Sorry, CyberNations

Chimaera

There comes a time in a man's life when he takes stock of all he has. He realizes what he needs, what he has that he doesn't need, what his greatest assets are, and how to get rid of his greatest detriments.

Unfortunately for me, CyberNations falls into the final of those categories. I have enjoyed playing this game and leading the Imperial Assault Alliance nearly continuously since July 19th, 2006. But no more. It has nothing to do with IAA - they are fabulous people who I have been blessed to spend nearly four years of my life serving and working with. It has everything, instead, to do with the overall state of this "game" (I hesitate to call it one - are we actually playing anything anymore, or just going through the motions of making 6 or 7 mouse-clicks a day to keep our pixels alive)?

My accomplishments are many; my favorite moments numerous. I have too many friends to list by name in a simple thread. Hell, I don't even know why I'm making this thread. I could care less about the minute amount of fanfare certain to accompany my eternal release from this e-universe.

All I really have to say is that I'm sure I will miss you, and if I didn't really know you, I probably preferred it that way. If you want to get to know me or learn about my past, find me on IRC. I'll still be there some, I guess.

Bon Voyage, Planet Bob.

Note: As CyberNations leadership is an extremely addicting experience, there's a pretty good chance that, in time, I will return. But for now, I'm out. Good luck.

My only shoutout goes to the Imperial Assault Alliance - you are, quite literally, the finest people in existence. People who haven't joined and won't join in the future are missing out on what is easily the greatest experience in this little backalley of the internet we call CyberNations.

-Chimaera

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chimaera, you're really one of my best friends, and someone I have always looked up to, both as a person and a leader. You will be very missed by myself, and all of your fellow Imperials. Though this doesn't mean I won't be bugging you on MSN any more. :P G-dspeed my friend, enjoy RL, and do stop by every once and awhile.

[color="#0000FF"]I can't blame you. This game has stagnated quite a bit, and the attitudes of most people as of let have been quite vicious. We're moving back to the old NPO era under the Continuum the way things are now, which says a lot about the majority of the community to allow that to happen again. Once this war ends I imagine I may take a little break as well.[/color]

[quote name='Chickenzilla' timestamp='1282613045' post='2428434']
no don't
[/quote]
Sorry bud. As I just told IAA, I'm the equivalent of an old man in a nursing home right now. There's no gas left in my tank, no drive for greatness...and, frankly, as you know well, I simply cannot play and content myself with being average.

Edited by Chimaera

I can say will all certainty that you were one of my greatest partners, and greatest friends. Your reign was fantastic and will be remembered after all the politics settled (ok that won't ever happen but still) as one of the greatest.

I'll miss you, but I know why you're doing it. I hope you make it past two weeks afk. :wub: