A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1289286540' post='2507587']
Archon openly admits that the reps requested were unfair, and employing an amazing level of doublethink, turns around and states MK should still receive them. It's not even that the OWF "scolding" would have gotten NSO a better deal, it's that you received a "scolding" and apparently took it so seriously that you're willing to maintain a demand which MK admits is excessive just to prove you're not vulnerable to OWF criticism. One way or the other, you're letting what was posted on the OWF determine your decision, whether it's by making a decision because the OWF wants you to, or making a decision because the OWF doesn't want you to. Given that, why not simply do the right thing?
[/quote]

You know how it goes man, everyone wants to be "bad boy" it's like !@#$, I walked down to the kingdom this mornin' and all I could hear was "be gangsta' y'all" so now we have like 200 !@#$@#$ puff daddy's and !@#$, what's a homie gonno do then, he then posts this here thread.

On a more serious note, if I spill my drink on you and you straight off punch me back, I won't do the "right thing" and say I'm sorry, I'll punch you back harder and throws a kick in your ass.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289286619' post='2507591']
Respond accordingly means what then?
[/quote]

Respond accordingly means I would formulate a response much closer to the actual point that the decision would go into effect. Quite a bit can change in 48 hours - even if I made some form of a statement as to what that response would be now, there is no telling what factors could compel me to change my decision.

I'm not sure why this is a strange or foreign concept to anyone...it's common sense.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289286797' post='2507602']
Yevgeni didn't want to spoil the surprise by going soft on them.
[/quote]

Going soft with insults and accusations? Oh if that's going soft I think I am quite afraid to see you people being hard. :rollseyes:

EDIT: I think we are discussing the same thing though I may be wrong

Edited by Ashok

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289286802' post='2507603']
Nah I am perfectly alright. Just wondering still how if you guys were okay without Archon why you need to call him up to clean up this mess?
[/quote]

Because for all intents and purposes, he is the King of the Mushroom Kingdom and is the FINAL word in all matters. Im aghast with how surprised all of you are that he made an announcement... For awhile I heard the found sound of Dr. Claw screaming "I'll get you next time, Gadget!"

Edited by tamerlane

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289286099' post='2507568']
It is my understanding that Archon got on IRC and told Polar and STA to back down on their rhetoric so that he could inform the NSO that they would definitively be standing alone if they refused. At least that is what I have heard from various corners.
[/quote]
This is correct to the best of my knowledge, though I don't think any gag orders were issued so much as Archon brand military support dissolving dust was sprinkled on a few particular folks.

Edited by heggo

NSO knows they like to stretch the limit beyond reasonable levels, and I really don't see exactly what differentiates this from when members of NSO leave the AA to fight a moral crusade/political stunt and then are immediately accepted back after their "deeds" are done. If they want to act like dicks, they should accept the repercussions when people respond in turn. Smokescreen all you want, NSO. Opportunism or ease perhaps, You take it for granted how lenient alliances are towards you. If you want people to respect you, you should to respect other alliances.

lern2diplomacy RV, Jesus son. With the amount of blunders NSO has had of late, I am surprised moldavi hasn't tried to found another alliance yet.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289286838' post='2507605']
You know how it goes man, everyone wants to be "bad boy" it's like !@#$, I walked down to the kingdom this mornin' and all I could hear was "be gangsta' y'all" so now we have like 200 !@#$@#$ puff daddy's and !@#$, what's a homie gonno do then, he then posts this here thread.

On a more serious note, if I spill my drink on you and you straight off punch me back, I won't do the "right thing" and say I'm sorry, I'll punch you back harder and throws a kick in your ass.
[/quote]

If we're actually going to employ such a miserable analogy, NSO's response is not a "punch in the face" so much as saying "what the hell don't spill your drink on me". To which an apology might be a reasonable response.

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289286967' post='2507611']
Because for all intents and purposes, he is the King of the Mushroom Kingdom and is the FINAL word in all matters. Im aghast with how surprised all of you are that he made an announcement... For awhile I heard the found sound of Dr. Claw screaming "I'll get you next time, Gadget!"
[/quote]

But wait, I thought RV's word was cemented and the fact that he was not emperor didn't matter?

Oh wait that's right you enjoy double standards.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289286999' post='2507613']
This is correct to the best of my knowledge, though I don't think any gag orders were issued so much as Archon brand military support dissolving dust was sprinkled about various people and locales.
[/quote]

I have spoken with no one from the New Polar Order. I was queried by a member of the Siberian Tiger Alliance (was queried, mind you. I did not seek them out).

So no, I'm afraid that statement was incorrect. Not to ruin the mystique or anything, but those measures weren't really necessary...

MK threatening war at the first sign of someone speaking out against them. Totalitarian much?

Time to get out the Guy Fawkes mask, I guess.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1289286673' post='2507592']
If this is how the Lebubu administration behaves then I can safely say, from a purely zero-sum, adversarial perspective, that I much prefer the new regime. ;)

Though I will have you know that I have served Pacifica since the reign of Dilber, right through the Pax Pacifica, fighting in almost all the conflicts along the way. You will have to do pretty well in the tales of tyranny and horror stakes to impress me. :v:
[/quote]

So you think we're unimpressive I take it :(

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1289286744' post='2507596']
I didn't mention the NPO in anyway. You made the same mistake delendum did by falling back on the standard kneejerk response MK and their allies have made when confronted with criticism. It has worked in the past because the less intelligent of the ex-hegemony crowd can only think of comparing MK (with unintentional irony) to the hegemony, but it won't work on me. I am not a hack like nearly everyone else around here. I don't defend one side right or wrong. I defend what is right, always.

My criticism of Archon in this instance is not a comparison to Moo or anyone from the former Hegemony. It is a criticism of MK policies and MK leadership in their own right, which Archon has today proven lacks in integrity and is merely the typical way a thug reacts to criticism of his thuggery. There is no intellectual honesty or nuance to this position, despite Archon's attempts to affect otherwise. This announcement is little more than a cliche.
[/quote]

That's it guys, lets disband. I can't take being evil anymore.

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289286967' post='2507611']
[/quote]

Oh... So Lebubu saying pay it in the other thread was not sufficient enough? Having to face the wrath of friends because of your mistakes here and your unwillingness to admit them requires the calling of a King who is on leave to handle a situation that you continue to say you had under control...

[quote name='jeff barr' timestamp='1289287016' post='2507614']
NSO knows they like to stretch the limit beyond reasonable levels, and I really don't see exactly what differentiates this from when members of NSO leave the AA to fight a moral crusade/political stunt and then are immediately accepted back after their "deeds" are done. If they want to act like dicks, they should accept the repercussions when people respond in turn. Smokescreen all you want, NSO. Opportunism or ease perhaps, You take it for granted how lenient alliances are towards you. If you want people to respect you, you should to respect other alliances.

lern2diplomacy RV, Jesus son. With the amount of blunders NSO has had of late, I am surprised moldavi hasn't tried to found another alliance yet.
[/quote]
I'm busy.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289287073' post='2507617']
No. He's the panic button, and you know it.
[/quote]

OF course, Sovereign of an alliance = panic button.

I guess RV approached you with the logs because he was calm and resolute.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289286999' post='2507613']
This is correct to the best of my knowledge, though I don't think any gag orders were issued so much as Archon brand military support dissolving dust was sprinkled on a few particular folks.
[/quote]

You should see him employ pixie dust. It's 20 times more sparky.

[quote name='heggo' timestamp='1289287073' post='2507617']
No. He's the panic button, and you know it.
[/quote]

I press him every time I go to the !@#$ter.

[quote name='gonftw' timestamp='1289287104' post='2507621']
MK threatening war at the first sign of someone speaking out against them. Totalitarian much?

Time to get out the Guy Fawkes mask, I guess.
[/quote]

Stop posting if you care for your alliance's life.

So, basically, "we screwed up and our reps demand was way too much but, because RV got pissed about our extortion, the over-compensation stands and you have 48 hours to pay up or..."

This just gets more and more pathetic.

Edited by Tygaland

Hey Archon, I'm smearing your sorry excuse for an alliance. What are you going to do? Level some more threats for speaking my mind?

You are worthless. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, maybe you think this move was clever somehow, maybe you've just become senile. I just don't know. What I do know is that these events expose you for who you are. And that is to say, not the champions of righteousness you pretended to be two years ago. Rather the opposite, actually.

And I know I'm not the only one who called it right from the start.

Everything else was just an indication, trace evidence, of who you really are. This is hard proof of the slime balls that make up the Mushroom Kingdom.