A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1289284629' post='2507500']
Archon: cleaning up Lebubu's messes since 2010?
[/quote]

go home and kiss your children and be glad that lebubu did not have the last word in this

you may not always be so lucky

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' timestamp='1289285054' post='2507521']
Taking a private matter public is, to my way of thinking, a perfectly reasonable method of protest when one side in the private matter was attempting to extort money from the other side. I may not like either alliance in this conflict, but the New Sith Order was wronged. That's all there is to it. So you get i front of your microphone and admit you did evil, but then turn around and try to blow the matter of Rebel Virginia taking it public entirely out of proportion. Good one. So now you're publicly extorting, rather than privately doing so. You've switched from being the bully in a washroom to being the bully on the playground. How admirable.
[/quote]

I personally would not to know what a bully in the [i]washroom[/i] likes to do to the other kid >_<

MK can't handle negative PR. I think we all owe MK reps for emotional distress, the poor things.

I wish I could say that I thought Archon was better than his subordinates, but he's like VE. Somehow he's managed to build up this aura of being a principled and honourable ruler, when in fact he's as petty and dishonest and opportunistic as them all.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289284822' post='2507513']
Me thinks you can't play the semantics card here when you push the "OH SHI-!" button....

Sadly Heggo is a banker and we were going to use his slots to sled one of our smaller nations to the higher ranges but this then occurred.
[/quote]

Sir, I may have huffed and puffed until now, but the tragedy of the little nation has brought me to tears :(

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' timestamp='1289284894' post='2507515']
Meaning, they told the world about your ridiculous demands? I can't help it your negotiating team sucks, and I don't appreciate using military force to extract money you have absolutely no right to, and I don't appreciate threats against people who commit the horrible crime of talking. Transparency is the light that burns away this nonsense.

Hold on, got something for you:
[img]http://cdn.bikechatforums.com/files/worlds-smallest-violin_190.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You better stop talking. Take this as you will.

lol

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1289284899' post='2507516']
You think extortion backed up by the threat of destruction id funny? If the shoe is on the other foot we shall see how funny you think it is ODN
[/quote]

No, I think you're funny.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289284899' post='2507517']
I mean look at the last thread how much support did you have? Beyond your own members spouting dribble that amounted to "Do something about it" and "Pay up or Blow up" quite the wordsmiths you have there MK.
[/quote]

What can I say, people become basic when they're happy.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1289284932' post='2507518']
Wow... so there was a mistake on the way this was handled and you admit it. Now someone called you on that and you say that because he spoke up, the price which you admit was wrong for the initial mess is now just right.

MK is setting the price of speaking in public now.

And everyone saying that NSO is running to pay now that MK is "serious" is ridiculous. NSO agreed to pay the amount even if that amount was stupid. They now receive a deadline from the KING of MK not just the pretty princess and you are all surprised they are paying up in the most expedient manner possible? Someone holds a gun to your temple you are going to empty your pockets but you will also remember the actions and file it for the future.

Poor show MK.
[/quote]

MK - setting the price for speaking in public since 2010 - amirite?

We'll send you the bill later.

[quote name='GeoLauzier' timestamp='1289285062' post='2507522']
You can't send 6 slots to one member.
[/quote]

We do 5x5 matrices for sledding good sir. Sorry if that hurts your head to try to comprehend.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289285250' post='2507530']
We do 5x5 matrices for sledding good sir. Sorry if that hurts your head to try to comprehend.
[/quote]
And yet the intricacies of unmasking a "ghost" are too much for you to fathom. You'll have to excuse our suspicions.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1289284932' post='2507518']
Wow... so there was a mistake on the way this was handled and you admit it. Now someone called you on that and you say that because he spoke up, the price which you admit was wrong for the initial mess is now just right.

MK is setting the price of speaking in public now.

And everyone saying that NSO is running to pay now that MK is "serious" is ridiculous. NSO agreed to pay the amount even if that amount was stupid. They now receive a deadline from the KING of MK not just the pretty princess and you are all surprised they are paying up in the most expedient manner possible? Someone holds a gun to your temple you are going to empty your pockets but you will also remember the actions and file it for the future.

Poor show MK.
[/quote]
This.
Completely agree with this.

I think this was a poor move MK. And I rather like you guys. So believe me, I'm not hating. But I definitely think this was not the best choice for your own PR's sake.

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1289285222' post='2507528']
MK can't handle negative PR. I think we all owe MK reps for emotional distress, the poor things.

I wish I could say that I thought Archon was better than his subordinates, but he's like VE. Somehow he's managed to build up this aura of being a principled and honourable ruler, when in fact he's as petty and dishonest and opportunistic as them all.
[/quote]

On the contrary, I think we're handling it quite well - unless you consider backing down and pleading mercy to the demands of the mob as handling it better.

Also lol now it's not MK, but Archon himself that's just "as bad as them". Next you'll tell us our children will be born as bad as them by default.

edit: I called Archolob an "it" :(

Edited by delendum

Hopefully Archon can get a more efficient system for people to pay the tax on speaking. I mean, a series of (what will become) long discussions isn't very simple. If we're all required on today's Planet Bob, run by MK & Crew, to pay for the privilege of using these [ooc]forums[/ooc] then we all need an easy way to find out who to send our 3 million and 50 tech to.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1289285166' post='2507525']
. . . I would hate to have to threaten you tonight, too."
[/quote]

If you're going to put a quote mark at the end, thus implying it's something I'd actually say, you used far too few words :P

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289285239' post='2507529']
What can I say, people become basic when they're happy.
[/quote]

Happy about getting to possibly beat down an alliance who was bullied into reps for a non-member. I do enjoy listening to that line of thought. If you had it under control why did you need Archon at all?

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289285401' post='2507535']
On the contrary, I think we're handling it quite well - unless you consider backing down and pleading mercy to the demands of the mob as handling it better.
[/quote]

You are out of touch with reality. You handled it like a bunch of noobs on a power trip.

Edited by Alterego

I'm really disappointed with you Archon, you used to be fair and reasonable. It's really a shame that you recognize that MK is in the wrong here but nonetheless will still punish NSO because they made the incident public. The only people to be blamed for the amount of bad PR that MK got from this fiasco is the MK members not NSO ones. Had not RV created a thread about this incident it would still unknown and without all the bad PR that MK got you probably would not be here to made this announcement. It's really sad to see my last piece of hope that MK could turn the same it used to be dies with this announcement.

[quote name='Epiphanus' timestamp='1289285395' post='2507533']
And yet the intricacies of unmasking a "ghost" are too much for you to fathom. You'll have to excuse our suspicions.
[/quote]

More insults Epi? Please ghost watching is not something I spend my time doing 24-7 but forgive me if I move on to doing that now. Besides I did not create our banking system and that is hardly the point good sir. No reason to start calling liar on anyone.

[quote name='Farrin Xies' timestamp='1289285413' post='2507536']
Hopefully Archon can get a more efficient system for people to pay the tax on speaking. I mean, a series of (what will become) long discussions isn't very simple. If we're all required on today's Planet Bob, run by MK & Crew, to pay for the privilege of using these [ooc]forums[/ooc] then we all need an easy way to find out who to send our 3 million and 50 tech to.
[/quote]

I do hope we improve it a bit as well. I was just about to run some calculations on how much you guys owes us, but then I realized I'll be here all winter.

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289285479' post='2507538']
Happy about getting to possibly beat down an alliance who was bullied into reps for a non-member. I do enjoy listening to that line of thought. If you had it under control why did you need Archon at all?
[/quote]

No, happy about not rising up to your mob-mind expectations.

Also you people confuse me, one of you gents talks about that guy as a wronged martyr, "the highest price an alliance can pay", while another calls him as "non-member".

[quote name='Sal Paradise' timestamp='1289285222' post='2507528']
[/quote]
Not defending VE in this particular instance, but I think Archon's OP is a healthy distance from Moo posting a "You die now, admin have mercy on your soul :ph34r: "

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289285239' post='2507529']

You better stop talking. Take this as you will.

lol

[/quote]
You can joke, but that's what this looks like. Your member claims that NSO violated the standards of diplomacy, but jumping right off the bat with unreasonable demands to another alliance is just as lacking in tact.