An Announcement from TIO

[center]
[img]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1893/tio.png[/img]
[/center]

Dear all of CN:

TIO and Octava Orden have been engaged in heightened tensions over recent incidents, in particular OOC attacks upon Skippy taken by the OO 2IC liltrekkie.

Trekkie has made light of the fact that Skippy's mother has cancer amongst other inappropriate forms of conduct towards TIO officials.

[19:26] <ReytheGreat> OO = Octava Orden yes this is groundbreaking
[19:26] <ReytheGreat> banning is immature tbh
[19:26] <Skippy[TIO]> Banning is immoral
[19:26] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> Your mom is immoral
[19:26] <ReytheGreat> SIG IF DOWN
[19:26] <ReytheGreat> Oh snap Skippy
[19:26] <ReytheGreat> he burned you
[19:26] <Skippy[TIO]> My mum is in hospital with cancer Trekkie
[19:27] <Skippy[TIO]> So $%&@ you
[19:27] <ReytheGreat> well that would have been a burn
[19:27] <ReytheGreat> if we were all 8
[19:27] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> Lol
[19:27] <ReytheGreat> (we should really ZI them)
[19:27] <ReytheGreat> OH $%&@ HE'S LOL'ING
[19:27] <ReytheGreat> ABOUT CANCER
[19:27] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> zombies
[19:27] <ReytheGreat> I'M BOUT TO PULL A GRUB IN DIS !@#$%*
03[19:27] * liltrekkie[OO|IR] sets mode: +b *hostmask*
[19:27] <Skippy[TIO]> -.-
03[19:27] * ReytheGreat was kicked by liltrekkie[OO|IR] (I dont like you)
03[19:28] * liltrekkie[OO|IR] sets mode: +b *hostmask*
03[19:28] * Skippy[TIO] was kicked by liltrekkie[OO|IR] (For the lulz)
[19:28] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> heh Sup can stay
03[19:28] * NoU (*hostmask*) has joined #cn-octava
03[19:29] * liltrekkie[OO|IR] sets mode: +b *hostmask*
03[19:29] * NoU was kicked by liltrekkie[OO|IR] (SPAI)
03[19:29] * Lezrahi (*hostmask*) has joined #cn-octava
01[19:29] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> liltrekkie[OO|IR]. I'd like to formally introduce myself. I'm the TIO Executive Imperial Commander. Please refrain from personally attacking TIO members, it is unappreciated. Skippy's mother does indeed have cancer and I would really appreciate it if you apoligised to him.
[19:29] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> I see no wars
[19:30] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> SO heh
04[19:30] <Aaron> [17:25:39] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> liltrekkie[OO|IR]... get with the times... ZI = Zombie Infection <- lulz
06[19:30] * ~liltrekkie[OO|IR] does things for the lulz
[19:30] <EmperorMarx> So cancer is lulz for you?
[19:31] <Lezrahi> With how many tentacles?
[19:31] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> Everything is lulz to me
01[19:31] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> OOC attacks on members of TIO are unappreciated.
[19:31] <~liltrekkie[OO|IR]> And causing choas in #cn-octava is unappreciated
[19:32] <EmperorMarx> Chaos?
[19:32] <EmperorMarx> How is he causing chaos?
[19:32] <EmperorMarx> You're making OOC attacks about Skippy's mother whom has cancer.

That log segment contains the majority of TIO's reasons for conflict with OO. I realise that there is a very similar copy in the OP of their apology thread, but that copy lacks the last part which is quite substantial.

Additionally:

[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:31] <Skippy[TIO]> You do realize, I'm not joking when I say my mother has Cancer !@#$%^&.
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:31] <liltrekkie[OO|IR]>
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:31] <liltrekkie[OO|IR]> Srsly?
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:32] <Skippy[TIO]> ...
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:32] <liltrekkie[OO|IR]>
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:32] <Skippy[TIO]> Its not a laughing matter
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:32] <Skippy[TIO]> This is a legitimate CB for OOC attacks.
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:32] <liltrekkie[OO|IR]> Cool
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:34] <Skippy[TIO]> You don't seem to get it, do you
[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> -----

I had personally requested that Ezequiel or Trekkie make an apology for their treatment of this situation and the attitude towards it when we attempted to negotiate with them. I can post logs of our negotiations if required. Ezequiel argued that Trekkie was not a representative of OO (although their charter explicitly says that Trekkie is) and thus it was a matter between TIO and Trekkie, not TIO and OO.

Trekkie is indeed considered a representative of OO however and we thus made this request: ( A summary of negotiations)

I first established this:
[17:24] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> It is quite clear that trekkie has attacked Skippy in an OOC fashion. Trekkie represents OO, if you dispute that then that is your problem, by your own charter, we consider him a constant representative of OO.

To which he replied:
[17:27] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> Skippy insulted OO policy, Trekkie responded with a 'No your mom' comment.
[17:27] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> So what?
[17:27] <Skippy[TIO]> I insulted OO policy?
[17:28] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> [02:26] <Skippy[TIO]> Banning is immoral
[17:28] <~Voodoo> Zeke, is laughing at someone's mothers illness something you say is ok if someone insults OO policy?
[17:28] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> Not at all, but it's none of my concern.

Then: [17:29] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> As I see it this is not a matter of mine, if there is nothing else I will take my leave.
[17:29] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> There is something else.
[17:29] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> Then please share it.
[17:30] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> We would request a public apology be made to Skippy by you on Trekkie's behalf
[17:30] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> Or by Trekkie on his own behalf.
[17:31] * Randalla[AzN] *hostmask* has joined #HouseofVoodoo
[17:31] <Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]> But if, as you continue to claim, he doesn't represent OO, it would be more fitting if you did so yourself.

His reply: (He didn't reply to it at all initially and I prompted him)
[17:40] <Ezequiel[OOut|Leave_A_Query]> Your request had been denied Sup4l33t3ki11a[TIO]. Good day.

Since that moment OO have made an apology which we have accepted. Thank you for finally agreeing to work with us on this.

I hope this post helps to clarify TIO's position to people who have been otherwise unaware of things.

-Sup4l33t3ki11a, Imperial Commander of TIO

PS: Special thanks to all our allies who were so very supportive throughout this whole event and an additional shout out to Randalla of AzN, thanks for being so fair in negotiations.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Felix von Agnu' date='25 June 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1277435441' post='2349518']
There is not a facepalm large enough for this whole cluster$%&@. Seriously, what he said wasn't all that vile. All I see is people trying to create a mountain out of a molehill.
[/quote]
I'll echo this statement. None of this was needed or necessary, if you worked it out behind closed doors then this thread is pointless, except for trying to paint one party or another as bad.

Edit: and you really needed to put a flag at the beginning? usually you leave those for actual announcements..

Edited by iMatt

[quote name='Sup4l33t3ki11a' date='24 June 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1277435148' post='2349511']
Since that moment OO have made an apology which we have accepted. Thank you for finally agreeing to work with us on this.

I hope this post helps to clarify TIO's position to people who have been otherwise unaware of things.

-Sup4l33t3ki11a, Imperial Commander of TIO
[/quote]

In my opinion, this is the only statement that should have been made in the prior thread.

Wow, you guys are children. "Look at me! My e-peen is bigger than yours so I am going to take you into conflict negotiations over a misinterpretation! Yayyy look at me, I am cool, but also VERY offended! I need to show you just how offended I am by blowing this situation way out of proportion!!!!"
I hope you fine gentlemen have a nice time waving your "stats" around.

Oh ffs.

I feel for you two's allies. Look, grow up, and try not to post stuff like this.

The kind of OOC attacks that are - and should be - a CB are when you do stuff like looking up an [ooc]player's RL address[/ooc] and post that here. Telling Michael Jackson jokes and making possibly tasteless remarks about someone's mother are not.

OOC attacks! I still want to know why TIO think liltrekkie had to make the initial apology? He couldn't possibly have known anything about Skippy's mum when he made the 'your mum' joke, but for some reason Skippy then brought up the cancer, and promptly proceeded to get offended by it.

And even more staggeringly you guys were apparently surprised that he didn't take you seriously enough, when you'd been dicking around in his channel the whole time previously. Just bizarre.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Seriously TIO, you couldn't be laughed at enough so you had to make your own thread?

Edit:

[quote]Since that moment OO have made an apology which we have accepted. Thank you for finally agreeing to work with us on this.

-Sup4l33t3ki11a, Imperial Commander of TIO[/quote]

So your accepting their apology, but not until after you make a text-wall openly criticizing them and trying to drag them through the mud?

Edited by memoryproblems

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='24 June 2010 - 11:11 PM' timestamp='1277435458' post='2349519']
Stay classy now OO.
[/quote]
None of the alliances in this have any class.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='24 June 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1277435731' post='2349526']
I enjoy being logdumped in two threads in bad context. Good luck, TIO.
[/quote]
Marx, you always look bad. Wait.... that's bad in the good way though!

[quote name='Laserwolf' date='25 June 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1277435937' post='2349537']
In my opinion, this is the only statement that should have been made in the prior thread.
[/quote]
I, for one, agree with this. Both threads have been made whilst I was not on IRC <.<

"[20:51] <&Skippy[TIO]> [17:32] <Skippy[TIO]> This is a legitimate CB for OOC attacks."

seriously dude?...if OOC attacks were enough of a CB you'd be finding plenty more wars going on. Yes it was bad comment that trekkie made but threatening with alliance war is seriously your answer for it?

you'd think people would have learned over that !@#$%^&* NpO-\m/ war :/