Dear VE, A dear message from TKTB's supposed spy

WasDrogan

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1292133471' post='2537122']
He knew for quite some time that he had that mask. In fact, he joked about possibly still having the access shortly before he logged in.

It wasn't 'stupid' from his point of view -- he didn't think that server logs were collected.

Trust me, he logged in. He admitted it to Jewel, and that's not being contested by anyone involved.

Please do try to catch up.
[/quote]

where did i say he did not log in? i am wondering about who gave him the second mask and when. the only thing i mentioned about his logging in was why he would think he would still have a mask. if he was stupid enough to actually log in and snoop around, then VE can have at him. i have not contested that in the least.

what i am curious about is if any investigation is going on in regards to who gave him the second mask.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DictatatorDan' timestamp='1292077389' post='2536360']
[color="#FF0000"]I don't let my freinds burn. TKTB is letting one of their members burn; for you guys, it's only a convienent excuse that he resigned.[/color]
[/quote]

+1

This thread is a complete indictment of TKTB IMHO. What a cowardly alliance.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292090199' post='2536527']
My roomate moves out and no longer lives at my place and forgets to give me his/her key back. 6 months later he/she comes in to my house and digs around and that is my fault. Should i have changed the lock considering there was a key out there probably but as my ex roomate was a friend should i have worried about it. Im just saying that is one of the most stupidest arguments ive seen there. Im sorry officer but the bank door was open so i just went in and helped myself. There is right and wrong and if Was crossed that line he needs to be accountable. Yes the security guy screwed the pooch here but just because he made a mistake does not justify someone crossing the line and entering areas they shouldnt have been in. :facepalm:

:wub: delta
[/quote]
It's called shared culpability, happens every day. Yes it [b]is[/b] your fault for not changing the locks just as its his fault for walking in. Epic fail dude.

[quote name='lanceman1972' timestamp='1292135045' post='2537147']
+1

This thread is a complete indictment of TKTB IMHO. What a cowardly alliance.
[/quote]

Considering Drogan did essentially what NSO did for NPO (or whoever it was) when they got in that war not to too long ago?

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1292133750' post='2537126']
where did i say he did not log in? i am wondering about who gave him the second mask and when. the only thing i mentioned about his logging in was why he would think he would still have a mask. if he was stupid enough to actually log in and snoop around, then VE can have at him. i have not contested that in the least.

what i am curious about is if any investigation is going on in regards to who gave him the second mask.
[/quote]

I'm guessing that two people added him to the list initially without realizing the other person had added him. That's complete conjecture, though.

Who knows how he knew. Maybe he had tested the login a few days after he left. *shrug* Once again, just a guess.

And no, there doesn't need to be an 'investigation'. Once again, there would be no reason to try to give him access... the person giving the access already had access to the material themselves.

He knew for quite some time that he had that mask. In fact, he joked about possibly still having the access shortly before he logged in.

It wasn't 'stupid' from his point of view -- he didn't think that server logs were collected.

Trust me, he logged in. He admitted it to Jewel, and that's not being contested by anyone involved.

[/quote]
Oh? First you snitch on the guy now you come to his thread to bash him? Class freakin' act.

Snitch.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1292098970' post='2536682']
3. Login logs indicate this, and sever logs indicate what he viewed on the night in question. It was warchest information.
[/quote]
You know, this seems really familiar. :awesome:

[quote name='Voytek' timestamp='1292073498' post='2536320']
Stunt Blue Micro #4 trying to engage with its betters as though it possesses any measure of worth, how surprising.
[/quote]
From what I've experienced with VE and their "diplomacy" I'd have to say they are hardly the "better" alliance here.

[/quote]

This is basically why I avoid Skype. Skype gives people the illusion that they are talking to people that are their friends or care about them, everyone starts talking about things, then hello! here comes somebody with a stick and they want your money or your infra.
This is a public service announcement: This is a political word, no ifs, ands, or buts--your only friend is you. Any old dirt bag will yuck it up with you and the second things get serious the queries start flying and the cash starts changing hands.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1292140201' post='2537199']
You know, this seems really familiar. :awesome:
[/quote]
[quote name='Caliph' timestamp='1292140364' post='2537203']
From what I've experienced with VE and their "diplomacy" I'd have to say they are hardly the "better" alliance here.
[/quote]
Yeah no joke the irony of this situation is mouthwatering, but since the rockers with the details won't take their golden opportunity it's a little disappointing.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1292139767' post='2537195']
Oh? First you snitch on the guy now you come to his thread to bash him? Class freakin' act.

Snitch.
[/quote]
I didn't realize this part of planet bob had turned into the ghetto, I would avoid it at all costs but the comedic relief some of you provide is just too great.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' timestamp='1292132077' post='2537108']
who is to say that the information is what mattered? i would suspect the CB that could have been used against TKTB and thus drawing in of TKTB's allies would be the end game. the information that was accessed did not matter. so it could very well be that the person issuing the masks did not do this simply to spy but to establish a CB against an alliance.

that is not much of a stretch at all. and who honestly knows if Wasdragon was involved or not. he may have been stupid enough to log back into NORAD (though, why he would log into NORAD when i would assume he was smart enough to realize he would have been demasked there. it is not even like accessing a forum really as the OPSEC for NORAD tends to be very strict, or at least that is how i remembered it) and snoop around but i still want to know when the 2nd mask was set up. it could have been set up after Wasdragon left VE and his first mask was taken away.

so actually no. if you wanted a valid CB, this is one of the better ways to go about getting it.
[/quote]

[font="Georgia"]If this was an elaborate plot by VE to set up TKTB, I'm fairly certain the two would be at war right now. WasDragon wouldn't have left TKTB if he was involved in this, since that's what brought TKTB in the line of fire in the first place. For the love of god, take off that tin foil hat and give it to someone who knows how to use it properly; you're tarnishing its good name. [/font]

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1292141577' post='2537218']
Yeah no joke the irony of this situation is mouthwatering, but since the rockers with the details won't take their golden opportunity it's a little disappointing.
[/quote]
I know all I need to know about this situation. It is no secret I do not like VE, this is just another one on the long list of reasons not to like them.

VE forgot to demask someone, the blame lies on them for not closing any security loopholes. Sure what Was did wasn't necessarily right, but neither is spying on others. VE has no room to criticize others for doing the same exact thing they've done.

[quote name='TypoNinja' timestamp='1292111520' post='2536849']
Dispelling the ignorance of pissants on the OWF is not a priory.
[/quote]
Commenting about it seems to be. If people only get one side of a story because you refuse to give them your side they can hardly be decried as ignorant by those refusing to enlighten them. Put up or put up with it. That goes for any alliance who keeps their side of the story private in an issue thats already gone public while moaning that people are ignorant of the facts.

Edited by Alterego

I've read enough drivel in the first couple of pages to warrant not reading any more.

This was not a forum mask, this was a mask on a program VE uses. Drogan's incorrect mask gave him access to see information like warchests. He bragged about that access, then divulged information about a member's warchest. Of the six people in the convo, 2 told us what happened, including giving us the exact warchest amount of the member that Drogan said he had. We have server logs, the word of trusted people, and the irrefutable truth that the exact warchest was divulged.

We gave TKTB an unprecedented 3 days to figure this stuff out before any action was taken. They were told what was up and given every chance to have Drogan argue his case. He chose not to because the case is not questionable. Drogan knows he is guilty of giving VE info to 3rd parties. How he had the information makes for good banter, but is completely irrelevant. If he wanted this to not happen, he would have reported the access to us. He did not, so now he will glow.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1292163454' post='2537314']
I've read enough drivel in the first couple of pages to warrant not reading any more.

This was not a forum mask, this was a mask on a program VE uses. Drogan's incorrect mask gave him access to see information like warchests. He bragged about that access, then divulged information about a member's warchest. Of the six people in the convo, 2 told us what happened, including giving us the exact warchest amount of the member that Drogan said he had. We have server logs, the word of trusted people, and the irrefutable truth that the exact warchest was divulged.

We gave TKTB an unprecedented 3 days to figure this stuff out before any action was taken. They were told what was up and given every chance to have Drogan argue his case. He chose not to because the case is not questionable. Drogan knows he is guilty of giving VE info to 3rd parties. How he had the information makes for good banter, but is completely irrelevant. If he wanted this to not happen, he would have reported the access to us. He did not, so now he will glow.
[/quote]

Very honorable and respectful tactics from VE.

TKTB you should feel lucky that this was'nt taken any further given the seriousness of the information.

[quote name='Kahnite' timestamp='1292135851' post='2537156']
It's called shared culpability, happens every day. Yes it [b]is[/b] your fault for not changing the locks just as its his fault for walking in. Epic fail dude.
[/quote]
OH NOES he has broken out big words i guess I is wrong now. Yes the person who left the mask is wrong and made a mistake ive said that earlier but Was KNOWINGLY committed a crime. Please leave your doors unlocked so i can come by and steal your crap out of your house then blame you for it. Your logic is fail you are epic fail.

Doch, I'm not sure if I updated since you had access or if you are misremembering, but CNA allows access to areas based on mask flags, so it's normal for people to have two or more masks. Was wasn't a special case with some unusual mask that lends itself to conspiracy theories ... just, unfortunately, special in the case that the demasking wasn't done properly. [OOC: This is quite common on forums, too, at least with vBulletin.] There doesn't need to be an 'investigation' into who gave him that mask because it was the appropriate mask for his time in VE. We've looked into how the mistake with demasking happened and modified our processes to make it less likely in future, naturally.

[quote]Yes it is your fault for not changing the locks just as its his fault for walking in[/quote]
I don't know what country you live in but in Seria and pretty much all the member states of the Entente theft is still theft even if the victim made an error that made it that much easier to execute.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1292166475' post='2537330']
Doch, I'm not sure if I updated since you had access or if you are misremembering, but CNA allows access to areas based on mask flags, so it's normal for people to have two or more masks. Was wasn't a special case with some unusual mask that lends itself to conspiracy theories ... just, unfortunately, special in the case that the demasking wasn't done properly. [OOC: This is quite common on forums, too, at least with vBulletin.] There doesn't need to be an 'investigation' into who gave him that mask because it was the appropriate mask for his time in VE. We've looked into how the mistake with demasking happened and modified our processes to make it less likely in future, naturally.
[/quote]

Thank you. i don't honestly know as i believe most in Gre that i knew had 1 mask only. possibly those in the military had 2 but i don't recall if they did or not. but thank you. at least it appears that VE does attempt to fix any possible security leaks and patch any holes versus what Mathias and Penkala would have them do. if up to Mathias, Penkala, and Banksy, alliance security would be a joke that any person could walk away with the all the secrets.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1292139767' post='2537195']

Snitch.
[/quote]

u mad?

All I did was add in a few facts to debunk what he was saying. I wasn't here to 'bash' Was. I like Was, and it's unfortunate that he decided to escalate this by accessing warchest information and sharing it in the call. I wish he hadn't done that -- then we wouldn't have the incident that we have now. But he made a stupid decision and he's now accepting the consequences of his actions. It's really as simple as that.

I won't be responding to any more of your posts. You're clearly too upset to discuss this rationally.

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1292150453' post='2537262']
Another situation completely blown out of proportion by all those involved and uninvolved. Good luck to you all moving forward.
[/quote]
Oh Jgoods, thanks so much, I can finally agree with someone in here.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1292164923' post='2537322']
OH NOES he has broken out big words i guess I is wrong now. Yes the person who left the mask is wrong and made a mistake ive said that earlier but Was KNOWINGLY committed a crime. Please leave your doors unlocked so i can come by and steal your crap out of your house then blame you for it. Your logic is fail you are epic fail.
[/quote]
The only fail is between your ears. THAT'S PRECISELY WHY I DO LOCK MY DOORS, SO MORONS LIKE YOU DON'T GET IN.
Stupidest argument ever!
[img]http://files.sharenator.com/car_fail_Fail-s461x404-10293-580.jpg[/img]

Edited by Kahnite