A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289292222' post='2507776']
What possible financial loss could there be for Heft here?
[/quote]
A member of MK did commit an act of war on NSO, will MK drop this member, support this act of war or work out some compense wit NSO?

http://www.cybernations.net/search_spies.asp?searchstring=All&search=Heft

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/quote]

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1289222391' post='2506017']
An appropriate reparation is not measured by its equivalence to the damage caused. It is measured by its ability to deter the violation in the future. [/quote]

[/quote]

While their would be no financial loss, their is the fact fact a MK nation with over 900 days of AA seniority spied on a NSO nation.

In which reps or expulsion is usually the end result.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1289292522' post='2507783']
While their would be no financial loss, their is the fact fact a MK nation with over 900 days of AA seniority spied on a NSO nation.

In which reps or expulsion is usually the end result.
[/quote]
Why would there be reps? Is really any calculable loss associated with a failed spy run against your nation? How would you decide what to pay?

edit: Can't NSO just spy the offending nation themselves, and have everything be even?

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289292651' post='2507785']
Why would there be reps? Is really any calculable loss associated with a failed spy run against your nation? How would you decide what to pay?
[/quote]

That's true, you cannot put a price on a broken heart.

[/quote]
How did you decide what NSO should pay with the trade issue? Further, do you deny that nation on nation spying is an act of war?

edit: Can't NSO just spy the offending nation themselves, and have everything be even?
[/quote]
Would that be similar to MK just taking care of the offending nation in the TC incident themselves also? Why the change of heart?

^
no because we're talking reps not destroying the nation

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' timestamp='1289292747' post='2507787']
How did you decide what NSO should pay with the trade issue? Further, do you deny that nation on nation spying is an act of war?
[/quote]
That obviously had an actual calculable financial loss.

In my [i][u][b]personal opinion[/i][/b][/u], I would not be OK with that being done to me, but others may disagree!

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1289283280' post='2507403']Should the Sith Order fail to deliver, then the Kingdom will interpret the deal as reneged and will respond accordingly.[/quote]

Late to the party? Maybe. Stylish and attractive? Always.

By "respond accordingly" are you saying that MK will allow their nations within range of the demasked ghost-or-not to attack aforementioned maybe-was-a-ghost that actually went ahead and farked the MK trade circle up? He should be the only person responsible, right? Unless there is proof that NSO sanctioned and encouraged the action taken, of course.

[/quote]Besides strategic losses, it is a rather blatant act of aggression against NSO. I'm sure if MK received a spy attack of this nature that they'd be calling on Archon to throw another tantrum on the forums to get another couple hundred in tech reparations.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289292924' post='2507790']
^
no because we're talking reps not destroying the nation

That obviously had an actual calculable financial loss.

In my [i][u][b]personal opinion[/i][/b][/u], I would not be OK with that being done to me, but others may disagree!
[/quote]

Fair enough, but on the first point, unless I missed it somewhere, MK has never shown that there were actual damages that required reps beyond the 3M in aid. I don't believe any proof has been put forward that the members of the TC actually had to back collect short a TC member. If I missed that evidence my apologies.

[quote]15M/250 tech would seem reasonable, no?[/quote]

MK's initial offer, likely. But their skilled counterparts at NSO will negotiate the reps down to $3m/0 and get themselves a medal for it.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289293248' post='2507796']
With all this criticism, we're going to be swimming in reparations shortly!
[/quote]

om nom nom nom tech. Denial for King 2011!

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1289288533' post='2507688']
For sure, each of those people lost about 10 million in back collects.... 50mil lost to gain 15mil+250 tech, definitely not very profitable. It's kind of you to think about the real victims in this story, which everyone else seems to be ignoring in favor of the politics.
[/quote]

Wait.. so you're saying, the guy who canceled the trade, canceled right before the other 5 nations collected? He so perfectly timed it for them all to lose out? That is ridiculous. It is your own responsibility to check that your trades and other relevant options are in order before you collect. If they're not, find a temp and correct the wrongs.

Personal responsibility can go a long way, and could have prevented all this.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289293630' post='2507801']
I think you mean prince. Archon will invariably be called back from retirement whenever something resembling real leadership is needed.
[/quote]
I find it amusing how you switch from attacking Archon and calling him a terrible leader and possessing the moral character of Satan, to attributing him with "real leadership", dependent upon whoever you wish to assail with your latest tide of !@#$%^&*.

Ah. Good old RV stirring up dust... Bored much? *smiles*

Was all this really necessary? Unmask your ghosts, trade with reliable folks. And don't cry after you've agreed to something. This is hardly the stuff that puts NSO back on the map and crushes MK. It's actually a bit embarrassing.

[quote name='Elorian' timestamp='1289294453' post='2507813']
Ah. Good old RV stirring up dust... Bored much? *smiles*

Was all this really necessary? Unmask your ghosts, trade with reliable folks. And don't cry after you've agreed to something. This is hardly the stuff that puts NSO back on the map and crushes MK. It's actually a bit embarrassing.
[/quote]
This is probably the post I agree with most in the entire thread. Really, when it comes down to it, this entire situation is unbecoming of both alliances. The Kingdom has the capacity to be a much more nefarious, calculating villain; the New Sith Order is capable of much more interesting intransigence. All either alliance has to show for their recent efforts is a whole lot of terrible posting from all corners of the Cyberverse.

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1289294317' post='2507811']
I find it amusing how you switch from attacking Archon and calling him a terrible leader and possessing the moral character of Satan, to attributing him with "real leadership", dependent upon whoever you wish to assail with your latest tide of !@#$%^&*.
[/quote]

Perhaps he is insinuating that the moral character of Satan is an integral part of "real leadership"?

[quote name='Instr' timestamp='1289293171' post='2507794']
MK's initial offer, likely. But their skilled counterparts at NSO will negotiate the reps down to $3m/0 and get themselves a medal for it.
[/quote]

Remains to be seen if NSO starts off with an excessive demand.

Edited by shahenshah