Nemesis Retires

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356542' post='2528796']
[color="#0000FF"]Don't expect me to believe that the leak and the exodus of Nemesis's government have nothing to do with each other. I know how to connect the dots, sir.
[/color]
[/quote]
Then you're connecting them wrong. Aside from Daggarz leaving, none of the members leaving that led up to our disbandment had to do with those logs. Try again.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356542' post='2528796']
[color="#0000FF"]What are you talking about? The NSO had nothing to do with the leaks of the WCE logs. Maybe other things, but not those. We were one of the few alliances that didn't come off as blithering idiots (what a pleasant change from the usual). Daggarz left Nemesis immediately following the leak, or right around that time. Don't expect me to believe that the leak and the exodus of Nemesis's government have nothing to do with each other. I know how to connect the dots, sir.

Also, if Sardonic killed Nemesis just by posting logs and a commentary then perhaps I may have a rival for my "Destroyer of Alliances" title. Guess that means I need to get back to work![/color]

[color="#0000FF"]If you're out to have fun and meet new people might I suggest joining a club? As for the NSO, for all its faults and failures, which there are many, we've at least got more character and personality in a hangnail than you did in that entire alliance of yours. You were bland, bland, bland. You still are by the way.[/color]
[/quote]
Don't you find it odd that the leaked Logs start at the same time NSO showed up in them?

I hope the best for the members of Nemesis, you guys were solid.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1291356778' post='2528804']
Don't you find it odd that the leaked Logs start at the same time NSO showed up in them?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Why would I or anyone else in NSO leak logs to GOONS? I hate GOONS. Just ask them. What does that have to do with Nemesis anyway? I thought we were talking about why Nemesis was a terrible alliance and not why the NSO is a bad alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356939' post='2528807']
[color="#0000FF"]Why would I or anyone else in NSO leak logs to GOONS? I hate GOONS. Just ask them. What does that have to do with Nemesis anyway? I thought we were talking about why Nemesis was a terrible alliance and not why the NSO is a bad alliance.[/color]
[/quote]
You actually did compare the two before, as well as the fact that you most probably view NSO in a positive light, therefore meaning if we could prove NSO was on Nemesis' level, we could establish that Nemesis was good.

Also it's not quite that you leaked the logs to GOONS, but rather that they worked their way to GOONS from NSO in some way. I cannot prove how this occurred, but it is so far the most reasonable assumption.

Regardless Nemesis was a fine alliance whether we use NSO as a standard or not.

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1291357146' post='2528811']
You actually did compare the two before, as well as the fact that you most probably view NSO in a positive light, therefore meaning if we could prove NSO was on Nemesis' level, we could establish that Nemesis was good.

Also it's not quite that you leaked the logs to GOONS, but rather that they worked their way to GOONS from NSO in some way. I cannot prove how this occurred, but it is so far the most reasonable assumption.

Regardless Nemesis was a fine alliance whether we use NSO as a standard or not.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You have no idea how I view NSO, so please do not presume that you speak for me. And no, Nemesis was not a good alliance. The people in it might have been decent chaps, I am sure, but as an alliance it was boring and its existence was devoid of any real meaning.[/color]

[quote][color=#0000FF][size=2]You have no idea how I view NSO, so please do not presume that you speak for me. And no, Nemesis was not a good alliance. The people in it might have been decent chaps, I am sure, but as an alliance it was boring and its existence was devoid of any real meaning.[/size][/color][/quote]
[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356148' post='2528788']
[color="#0000FF"] Plenty more people agree that your alliance was even more worthless and pointless than the NSO (assuming they hate both equally - the NSO at least has me, which makes it better than it would be otherwise). I can understand the sentiment you feel about Nemesis, but as an unbiased third party, your alliance was truly awful. It had a completely meaningless existence. It deserved to die.[/color]
[/quote]
You have no idea how others view Nemesis, so don't presume that you speak for them. Play by your own rules buddy.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291355395' post='2528770']
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, I don't hate GOONS. I do have some fundamental disagreements with how they do things, but I do not hate them. In fact, I respect them in many more ways than I do most alliances on my "side." I have said this often before, and I will say it again now. If GOONS were to disband I would miss them, because they have a character and a flavor, which is something that can be said of very few alliances. They add something to this world.

Nemesis did not do that. You did not shape or effect this world in any meaningful way. Your being a "major player" is a petty delusion. Simply tagging along in a war does not make you a key player, but once again, I stray from my point. Nemesis will not be missed, and by the end of the month (if it even takes that long), you will be completely forgotten. It is a fitting legacy for an alliance that never even met the criteria for mediocre.[/color]
[/quote]

I'm happy for you. You're wrong though, people will miss Nemesis. Every former member who called Nemesis home and any ally we helped in wars past will remember and miss Nemesis. You and your arrogance will never take that away from us. Our community was a lot more active than you would ever know. Thanks for the hitting us while were down though. That says a lot about your character. Calling Nemesis mediocre is not even giving your opinion. That's just being purposely mean. When did you become so grumpy and arrogant? You were never like this. Another life lost to planet bob I guess. I'm sorry.
[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1291355600' post='2528773']
Excuse me, don't drag us into this.

While my only interactions with Nemesis were with Daggarz, who I have a profound hatred for, the passing of an alliance is never a pretty thing. Good luck in your new homes.
[/quote]

I didn't mean any disrespect to GOONS. I'm just saying you're similar. Take that how you want to. Apparently you are loved by all and whatever arrogance he was spewing earlier.

Edited by Emperor Lrrr

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291357289' post='2528814']
[color="#0000FF"]You have no idea how I view NSO, so please do not presume that you speak for me. And no, Nemesis was not a good alliance. The people in it might have been decent chaps, I am sure, but as an alliance it was boring and its existence was devoid of any real meaning.[/color]
[/quote]
Well that's why I said "most probably." You are Rebel Virginia. "Most" never does apply to you.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291357435' post='2528815']
You have no idea how others view Nemesis, so don't presume that you speak for them. Play by your own rules buddy.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, I do know how most view Nemesis (they feel you were a terrible alliance). I know this because I have spoken with them. With the exception of a few individual who for some reason, known only to God, were allied to Nemesis, there is a general consensus that Nemesis was a pretty awful alliance.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356939' post='2528807']
[/quote]
What does it have to do with Nemesis? Well thats easy, you were attempting to trash Nemesis while touting NSO. Frankly NSO is well short of stringing together the amount of military victories Nemesis did, when you get right down to it, being able to thoroughly thrash your enemy is the greatest achievment, something Nemesis did and NSO hasn't.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291356148' post='2528788']
[color="#0000FF"]It had a completely meaningless existence. It deserved to die.[/color]
[/quote]

I suppose this is in contrast to NSO's meaningful existence of being stomped every few months.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1291357579' post='2528820']
What does it have to do with Nemesis? Well thats easy, you were attempting to trash Nemesis while touting NSO. Frankly NSO is well short of stringing together the amount of military victories Nemesis did, when you get right down to it, being able to thoroughly thrash your enemy is the greatest achievment, something Nemesis did and NSO hasn't.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Nemesis rode the coattails of the winning side. If they did not have that luxury I am sure they would have been performing just as pitiably. Being able to "thoroughly trash your enemy" means absolutely nothing when you've only ever participated in beat down, and on the larger side mind you. Only a few alliances, such as FAN, MK, Umbrella, TOP, and a few others have an right to say they are decent militarily. Nemesis is not among those "few others."[/color]

[quote name='DarkEra97' timestamp='1291357723' post='2528822']
I suppose this is in contrast to NSO's meaningful existence of being stomped every few months.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I never said the NSO had a meaningful existence. If you ask anyone my private thoughts on NSO they will tell you I do not think it is the greatest alliance ever. I do like and respect the members, whom I have grown exceptionally fond of, but that is about it these days. So, once again, if you have to compare Nemesis to the NSO in order to make it look good, that might be telling you something.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291357766' post='2528823']
[color="#0000FF"]Nemesis rode the coattails of the winning side. If they did not have that luxury I am sure they would have been performing just as pitiably. Being able to "thoroughly trash your enemy" means absolutely nothing when you've only ever participated in beat down, and on the larger side mind you. Only a few alliances, such as FAN, MK, Umbrella, TOP, and a few others have an right to say they are decent militarily. Nemesis is not among those "few others."[/color]
[/quote]
And where does NSO stand on that spectrum, then? Because NSO's military victories are [u]much[/u] more important than Nemesis's. Oh wait, what was NSO's NS before the 6 Million dollar war? And remind me what that is now?

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1291357983' post='2528826']
And where does NSO stand on that spectrum, then? Because NSO's military victories are [u]much[/u] more important than Nemesis's. Oh wait, what was NSO's NS before the 6 Million dollar war? And remind me what that is now?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Are you really this desperate to make Nemesis not look completely terrible? Are you next going to tell me why Nemesis was a slightly better alliance than GGA?[/color]

[quote name='Emperor Lrrr' timestamp='1291358229' post='2528833']
I'm not former Nemesis government or anything, but out of respect for the alliance I ask that everyone in Nemesis let RV be. He has won. This topic is now officially about him. I ask that we all quit consuming his valuable time. He has a bridge to protect.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Thank you for acknowledging that I am right.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1291345959' post='2528645']
[color="#0000FF"]Fascinating. You see, I've always instead subscribed to the "if you don't have anything of interest to say then don't say it" line of thought. Seems to be all people have to say is "good luck" or "we're protecting Nemesis" or "we'll miss you Nemesis." After awhile that tends to get boring and repetitive. I offer something. A different perspective, and a much needed differing opinion
[...]
But I hate fake people.[/color][/quote]
But if you're saying it just to be different, isn't that kind of fake?
And boringly predictable?

Just asking :P