A Statement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1289286317' post='2507573']
You folks seem to think we were going to declare war if the deal wasn't paid. That's an interesting assumption. Not necessarily unreasonable, but most certainly an assumption.
[/quote]

I am sure you would have given them a [i]very stern[/i] talking to if they did not pay.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289286126' post='2507569']
Not confusing at all he is the person at fault not our alliance. It has been our continued stance. He is a non-member we disavowed him but y'all felt entitled to your "monies and tech" and feel that bullying out of us works best until we got the whole world in on it; then you pushed the "OH SHI-! Archon we need you to save us!" and now we are here. With Archon using his might powers to hold back the tide of opposition against you and force our hands to be tied yet again as they were in dealing with your representatives last night who not only were unaware of the amount paid but called the actual NSO gov't members (myself included) liars over it. Now tell me where in this its us being confusing?

EDIT: May I ask what this is about? [img]http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/64/spyattempt.png[/img]
[/quote]

You sir should become a novelist. Also lol

[quote name='Jacapo Saladin' timestamp='1289286380' post='2507579']
I am sure you would have given them a [i]very stern[/i] talking to if they did not pay.
[/quote]

We are nothing if not stern in our ways but Violent? Only when provoked. ;)

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1289286362' post='2507577']
[color="#0000FF"]Don't count on MK talking responsibility for it. You might have a feeling, but if you can't prove anything it doesn't matter.[/color]
[/quote]

I confess, it was me.

[color="#0000FF"]Don't count on MK talking responsibility for it. You might have a feeling, but if you can't prove anything it doesn't matter.[/color]
[/quote]

Probably. However, I'd like to point out that I am the strongest nation in NSO, and this is the first spy attack I've ever been subject to outside of formal war situations (meaning I don't really have personal enemies and am not a rogue target etc.).

[/quote]

Yup that is to be expected just thought maybe someone could esplain why it happened after threats against us were made but oh well.

[quote name='delendum' timestamp='1289286271' post='2507572']
It always amuses me how the likes of you think you can somehow play "big momma" with regards to other people's actions. Sorry to disappoint you there darling, but momma OWF scolding us will not have us bow our heads in shame and give you your toy back, it will make us want to throw your toy in the river.[/quote]

Archon openly admits that the reps requested were unfair, and employing an amazing level of doublethink, turns around and states MK should still receive them. It's not even that the OWF "scolding" would have gotten NSO a better deal, it's that you received a "scolding" and apparently took it so seriously that you're willing to maintain a demand which MK admits is excessive just to prove you're not vulnerable to OWF criticism. One way or the other, you're letting what was posted on the OWF determine your decision, whether it's by making a decision because the OWF wants you to, or making a decision because the OWF doesn't want you to. Given that, why not simply do the right thing?

Edited by Moridin

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289286099' post='2507568']
It is my understanding that Archon got on IRC and told Polar and STA to back down on their rhetoric so that he could inform the NSO that they would definitively be standing alone if they refused. At least that is what I have heard from various corners.
[/quote]
I don't think that's correct Ivan. Certainly nobody at all has suggested to me I couldn't speak my mind in any way shape or form.

You folks seem to think we were going to declare war if the deal wasn't paid. That's an interesting assumption. Not necessarily unreasonable, but most certainly an assumption.
[/quote]
It's how I took it, feel free to correct me.

[quote name='rabonnobar' timestamp='1289286484' post='2507584']
Probably. However, I'd like to point out that I am the strongest nation in NSO, and this is the first spy attack I've ever been subject to outside of formal war situations (meaning I don't really have personal enemies [b]and am not a rogue target[/b] etc.).
[/quote]

Don't think that I forgot DefCon!! ;)

[quote name='rabonnobar' timestamp='1289286484' post='2507584']
Probably. However, I'd like to point out that I am the strongest nation in NSO, and this is the first spy attack I've ever been subject to outside of formal war situations (meaning I don't really have personal enemies and am not a rogue target etc.).
[/quote]

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289286501' post='2507585']
Yup that is to be expected just thought maybe someone could esplain why it happened after threats against us were made but oh well.
[/quote]

I'm offended by you fine gentlemen ignoring my confession.

I hereby take back everything I said.

[/quote]
Respond accordingly means what then?

[quote name='MNNorthStars' timestamp='1289285124' post='2507524']
go home and kiss your children and be glad that lebubu did not have the last word in this

you may not always be so lucky
[/quote]
If this is how the Lebubu administration behaves then I can safely say, from a purely zero-sum, adversarial perspective, that I much prefer the new regime. ;)

Though I will have you know that I have served Pacifica since the reign of Dilber, right through the Pax Pacifica, fighting in almost all the conflicts along the way. You will have to do pretty well in the tales of tyranny and horror stakes to impress me. :v:

[quote name='Ashok' timestamp='1289286501' post='2507585']
[/quote]

I've got some spare tinfoil from the Pacifican days if you want some.

[quote name='TheNeverender' timestamp='1289283280' post='2507403']
It was simply a rather high sum. In fact, I would say it was too high. [/quote]

It was extortion.

[quote]The deal stands. [/quote]

And it is still extortion.

You complain about the NSO's "willful and blatant assault on the face of the Kingdom", but all they did was to tell people about the extortion.

You wouldn't have had bad PR if youhadn't made unreasonable demands.

And you could have cleaned up a bit here, but you choose not to, which shows that you were going to stick to this demand regardless.

[quote name='Lord GVChamp' timestamp='1289285750' post='2507550']
Not defending VE in this particular instance, but I think Archon's OP is a healthy distance from Moo posting a "You die now, admin have mercy on your soul :ph34r: [/quote]

I didn't mention the NPO in anyway. You made the same mistake delendum did by falling back on the standard kneejerk response MK and their allies have made when confronted with criticism. It has worked in the past because the less intelligent of the ex-hegemony crowd can only think of comparing MK (with unintentional irony) to the hegemony, but it won't work on me. I am not a hack like nearly everyone else around here. I don't defend one side right or wrong. I defend what is right, always.

My criticism of Archon in this instance is not a comparison to Moo or anyone from the former Hegemony. It is a criticism of MK policies and MK leadership in their own right, which Archon has today proven lacks in integrity and is merely the typical way a thug reacts to criticism of his thuggery. There is no intellectual honesty or nuance to this position, despite Archon's attempts to affect otherwise. This announcement is little more than a cliche.

[quote name='Ivan Moldavi' timestamp='1289286099' post='2507568']
It is my understanding that Archon got on IRC and told Polar and STA to back down on their rhetoric so that he could inform the NSO that they would definitively be standing alone if they refused. At least that is what I have heard from various corners.
[/quote]Called in Archon from retirement to bully STA and Polar into backing down? Why am I not the least bit surprised.

I don't know what MK is thinking, but I do think they are tremendous fools if they think this incident is ever going to be forgotten.

Words fail to express my supreme outrage. This is the most disgusting move I have seen in the history of this world, and I have seen some very low things in what approaches 4 years of my being here. Just the way MK shamelessly admits to extorting the NSO like it's their god given right.

[hr]

Ivan, what I can confirm is that you most definitely would not stand alone. Others may not have the spine to stand up against injustice, but I know I'm not alone in saying that we got your back in this.

Edited by HeroofTime55

[quote name='tamerlane' timestamp='1289286699' post='2507593']
I've got some spare tinfoil from the Pacifican days if you want some.
[/quote]

Nah I am perfectly alright. Just wondering still how if you guys were okay without Archon why you need to call him up to clean up this mess?