='2538337']
[url=http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-november-4-2010/the-mourning-after]What precisely does "it" refer to in this sentence? Isn't "it" just a substitute generic for whatever you project onto "it"? I mean as far as pronouns go, "it" is amongst the vaguest.[/url]
[/quote]
[ooc]Can't see it thanks to American media imperialism.[/ooc] Still, I laughed.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Fallen Fool' timestamp='1292228903' post='2538312']
I was actually refering to the "lolar" sentiments I've seen expressed both here, and quite profusely on IRC. Mostly from MKers, though the PB, TOP and \m/ types certainly haven't tried to hide their feelings.
[/quote]
Thats quite suprising really considering the amiable way in which you've all conducted yourselves towards these alliances.
I wouldn't take it to heart though, they're probably just jealous.

[quote name='Vanilla Napalm' timestamp='1292234675' post='2538349']
Thats quite suprising really considering the amiable way in which you've all conducted yourselves towards these alliances.
I wouldn't take it to heart though, they're probably just jealous.
[/quote]

Who wouldn't be jealous? They're besties with Legion now! :awesome:

Congratulations on the treaty, it has generated a lot of discussion so it should be interesting to see what happens next.

I either haven't been paying attention or it was before my ascension to ruler status, but I never understood exactly why Legion was so hated. Seems almost like something one learns and refuses new information on like "buy a Harbor first". I get the Polar stuff, although I remember they had a lot of sniffers before Bi-Polar. If someone wants to shoot me a PM and point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.