Celestial Being Announcement

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='27 May 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1274962773' post='2313408']
this thread by CB at least has [b]more value towards the rest of CN than does the internal policies of \m/[/b] do. especially when [b]anyone with a brain should have realized that the stopping of raiding was temporary at best[/b].[/quote]

I disagree. Polaris saw it fit to act because they did not like our internal policies. As a result, we felt it necessary to let the world know that we were changing a policy that essentially brought the world to war. You were one of those people who felt it prudent to share your unwanted interpretation of our constitution at that time as well if I remember correctly.

You're absolutely right and I'm glad you're one of those people who have a brain. Could have fooled me.

Edited by Emperor Marx

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NpO-\m/ war was started because Grub was on a goddamn rampage. He told GOONS, PC, \m/, RoK and his own government each a different story, the public two more, and after the war ended, managed to leave a few allies out to dry for an encore. Our raiding policies had everything and nothing to do with it at the same time, depending on which of Grub's stories you want to follow. We never ran to PC for a bailout, Grub had led us to believe they were a target as well (he never told them anything I hear). After all of that and through over four months of reflecting on it, I'm still not sure exactly why Grub decided to throw away so much to go after us. If you could tell me, I'd love to hear about it.

I imagine you're enjoying this a bit, WC.

Good luck.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='27 May 2010 - 08:19 AM' timestamp='1274962773' post='2313408']
oh, so where were you when we saw alliances from SG side continue piling on alliances from TOP/Co's side when it was clear that the alliances from TOP/Co's side were nearing the end? i mean, a TOP/Co alliance would get peace and some of the 4-6 alliances on SG's side would then declare war on a different alliance from TOP/Co's side. [b]that is much worse than this[/b] and yet not a peep out of you iirc.
[/quote]

Bolding mine.

Do tell, I'd love to hear the rationale for this one.

Edit: No, really. I honestly don't get how that's such a terrible act.

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='27 May 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1275014253' post='2314165']
More revisionist history I see. Damn, how do you keep all the stories straight. 50 tech if you can show where we [u][b]ran[/b][/u] to stronger allies.
[/quote]

Cause you fought NpO all by your lonesome after shooting your mouths off at Grub on IRC right?

No of course you didn't, it kicked off a global war instead.

You've lucked out, I don't have any spare aid slots, getting paid for a donation, so you can keep your 50 tech.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='27 May 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1275014657' post='2314177']
I disagree. Polaris saw it fit to act because they did not like our internal policies. As a result, we felt it necessary to let the world know that we were changing a policy that essentially brought the world to war. You were one of those people who felt it prudent to share your unwanted interpretation of our constitution at that time as well if I remember correctly.

You're absolutely right and I'm glad you're one of those people who have a brain. Could have fooled me.
[/quote]

wrong time Marx. i was talking of when \m/ decided to announce to the whole world that they were temporarily stopping their tech-raiding and then reinstated it a couple of weeks later.

but nice that all you have is some ad hominem against me. you seem to see fit to comment on CB doing something since they posted it on the OWF despite your opinion being unwanted, why do you complain if someone does the same to \m/ when ya'll post on the OWF? if you don't like it, don't do it. otherwise stfu when it happens to you and \m/.

[quote name='Aurion' date='27 May 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1275016906' post='2314216']
Bolding mine.

Do tell, I'd love to hear the rationale for this one.

Edit: No, really. I honestly don't get how that's such a terrible act.
[/quote]

actually, i was basing that off of Keshav's statement about CB's aid being this godawful horrible thing (paraphrase) because Gremlins is dying. so i simply asked where he was when the situation i described happen. if aiding IRON is so horrible, where was he when the situation above happened.

i don't really care one way or another about alliances dogpiling on the enemy as peace is gained on different fronts. it is a valid tactic.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='27 May 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1275018597' post='2314242']
Cause you fought NpO all by your lonesome after shooting your mouths off at Grub on IRC right?

You've lucked out, I don't have any spare aid slots, getting paid for a donation, so you can keep your 50 tech.
[/quote]

As a matter of fact, we were in negotiations to prevent the war from escalating beyond PC/\m/ & Polar when arguments over details and grub's about-face on one of the terms derailed them. Of course, you'll believe any BS version that fits your preconceptions because you're annoyed that we criticized your protectorate. Enjoy yourself. If you're ever interested in the actual truth, go find somebody who was actually involved in the NpO-\m/ war and they'll fill you in.

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='28 May 2010 - 03:50 AM' timestamp='1275018597' post='2314242']

[/quote]
And yet you offer no proof. As a matter of fact we did fight NpO on our own for sometime. You lose sir, good day!
You really are clueless about what went down aren't you.

Edited by Merrie Melodies

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='28 May 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1275019814' post='2314252']
As a matter of fact, we were in negotiations to prevent the war from escalating beyond [b]PC/\m/ & Polar[/b] when arguments over details and grub's about-face on one of the terms derailed them.
[/quote]

Bold mine, that kind of conclusively demonstrates you didn't go it alone doesn't it?

[quote]
Of course, you'll believe any BS version that fits your preconceptions because you're annoyed that we criticized your protectorate. Enjoy yourself. If you're ever interested in the actual truth.
[/quote]

What you mean my assertions that your alliance being dipwads escalated into a global war? That's my preconception? Seems like a pretty accurate description of events to me. I don't think that bits up for debate considering you bothered to publicly apologize over it already. Who's spinning now?

[quote] go find somebody who was actually involved in the NpO-\m/ war and they'll fill you in.[/quote]

What you mean like anybody at all?

It was a global war in case you forgot, there were thousands of people involved. Its also the same conflict that lead us to the Gre/IRON !@#$%^&* were seeing now. So planet bob is still dealing with the fall out from having to clean up your mess.

[quote name='Arthur Blair' date='26 May 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1274932105' post='2313047']
I'm glad to see you're still the only moralist alliance on planet bob.
[/quote]

Not true.
Morality is indeed not a common trait on bob.
But they are not the only ones with it.

CB we may see each other on the same path very soon

o/ CB

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='28 May 2010 - 04:45 AM' timestamp='1275021937' post='2314285']
Bold mine, that kind of conclusively demonstrates you didn't go it alone doesn't it?

What you mean my assertions that your alliance being dipwads escalated into a global war? That's my preconception? Seems like a pretty accurate description of events to me. I don't think that bits up for debate considering you bothered to publicly apologize over it already. Who's spinning now?

What you mean like anybody at all?

It was a global war in case you forgot, there were thousands of people involved. Its also the same conflict that lead us to the Gre/IRON !@#$%^&* were seeing now. So planet bob is still dealing with the fall out from having to clean up [u][b]your mess[/b][/u].
[/quote]

You might call it a mess but there are those of us who see it as a wondrous event. Watching people we dislike mash on each other is blissful. Also, you might go back and look at what dates the original conflicts started and do some reading, I dare you to find us asking for help. Hell, I might even suggest you ask Grub how it went down, since you are obviously clueless to the truth.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='28 May 2010 - 05:10 AM' timestamp='1275019814' post='2314252']
As a matter of fact, we were in negotiations to prevent the war from escalating beyond PC/\m/ & Polar when arguments over details and grub's about-face on one of the terms derailed them.
[/quote]

Typo, I would take his word for it on this one.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the issue at hand?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='28 May 2010 - 03:13 AM' timestamp='1275030786' post='2314404']
Typo, I would take his word for it on this one.

Also, what does any of this have to do with the issue at hand?
[/quote]

Lol it doesn't, I believe him, that isnt even close to the point I was making so I have no idea why it was brought up, whatever. Sleepy time.

[quote name='Utracia' date='28 May 2010 - 03:28 AM' timestamp='1275031719' post='2314418']
Too bad there won't be any Gundams doing their needed work but this is its own statement and I approve of this gesture. Hopefully one day your Meisters will have the power for real armed interventions :)
[/quote]

Well if gremlins decide to do something about it, lest they open up the floodgates to everyone aiding IRON/DAWN when they realize there are no repercussions, you might get to see us doing some armed intervention then.

Granted I hope they don't fight and the aid pours in and then they realize it's a lost cause and finally end the war. Should be fun either way.

[quote name='wickedj' date='27 May 2010 - 07:27 AM' timestamp='1274930832' post='2313012']
15 Million? You know as well as i do WC that isnt even going to make the Gremlins flinch
[/quote]

Actually with that warchest a 3-4k infra nation can work wonders...at least I did work wonders without it and against it only by stealing...

[quote name='Lysandros' date='28 May 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1275070605' post='2314733']
Actually with that warchest a 3-4k infra nation can work wonders...at least I did work wonders without it and against it only by stealing...
[/quote]

Not to mention, 15 million was only the starting batch. We will continue sending money as it becomes available. We have just sent another 6 million actually.

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='27 May 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1275018683' post='2314243']
actually, i was basing that off of Keshav's statement about CB's aid being this godawful horrible thing (paraphrase) because Gremlins is dying. so i simply asked where he was when the situation i described happen. if aiding IRON is so horrible, where was he when the situation above happened.

i don't really care one way or another about alliances dogpiling on the enemy as peace is gained on different fronts. it is a valid tactic.
[/quote]
Ah, thank you for clarifying.

Sorry for maybe jumping down your throat a bit about that, haha. It reminded me uncomfortably of some of the peace mode stuff from back in the day.

[quote name='wickedj' date='26 May 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1274930832' post='2313012']
15 Million? You know as well as i do WC that isnt even going to make the Gremlins flinch
[/quote]

Don't knock 15 mil, wicked. Not everyone has 83k NS.

Edit:[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='27 May 2010 - 05:59 PM' timestamp='1274997572' post='2313909']
At this time I would also like to remind people who said I was paranoid when CB announced their anti raiding protection and I stated VE would have CB's back even if it involved large established alliances, take a look at what has been said in this thread.

Epic "anti tech raiding moralist war" to follow.
[/quote]

I suppose for it to be a proper anti-raiding crusade... VE would have to come after GOD as well since we allow it.

Please VE, don't betray us? :P

Edited by Aurion

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='27 May 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1275018683' post='2314243']
[b]wrong time Marx.[/b] i was talking of when \m/ decided to announce to the whole world that they were temporarily stopping their tech-raiding and then reinstated it a couple of weeks later.

but nice that all you have is some ad hominem against me. you seem to see fit to comment on CB doing something since they posted it on the OWF despite your opinion being unwanted, why do you complain if someone does the same to \m/ when ya'll post on the OWF? if you don't like it, don't do it. otherwise stfu when it happens to you and \m/.
[/quote]

Correction, right time. Polaris made a rather physical inquiry in regards to our internal policies one before making it "relevant" to the world from that point on. Had we announced we suspending Tech Raiding during the war that wouldn't accomplish anything since that's a common practice. Doing so after the war had died down was a political statement, one you don't seem to be able to grasp as well as you thought you could.

Your argument would hold if this wasn't a Foreign Affairs venture undertaken by CB. If you take my comments as complaining then you're missing the point.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='28 May 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1275104915' post='2315252']

Your argument would hold if this wasn't a Foreign Affairs venture undertaken by CB. If you take my comments as complaining then you're missing the point.
[/quote]

You really seem to have an obsession with us, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='28 May 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1275104915' post='2315252']
Correction, right time. Polaris made a rather physical inquiry in regards to our internal policies one before making it "relevant" to the world from that point on.
[/quote]

I have a question about this. It's not really related to the rest of your comment and I may be misreading your statement but how is tech raiding policy considered internal policy when it directly affects nations outside of your alliance?

[quote]I suppose for it to be a proper anti-raiding crusade... VE would have to come after GOD as well since we allow it.

Please VE, don't betray us? :P [/quote]
:ph34r:

[quote]Too bad there won't be any Gundams doing their needed work[/quote]
You're free to throw your 100k NS nation into the meatgrinder if you want but I question the effectiveness of CB using that strategy ;)

[quote name='Emperor Marx' date='28 May 2010 - 10:48 PM' timestamp='1275104915' post='2315252']
Correction, right time. Polaris made a rather physical inquiry in regards to our internal policies one before making it "relevant" to the world from that point on. Had we announced we suspending Tech Raiding during the war that wouldn't accomplish anything since that's a common practice. Doing so after the war had died down was a political statement, one you don't seem to be able to grasp as well as you thought you could.[/quote]

so you are telling me that i am wrong because i am calling your suspension of raiding after the war, a PR stunt? you call it a political statement? really. that is amusing. a political statement would work if it was something permanent, not a suspension of tech raiding for a couple of weeks. big friggin deal. oooooh poor \m/ suffered through two whole weeks of no tech raiding. do you want a lollipop? seriously, that is just a huge PR stunt poor and simple. sorry you can't seem to grasp that as well as you thought you could.

[quote]Your argument would hold if this wasn't a Foreign Affairs venture undertaken by CB. If you take my comments as complaining then you're missing the point.
[/quote]

i am taking your comments as nothing really. you are taking potshots at an alliance. nothing more. how is this an FA venture when i doubt CB would be looking for a treaty with IRON or DAWN when this is over. seriously, you are coming up with the weakest !@#$ ever on this Marx.