A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

I've been up against NSO theatrics enough times myself that I find it extremely difficult to criticise, and yet... Going into the things I find wrong with this would require bringing a great deal more criticism to bear than I would intend. I'll simply state that there are a few points in the way this was handled, throughout, that I find surprisingly disappointing. Not all of which are necessarily things that are popular points of contention in the public discourse, mind. I expected more skill from a number of people than was shown here.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1289285603' post='2507545']
I'm really disappointed with you Archon, you used to be fair and reasonable. It's really a shame that you recognize that MK is in the wrong here but nonetheless will still punish NSO because they made the incident public. The only people to be blamed for the amount of bad PR that MK got from this fiasco is the MK members not NSO ones. Had not RV created a thread about this incident it would still unknown and without all the bad PR that MK got you probably would not be here to made this announcement. It's really sad to see my last piece of hope that MK could turn the same it used to be dies with this announcement.
[/quote]

Archon changed ever since he started hanging with lebubu. He's a vicious one, that romanian. And he used to be such an innocent lad... did so well in school...

[quote name='Moridin' timestamp='1289285674' post='2507548']
Well, at least it's honest now! Threatening war because of opposition on the OWF. Why, it feels just like 2007 :blush:
[/quote]

What can I say, we were never good at bending over :(

[s]We're not letting the Sith go it alone this time. We find the stance expressed in the OP to be unacceptable. We will not stand idle as those in power, continue to extort while shamelessly admitting to the act they are committing.[/s]

I've just been informed the Sith paid. Not the move I would have made, but then, I'm a crazy man. But the point still stands, this move by the Kingdom is disturbing to the highest degree. It will not be forgotten. Not a week from now, not a year from now, not ever.

Archon, you disgust me. You are a filthy liar, this runs against everything you pretended to stand for two years ago. You are a pitiful excuse for a leader of an alliance. You're a pitiful excuse for a member of this global community.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1289285413' post='2507536']
Hopefully Archon can get a more efficient system for people to pay the tax on speaking. I mean, a series of (what will become) long discussions isn't very simple. If we're all required on today's Planet Bob, run by MK & Crew, to pay for the privilege of using these [ooc]forums[/ooc] then we all need an easy way to find out who to send our 3 million and 50 tech to.
[/quote]
We'll probably keep our demands public because we fear that anytime we go to a private channel/room with another party, we'll be accused of [i]back room heavy dealings[/i].

Know how it is.

Also, a good lot of people commenting in this thread are hilarious. Please continue.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289285401' post='2507535']
On the contrary, I think we're handling it quite well - unless you consider backing down and pleading mercy to the demands of the mob as handling it better.[/quote]

No, I consider doing what is right handling it better.

What Archon should have said right after he said that the reps were too harsh was "and so we rescind our demands and apologize. We're big boys and don't start crying and flailing our fists and beating on the weak like cowards and bullies over perceived insults."

But he obviously didn't do that because he has no integrity.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1289285901' post='2507558']
We'll probably keep our demands public because we fear that anytime we go to a private channel/room with another party, we'll be accused of [i]back room heavy dealings[/i].

Know how it is.

Also, a good lot of people commenting in this thread are hilarious. Please continue.
[/quote]

Hey maybe next time if you managed to do some simple math you would have have realized your demands were far too much.

Judging from most of the responses, I'd say that Archon is effectively reflecting the will of Mushroom Kingdom's membership:

[quote name='MNNorthStars' timestamp='1289283311' post='2507406']
tl;dr pay up or blow up
[/quote]
[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1289283863' post='2507450']
Haha, how quickly they rush to pay when they see we're serious!
[/quote]
[quote name='o ya baby' timestamp='1289283985' post='2507458']
talk big and you get slapped back into your place. that's the way of the world
[/quote]
[quote name='Ryuzaki' timestamp='1289284932' post='2507519']
(OOC: Someone has to do something aggressive or else we are all effectively GPA)
[/quote]

Edited by Heyman

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' timestamp='1289285750' post='2507550']
Not defending VE in this particular instance, but I think Archon's OP is a healthy distance from Moo posting a "You die now, admin have mercy on your soul :ph34r: "

You can joke, but that's what this looks like. Your member claims that NSO violated the standards of diplomacy, but jumping right off the bat with unreasonable demands to another alliance is just as lacking in tact.
[/quote]

Well you know how it goes, two $%&@-ups make an even bigger one. Welcome to "right now".

I support MK and everything, but really, you've just handed MK's detractors some PR gold and they've milked it for all its worth. Was this really a good idea guys :mellow:

OOC: I suppose I kind've feel for NSO here. Sure it's nothing on what NPO used to do but it's still a !@#$ situation and the reps were a bit excessive. I think it's good MK's stirring things up though. IC, of course, I won't express any of these opinions :P

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289285880' post='2507556']
[s]We're not letting the Sith go it alone this time. We find the stance expressed in the OP to be unacceptable. We will not stand idle as those in power, continue to extort while shamelessly admitting to the act they are committing.[/s]

I've just been informed the Sith paid. Not the move I would have made, but then, I'm a crazy man. But the point still stands, this move by the Kingdom is disturbing to the highest degree. It will not be forgotten. Not a week from now, not a year from now, not ever.

Archon, you disgust me. You are a filthy liar, this runs against everything you pretended to stand for two years ago. You are a pitiful excuse for a leader of an alliance.
[/quote]
I agree with all that is said in this post.

Archon, you have lied to us all. We were promised war, but now we have peace. You, and you alone, have failed the alliance for the last time. Down with Archon!

[quote name='Dajobo' timestamp='1289286025' post='2507564']
Frankly I'm amazed. The CB would have been "For telling the public what we did and not paying our fine".
[/quote]
It is my understanding that Archon got on IRC and told Polar and STA to back down on their rhetoric so that he could inform the NSO that they would definitively be standing alone if they refused. At least that is what I have heard from various corners.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289285648' post='2507547']
I do hope we improve it a bit as well. I was just about to run some calculations on how much you guys owes us, but then I realized I'll be here all winter.

No, happy about not rising up to your mob-mind expectations.

Also you people confuse me, one of you gents talks about that guy as a wronged martyr, "the highest price an alliance can pay", while another calls him as "non-member".
[/quote]

Not confusing at all he is the person at fault not our alliance. It has been our continued stance. He is a non-member we disavowed him but y'all felt entitled to your "monies and tech" and feel that bullying out of us works best until we got the whole world in on it; then you pushed the "OH SHI-! Archon we need you to save us!" and now we are here. With Archon using his might powers to hold back the tide of opposition against you and force our hands to be tied yet again as they were in dealing with your representatives last night who not only were unaware of the amount paid but called the actual NSO gov't members (myself included) liars over it. Now tell me where in this its us being confusing?

EDIT: May I ask what this is about? [img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/64/spyattempt.png[/img]

Edited by Ashok

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1289285942' post='2507559']
No, I consider doing what is right handling it better.

What Archon should have said right after he said that the reps were too harsh was "and so we rescind our demands and apologize. We're big boys and don't start crying and flailing our fists and beating on the weak like cowards and bullies over perceived insults."

But he obviously didn't do that because he has no integrity.
[/quote]

It always amuses me how the likes of you think you can somehow play "big momma" with regards to other people's actions. Sorry to disappoint you there darling, but momma OWF scolding us will not have us bow our heads in shame and give you your toy back, it will make us want to throw your toy in the river.

Point in case.

Also, Archon never had integrity, he is a delinquent scum and should be punished (or so I hear lebubu saying from behind the door to the royal bedroom... there's also the sound of whips)

[quote name='Heyman' timestamp='1289285981' post='2507561']
Judging from most of the responses, I'd say that Archon is effectively reflecting the will of Mushroom Kingdom's membership:
[/quote]

You got us there :(

Edited by delendum

Frankly I'm amazed. The CB would have been "For telling the public what we did and not paying our fine".
[/quote]

You folks seem to think we were going to declare war if the deal wasn't paid. That's an interesting assumption. Not necessarily unreasonable, but most certainly an assumption.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1289285880' post='2507556']

Archon, you disgust me. You are a filthy liar, this runs against everything you pretended to stand for two years ago. You are a pitiful excuse for a leader of an alliance. You're a pitiful excuse for a member of this global community.
[/quote]

Welp, pack it in MK. Noted honorable leader of most relevant alliance 64digits, Hero of Time himself, has decried your actions. MK should really just disband.

[/quote]
Honesty gets you rolled :smug:

[quote name='Choader' timestamp='1289286049' post='2507566']
This is a whole lot of outrage for just asking NSO to stick to the deal they agreed to.
[/quote]
Not at all. It's a whole lot of outrage for trying to extort egregiously high fines from NSO, rather than settling for the three million dollars that was actually lost.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289286126' post='2507569']
Not confusing at all he is the person at fault not our alliance. It has been our continued stance. He is a non-member we disavowed him but y'all felt entitled to your "monies and tech" and feel that bullying out of us works best until we got the whole world in on it; then you pushed the "OH SHI-! Archon we need you to save us!" and now we are here. With Archon using his might powers to hold back the tide of opposition against you and force our hands to be tied yet again as they were in dealing with your representatives last night who not only were unaware of the amount paid but called the actual NSO gov't members (myself included) liars over it. Now tell me where in this its us being confusing?

EDIT: May I ask what this is about? [img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/64/spyattempt.png[/img]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Don't count on MK talking responsibility for it. You might have a feeling, but if you can't prove anything it doesn't matter.[/color]

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289286126' post='2507569']

[/quote]
oh that was me, my bad.

seriously? lol we don't need to spy NSO nations to know that your warchests are bad.