Nemesis Retires

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is sad to see Nemesis pack up, there is a silver lining to this dark cloud. You go on to add your skill, culture and ethos to other places on Planet Bob, brightening them up more. When its time, its time. Those that know, will forever appreciate you for all that you have been and have done.

Much respect.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291347138' post='2528663']
Your perception is flawed.

Deep down inside the only person who is really hated by everyone is you. We're not you; we don't need to insult everyone just to get a few kicks. Or is it maybe because you don't have friends? Either way, I don't have any more words to waste on you.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]<babyjesus> also you're right about nemesis they were a bad alliance

It seems I'm not alone in my assessment of your alliance. Also, I'm sure I'm a lot more beloved than you. You see, people respect me. They love me. They want more of me. Doesn't matter what side your on, I'm an idol. Really, the only people who can't stand me are those without a sense of humor, or those who are completely bland and uninteresting and are trying to compensate for something. Also, no more words to waste on me? Is that why you keep on coming back to me?[/color]

Some of my favorite memories in my "CN career" are from my days in Nemesis. Most people (foolishly) thought you guys would fold when Bob and I left, but I always knew you guys would be fine. Despite this sad day, I am proud of what we all created.

Best of luck in your new homes, guys. I will soon be calling some of you alliance mates again. :P

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291347752' post='2528679']
[color="#0000FF"]<babyjesus> also you're right about nemesis they were a bad alliance

It seems I'm not alone in my assessment of your alliance. Also, I'm sure I'm a lot more beloved than you. You see, people respect me. They love me. They want more of me. Doesn't matter what side your on, I'm an idol. Really, the only people who can't stand me are those without a sense of humor, or those who are completely bland and uninteresting and are trying to compensate for something. Also, no more words to waste on me? Is that why you keep on coming back to me?[/color]
[/quote]

For how much you hate GOONS you sound eerily the same. Looks like a statement taken straight from the mouth of a GOON himself, hypocrite. Good luck to my brothers in Nemesis.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1291351996' post='2528729']
Some of my favorite memories in my "CN career" are from my days in Nemesis. Most people (foolishly) thought you guys would fold when Bob and I left, but I always knew you guys would be fine. Despite this sad day, I am proud of what we all created.

Best of luck in your new homes, guys. I will soon be calling some of you alliance mates again. :P
[/quote]
If anything, the fact that we survived so long without those who were considered our "core" showed how resilient and confident of a group of people we were.

[quote name='Emperor Lrrr' timestamp='1291352092' post='2528732']
For how much you hate GOONS you sound eerily the same. Looks like a statement taken straight from the mouth of a GOON himself, hypocrite. Good luck to my brothers in Nemesis.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, I don't hate GOONS. I do have some fundamental disagreements with how they do things, but I do not hate them. In fact, I respect them in many more ways than I do most alliances on my "side." I have said this often before, and I will say it again now. If GOONS were to disband I would miss them, because they have a character and a flavor, which is something that can be said of very few alliances. They add something to this world.

Nemesis did not do that. You did not shape or effect this world in any meaningful way. Your being a "major player" is a petty delusion. Simply tagging along in a war does not make you a key player, but once again, I stray from my point. Nemesis will not be missed, and by the end of the month (if it even takes that long), you will be completely forgotten. It is a fitting legacy for an alliance that never even met the criteria for mediocre.[/color]

[quote name='Emperor Lrrr' timestamp='1291352092' post='2528732']
[/quote]
Excuse me, don't drag us into this.

While my only interactions with Nemesis were with Daggarz, who I have a profound hatred for, the passing of an alliance is never a pretty thing. Good luck in your new homes.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1291355600' post='2528773']
Excuse me, don't drag us into this.

While my only interactions with Nemesis were with Daggarz, who I have a profound hatred for, the passing of an alliance is never a pretty thing. Good luck in your new homes.
[/quote]

But it's quite obvious that you caused this disbandment.

:(( GOONS :((

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291355395' post='2528770'][color="#0000FF"]
Nemesis did not do that. You did not shape or effect this world in any meaningful way. Your being a "major player" is a petty delusion. Simply tagging along in a war does not make you a key player, but once again, I stray from my point. Nemesis will not be missed, and by the end of the month (if it even takes that long), you will be completely forgotten. It is a fitting legacy for an alliance that never even met the criteria for mediocre.[/color]
[/quote]
That's simply a point of view. I'm sure many more people found meaning in Nemesis than did not. Also, while we may be missed, I guarantee you that there will not be 5 pages of remorse on the fateful day that NSO dies. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291355944' post='2528780']
That's simply a point of view. I'm sure many more people found meaning in Nemesis than did not. Also, while we may be missed, I guarantee you that there will not be 5 pages of remorse on the fateful day that NSO dies. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The difference between Nemesis and NSO is that the NSO is does not exist to be liked or make friends. Nemesis just existed and did so for no reason at all. Plenty more people agree that your alliance was even more worthless and pointless than the NSO (assuming they hate both equally - the NSO at least has me, which makes it better than it would be otherwise). I can understand the sentiment you feel about Nemesis, but as an unbiased third party, your alliance was truly awful. It had a completely meaningless existence. It deserved to die.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291345350' post='2528632']
This is unsurprising. Nemesis was always a terrible alliance. It was alright and had potential back when Hoo and Bob were running the show, but they left for better places, and morons took their places. You've been declining for a year. Ha, even the WCE leak cost you your government. I'm surprised you didn't merge into CoJ then and there. Good riddance to a rubbish alliance.
[/quote]

If I were in NSO, I wouldn't bring up leaks that came from NSO's forum. There ya go, held that one in for over a month but a person gets to a point where courtesy stops paying off. Daggarz joined CoJ for the same reason we've tripled in membership in the past few months despite 0 recruiting: Our ideals and stances. Not because of NSO's sloppy handling of intel--the first person to report having received the logs (24 hours before Sardonic's blogs) was a freshly-former member of NSO, and there are two distinct sets of the logs (whose identifying traits I won't discuss aloud) which point directly to two of NSO's delegation and no one else.
And that's all the fireworks or popcorn I've got for this event which should be somber.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356148' post='2528788']
[color="#0000FF"]The difference between Nemesis and NSO is that the NSO is does not exist to be liked or make friends. Nemesis just existed and did so for no reason at all. Plenty more people agree that your alliance was even more worthless and pointless than the NSO (assuming they hate both equally - the NSO at least has me, which makes it better than it would be otherwise). I can understand the sentiment you feel about Nemesis, but as an unbiased third party, your alliance was truly awful. It had a completely meaningless existence. It deserved to die.[/color]
[/quote]
You're about as biased as I am. Or wait- I'm sure the average player loves NSO. Because the real difference between Nemesis and NSO is that Nemesis went out there as a community, to have fun and to meet new people. What does NSO exist for? Making the world a worse place? Because the asshattery of you and other NSO members certainly points in that direction.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1291356210' post='2528789']
If I were in NSO, I wouldn't bring up leaks that came from NSO's forum. There ya go, held that one in for over a month but a person gets to a point where courtesy stops paying off. Daggarz joined CoJ for the same reason we've trippled in membership in the past few months despite 0 recruiting: Our ideals and stances. Not because of NSO's sloppy handling of intel. And that's all the fireworks or popcorn I've got for this event which should be somber.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]What are you talking about? The NSO had nothing to do with the leaks of the WCE logs. Maybe other things, but not those. We were one of the few alliances that didn't come off as blithering idiots (what a pleasant change from the usual). Daggarz left Nemesis immediately following the leak, or right around that time. Don't expect me to believe that the leak and the exodus of Nemesis's government have nothing to do with each other. I know how to connect the dots, sir.

Also, if Sardonic killed Nemesis just by posting logs and a commentary then perhaps I may have a rival for my "Destroyer of Alliances" title. Guess that means I need to get back to work![/color]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291356451' post='2528794']
You're about as biased as I am. Or wait- I'm sure the average player loves NSO. Because the real difference between Nemesis and NSO is that Nemesis went out there as a community, to have fun and to meet new people. What does NSO exist for? Making the world a worse place? Because the asshattery of you and other NSO members certainly points in that direction.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If you're out to have fun and meet new people might I suggest joining a club? As for the NSO, for all its faults and failures, which there are many, we've at least got more character and personality in a hangnail than you did in that entire alliance of yours. You were bland, bland, bland. You still are by the way.

Also, you're right. Most people do not like the NSO, but if you have to compare Nemesis to the NSO in order to make it look good then you might have a problem. Really. I mean that.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia