Celestial Being Announcement

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='27 May 2010 - 12:14 AM' timestamp='1274933626' post='2313101']
Your message means nothing. It's easy to "stand up" to an alliance that is falling apart.
[/quote]

Well then, I await other alliances to join us and stand up to said alliance ;)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 May 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1274934049' post='2313114']
Quite sad to see this from you.
[/quote]

I've always stood up for what I believed in, and I'm fairly certain neither MK nor CnG will be getting involved ;)

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 12:26 AM' timestamp='1274934345' post='2313122']
I've always stood up for what I believed in, and I'm fairly certain MK nor CnG will be getting involved ;)
[/quote]
I have no idea what the heck that means.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I could never be against any alliance (or even individual) trying to stand up and show support for whatever they believe in by doing whatever they can to fight for the cause, be that throwing a single rock, a few aid packages, or a barrage of nuclear weapons. However, that said, the claims being made here are pretty pretentious. You're not some small alliance fighting a giant monster by giving all you can to work towards an ideal. Rather, you're more of an alliance who likes IRON, dislikes Gre, and sees a chance to get some easy PR by playing off of the popular anti-gre sentiment. There's nothing wrong with that; you can feel however you want and do whatever you want. I'm nobody to judge anybody else's actions. However, it is what it is... and it's not like IRON hasn't been constantly growing in strength the last 30 days, or anything like that.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='27 May 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1274934613' post='2313126']
Protip: Neither does he.
[/quote]

Or I've talked to CnG prior to taking this action, but do keep up the hate, it's entertaining in a depressing kind of way.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1274934698' post='2313129']
Or I've talked to CnG prior to taking this action, but do keep up the hate, it's entertaining in a depressing kind of way.
[/quote]
Or what you said makes literally no sense. Your usage of "nor" doesn't appear to be at all what you meant.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

[quote name='Hereno' date='27 May 2010 - 12:30 AM' timestamp='1274934638' post='2313127']
I could never be against any alliance (or even individual) trying to stand up and show support for whatever they believe in by doing whatever they can to fight for the cause, be that throwing a single rock, a few aid packages, or a barrage of nuclear weapons. However, that said, the claims being made here are pretty pretentious. You're not some small alliance fighting a giant monster by giving all you can to work towards an ideal. Rather, you're more of an alliance who likes IRON, dislikes Gre, and sees a chance to get some easy PR by playing off of the popular anti-gre sentiment. There's nothing wrong with that; you can feel however you want and do whatever you want. I'm nobody to judge anybody else's actions. However, it is what it is... and it's not like IRON hasn't been constantly growing in strength the last 30 days, or anything like that.
[/quote]

I can't say I've ever actually liked IRON much, but really this is about doing what's right regardless. At the time of the NpO stomping I didn't like NpO, but I still argued for them because I knew what was happening was wrong. And to be honest I haven't been keeping up with any stat charts, I'm just amazed that the war is still going on and that seems to be because gremlins believe they can continue this path indefinitely without any other opposition, and the best way in my opinion to end this quickly is by showing them that they're wrong. If doing the right thing happens to bring good PR, well I'm not going to argue against it am I? The whole point is to get more alliances to step up and realize it [i]is[/i] the right thing to do and hopefully they will take a similar stand soon.

Edit:

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 May 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1274934757' post='2313131']
Or what you said makes literally no sense. Your usage of "nor" doesn't appear to be at all what you meant.
[/quote]

I meant to write neither MK nor CnG, sorry I'm kinda sleepy :P

Edited by WarriorConcept

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1274934698' post='2313129']
[/quote]

Oh okay. Your sins are absolved, congratulations.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='27 May 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1274936118' post='2313164']
[/quote]

Are you calling standing up for I believe in right now to be a sin? Or are you completely going off-topic and trying to appear clever?

Really you should relax, it's almost pitiful seeing you try to show so much hate.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1274936296' post='2313168']
Are you calling standing up for I believe in right now to be a sin? Or are you completely going off-topic and trying to appear clever?

Really you should relax, it's almost pitiful seeing you try to show so much hate.
[/quote]

I'm really surprised you didn't understand what I meant. Hint; This isn't hate and it's working.

How are you standing up for what you believe in? Gremlins are dying, there is nothing to stand up to. To me this seems to be nothing more then a PR try. And why so long? I mean Gremlins have declared unconditional surrender for what over a month now? Where was your post then?

I'm not saying the thought is wrong, its just not needed now. People are going to hate on you, because frankly IRON don't deserve any ounce of help they are getting since Gremlins are falling apart anyways. The thought would have been nice if Gremlins were actually destroying IRON.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='26 May 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1274941434' post='2313244']
How are you standing up for what you believe in? Gremlins are dying, there is nothing to stand up to. To me this seems to be nothing more then a PR try. And why so long? I mean Gremlins have declared unconditional surrender for what over a month now? Where was your post then?
[/quote]

We're offering assistance to those that need help. That was the foundation of Celestial Being and that's what we're doing now. As for why this took so long, we actually planned this a month ago. However, several internal complications arose (ooc: finals were this month for WC and I so there was no one to carry out the plan) as well as some external complications so we had to wait before we could act.

[quote]
I'm not saying the thought is wrong, its just not needed now. People are going to hate on you, because frankly IRON don't deserve any ounce of help they are getting since Gremlins are falling apart anyways. The thought would have been nice if Gremlins were actually destroying IRON.
[/quote]

I do not really see how the Gremlins falling apart should make IRON ineligible to receive aid. Some IRON nations are more stressed than they would have been at peace time because of Gremlins decision to keep IRON at war. We're just trying to ease some of that stress as much as we can.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='26 May 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1274933061' post='2313084']
\Only Grämlins can harm Grämlins, and they seem to have that covered by themselves.[/quote]
Not true. The NSO's Psyops© have confirmedly caused the loss of at least 2%, and probably a lot more, of Gre's members.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='26 May 2010 - 11:55 PM' timestamp='1274936118' post='2313164']
[/quote]
Hey. Only Rebel Virginia is allowed to absolve people of those.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='27 May 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1274941434' post='2313244']
People are going to hate on you, because frankly IRON don't deserve any ounce of help they are getting since Gremlins are falling apart anyways. The thought would have been nice if Gremlins were actually destroying IRON.
[/quote]

Being wrong like Gramlins and being utterly incompetent at it doesn't means its okay.

Usual Haters hating. o\
--

We really appreciate this Gesture CB and I'll not forget it o\ Thanks :)

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='27 May 2010 - 06:21 AM' timestamp='1274930501' post='2312998']
[center]
[left]At this point we have already informed our protectors in the Viridian Entente that any help that would be required by our treaty be waived as a direct result of this action. This is our personal stance and we will not use VE's good faith and trust in us to abused as leverage.
[/left][/center]
[/quote]

I really liked this part. Good luck in your ventures!

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='26 May 2010 - 11:04 PM' timestamp='1274933061' post='2313084']
Wow, what's next? Celestial Tech Embargoes on Grämlins? Even if that has already been done, that changes little; This is just another facet in the PR grabs by several insignificant alliances. Insignificant in that no matter what action they took, they could not harm the Grämlins. Only Grämlins can harm Grämlins, and they seem to have that covered by themselves. Don't delude yourselves into believing this action you've taken will affect their self-inflicted downfall.
[/quote]

much like what \m/ does every time it posts? take your little "temp stopping of raiding" thread. completely unnecessary except as a PR stunt, much like the "we are now raiding" thread was completely unnecessary. yet, we saw \m/ post both of those... this thread by CB at least has more value towards the rest of CN than does the internal policies of \m/ do. especially when anyone with a brain should have realized that the stopping of raiding was temporary at best.

anyways, thank you to CB for this gesture, though it is a shame that DAWN seems to always be forgotten.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' date='26 May 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1274936296' post='2313168']

[/quote]

he is another loud-mouth like most of \m/ are. only a handful in \m/ are actually as clever as they believe themselves to be. most are simply just foolish.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='27 May 2010 - 01:24 AM' timestamp='1274941434' post='2313244']
How are you standing up for what you believe in? Gremlins are dying, there is nothing to stand up to. To me this seems to be nothing more then a PR try. And why so long? I mean Gremlins have declared unconditional surrender for what over a month now? Where was your post then?[/quote]

reread the op, it explains why it took so long. as for a PR try, yes it may be, but it also goes hand in hand with the values the CB was created to uphold. so instead of ya'll (you Keshav, Marx, and others) continue being ignorant in your speech, you could learn what CB actually holds as values and their actions prior to this in other situations.

[quote]I'm not saying the thought is wrong, its just not needed now. People are going to hate on you, because frankly IRON don't deserve any ounce of help they are getting since Gremlins are falling apart anyways. The thought would have been nice if Gremlins were actually destroying IRON.
[/quote]

oh, so where were you when we saw alliances from SG side continue piling on alliances from TOP/Co's side when it was clear that the alliances from TOP/Co's side were nearing the end? i mean, a TOP/Co alliance would get peace and some of the 4-6 alliances on SG's side would then declare war on a different alliance from TOP/Co's side. that is much worse than this and yet not a peep out of you iirc.