Nemesis Retires

I thank the many members of Nemesis who showed patience and care for me in the days of my youth here on Planet Bob. You extended the hand of genuine friendship and for that I will always be grateful.

May each of you find new homes to be safe in and new adventures to enjoy.

o/ Nemesis

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SonOfHoward' timestamp='1291488760' post='2530092']
If I recall Nemesis and Umbra had the top blitz stats in the Karma war. I don't know what happened to Nemesis after that but it was quite a fall.
[/quote]

Activity back then was at an all time high. We did have a rather awesome blitz :smug:

Things prosper and sometimes things die off.

If I recall Nemesis and Umbra had the top blitz stats in the Karma war. I don't know what happened to Nemesis after that but it was quite a fall.
[/quote]

I don't know how long they were able to maintain it, but activity was required to be a member of Nemesis when we founded the alliance. Unless you had a damn good reason, if you stopped posting on the forums or weren't on IRC often, you were kicked out. Also, if you weren't answering questions fast enough during the initial Q&A, your application was denied. This strict adherence to activity requirements made Nemesis a great blitzing alliance.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' timestamp='1291497695' post='2530235']
I don't know how long they were able to maintain it, but activity was required to be a member of Nemesis when we founded the alliance. Unless you had a damn good reason, if you stopped posting on the forums or weren't on IRC often, you were kicked out. Also, if you weren't answering questions fast enough during the initial Q&A, your application was denied. This strict adherence to activity requirements made Nemesis a great blitzing alliance.
[/quote]
The same principles did exist until our disbandment. That being said, given the state CN as a whole is in right now, those policies soon became a hindrance that rejected too many applications rather than a benefit to those already within the alliance.

[/quote]

102% :smug:

Don't think we fell away all that badly... We managed to counter a declaration on Browncoats with such speed and numbers that a friend of mine on the other side of 'THE TREATY WEB(c)' asked if we had spies ^_^

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1291631691' post='2531852']

Don't think we fell away all that badly... We managed to counter a declaration on Browncoats with such speed and numbers that a friend of mine on the other side of 'THE TREATY WEB©' asked if we had spies ^_^
[/quote]
I remember that...the 6 minute Blitz. It was scary how fast we planned that, and how effective it still was!

You guys don't need me to tell you how saddening this was for me to hear.
I joined Nemesis blindly, only to find that it was actually awesome. The people were all great.
Almost a year past in an instant for me that's how great the community was. Being in an alliance with 100+ members bonds can never truly form like in Nemesis. We will always be friends. It was literally like having a group of friends to hang out with. The same guys. A small, tight-knit community of just baddassery.

Best fun I've ever had. I will never forget the good times.

Edited by Blacky

[quote name='Poyplemonkeys' timestamp='1291631691' post='2531852']

Don't think we fell away all that badly... We managed to counter a declaration on Browncoats with such speed and numbers that a friend of mine on the other side of 'THE TREATY WEB(c)' asked if we had spies ^_^
[/quote]
[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291639807' post='2531886']
I remember that...the 6 minute Blitz. It was scary how fast we planned that, and how effective it still was!
[/quote]
[quote name='daggarz' timestamp='1291643657' post='2531906']
I blame Daggarz for taking on 3 guys so quickly :D
[/quote]

Beating Veneke's smart ass before he quit after 2 years of spitting and spatting probably ranks in the top 5 moments of my 4 years, and I can't think of better guys to have spent it with. Everybody else told Browncoats and CoJ to sit on it because we were small, but Nemesis was right there.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Blacky' timestamp='1291644117' post='2531910']
You guys don't need me to tell you how saddening this was for me to hear.
I joined Nemesis blindly, only to find that it was actually awesome. The people were all great.
Almost a year past in an instant for me that's how great the community was. Being in an alliance with 100+ members bonds can never truly form like in Nemesis. We will always be friends. It was literally like having a group of friends to hang out with. The same guys. A small, tight-knit community of just baddassery.

Best fun I've ever had. I will never forget the good times.
[/quote]

Remember these? :WARNING: SLIGHT PROFANITY WITHIN:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDIGvBUc7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Cuu3dBvrE&feature=related

Great, great times.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291670124' post='2532267']

Great, great times.
[/quote]

Oh my... Almost forgot those

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291670124' post='2532267']

Great, great times.
[/quote]
Wow, I had totally forgotten about those. Well played.