Celestial Being Announcement

[center][img]http://i50.tinypic.com/op2oly.png[/img]

As you all should know, Celestial Being was founded as an alliance dedicated to doing what we feel is right. From the very beginning we've been for helping the raided victims when we could because we feel it is wrong. While we respect others opinions on the matter, we must hold ourselves accountable in order to make sure that we not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. As such we immediately set out to message nations that have come under unjust attack and worked with them and the attacker in order to acquire peace before giving them asylum as long as they needed as well as any financial aid they might need, which to date has totaled well over $60 million.

But we didn't stop there, we also pushed for helping alliances that are trying to start out on this Planet but come under attack for no reason other than personal greed. We, with the help of other great alliances, have formed the Freedom of the Seas Pact and have been actively working to help upcoming alliances with help when we could, as evident with the recent ERA temporary protectorate that was announced not too long ago.

Now, there is another threat looming over the horizon. The possibility that an alliances can be held at war indefinitely to an "unconditional surrender." While I admit we may be late to coming to help (OOC: Finals, work, etc), our stance against their policy is complete distaste. We will not sit idly by while precedents such as this are being allowed to be carried out.

As such as of this moment we will be sending out $15 million to IRON nations at war for their freedom from a war that should have ended long ago, and against terms that should not be allowed to pass. Our aim is not to escalate this conflict, if it were so we would be declaring directly against gremlins. Ours is merely to remind gremlins that this community does have a tipping point, just as others have pushed the world to its breaking point in the past. We are showing them our stand against them in the best way our small alliance can. We know many alliances whom disagree with gremlins and want to help IRON are under terms to help, so it's our responsibility as an alliance that stands up for its values and beliefs to intervene.

At this point we have already informed our protectors in the Viridian Entente that any help that would be required by our treaty be waived as a direct result of this action. This is our personal stance and we will not use VE's good faith and trust in us to abused as leverage. We will stand up for what we believe in on our own two feet, and accept the responsibility of our actions, just as gremlins must now do.

Thank you for your time,

WarriorConcept, Veda of Celestial being
[/center]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' date='26 May 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1274930832' post='2313012']
15 Million? You know as well as i do WC that isnt even going to make the Gremlins flinch
[/quote]

WickedJ. it's the thought that counts.

and that thought is really going to make the gramlins sore

[quote name='wickedj' date='26 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274930832' post='2313012']
15 Million? You know as well as i do WC that isnt even going to make the Gremlins flinch
[/quote]

I'm afraid our alliance isn't that developed in the mid to upper tiers as we donate a lot of money to nations being raided, but we will do what we can. This is not a one time deal, this will continue until the war is over.

[quote name='Pomiell' date='26 May 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1274930927' post='2313016']
and that thought is really going to make the gramlins sore
[/quote]

If the thought that everyone hates them hasn't made them sore in the past two months then this won't be doing much.

But good luck I suppose.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='26 May 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1274931183' post='2313025']
If the thought that everyone hates them hasn't made them sore in the past two months then this won't be doing much.

But good luck I suppose.
[/quote]

Thoughts can only travel so far, at the very least we're going to remind them that some people will not just sit by and only speak out against evil, but also act on it.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 04:21 AM' timestamp='1274930501' post='2312998']

At this point we have already informed our protectors in the Viridian Entente that any help that would be required by our treaty be waived as a direct result of this action. This is our personal stance and we will not use VE's good faith and trust in us to abused as leverage. We will stand up for what we believe in on our own two feet, and accept the responsibility of our actions, just as gremlins must now do.

Thank you for your time,

WarriorConcept, Veda of Celestial being
[/center]
[/quote]

Just to be clear, this does not mean we don't still have the option of defending CB if Gre is stupid enough to respond with a DoW.

May be kind of obvious, but I feel it needs to be said so that no one is surprised if the inferred becomes necessary.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

I applaud you for taking a stance.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='26 May 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1274931509' post='2313034']
Just to be clear, this does not mean we don't still have the option of defending CB if Gre is stupid enough to respond with a DoW.
[/quote]

and I applaud you for being a true friend.

[quote name='wickedj' date='26 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274930832' post='2313012']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It is more of a statement than anything else. Although I do have to agree that the statement won't mean much to Gremlins. Nevertheless I do commend CB for doing what it believes right.[/color]

Wow, what's next? Celestial Tech Embargoes on Grämlins? Even if that has already been done, that changes little; This is just another facet in the PR grabs by several insignificant alliances. Insignificant in that no matter what action they took, they could not harm the Grämlins. Only Grämlins can harm Grämlins, and they seem to have that covered by themselves. Don't delude yourselves into believing this action you've taken will affect their self-inflicted downfall.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='27 May 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1274933061' post='2313084']
Wow, what's next? Celestial Tech Embargoes on Grämlins? Even if that has already been done, that changes little; This is just another facet in the PR grabs by several insignificant alliances. Insignificant in that no matter what action they took, they could not harm the Grämlins. Only Grämlins can harm Grämlins, and they seem to have that covered by themselves. Don't delude yourselves into believing this action you've taken will affect their self-inflicted downfall.
[/quote]

You really are trying too hard to paint anything as a PR grab. We're standing up for what we believe in with the best means available to us considering our alliance size. We've waived any help from VE if anybody decides to retaliate and quite frankly our alliance isn't that big so it is a lot of what we can contribute barring actual fighting, which would only escalate the war and end up working against our goal of peace in this conflict. By showing that alliances will stand up to gremlins in actions such as these, we are delivering the message that people's resolve does not only end on the OWF.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 12:11 AM' timestamp='1274933495' post='2313097']
You really are trying too hard to paint anything as a PR grab. We're standing up for what we believe in with the best means available to us considering our alliance size. We've waived any help from VE if anybody decides to retaliate and quite frankly our alliance isn't that big so it is a lot of what we can contribute barring actual fighting, which would only escalate the war and end up working against our goal of peace in this conflict. By showing that alliances will stand up to gremlins in actions such as these, we are delivering the message that people's resolve does not only end on the OWF.
[/quote]

Your message means nothing. It's easy to "stand up" to an alliance that is falling apart.

Oh here we go again, a thread involving Support for IRON, and then poster just so happen to be from the winning side of the war tell us its unnecessary.

It goes like this guys, [ooc] Every once in a while I find myself raising or giving money to World Vision, an organization that helps impoverished people around the world. Now I have maybe given or raised a hundred dollars for them in my life, and that money has likely not had the effect of saving a life. Does that stop me from doing what I can? Ofcourse not, because I know that through the collective efforts of many people, we can fight poverty, feed the hungry, heal the sick, and save lifes. [/ooc]