An Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

I think at this point JB you have no ground when it comes to being angry at people who leak or otherwise mis-represent logs regarding you or your government. ;)

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been very clear on how couping an existing government works in GGA exactly. You don't have to be a government member, indeed you don't even have to be a member at all to be swept suddenly into power in GGA.

Is there a hidden "coup government" button in GGA headquarters I'm not aware of?

Edited by James Dahl

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='27 May 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1274992297' post='2313800']
Do yourself a favor and drop all of your grudges. As long as you hold them, GGA will never succeed. GGA will only make it if they clean their slate. Even then, it would be an uphill battle.
[/quote]

I don't care either way what happens to GGA, but it would be a challenge to drop a grudge or a negative impression against an alliance that has monthly public breakdowns and massive brain fartings like they do.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='27 May 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1274994077' post='2313836']
I don't care either way what happens to GGA, but it would be a challenge to drop a grudge or a negative impression against an alliance that has monthly public breakdowns and massive brain fartings like they do.
[/quote]

Uh, I meant GGA should drop its grudges, not people should drop their grudges against GGA. Besides, I think most people who had grudges against GGA are satisfied with has become of them.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='27 May 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1274992297' post='2313800']
Do yourself a favor and drop all of your grudges. As long as you hold them, GGA will never succeed. GGA will only make it if they clean their slate. Even then, it would be an uphill battle.
[/quote]

Agreed. While it's common sense that VE hasn't exactly been overly friendly with GGA, I don't think it helps to reciprocate their animosity.

Just to add another thing, I think people are misunderstanding the purpose of this thread. JB has made it clear that he wants to [i]dispel[/i] notions of his plans. I think he himself would agree with most of you and say that what was mentioned was ridiculous. It's imperative to realize that what was mentioned was in private channels and over extremely tense circumstances. This happens to even the best of us. Had this been in a public backdrop, it would be a different story. I think many people here are just band wagoning on top of GGA's terrible reputation without really considering the original intent of the announcement. I guess JB overestimated the ability of people to drop their prejudices for a little bit and to take his words at face value.

[quote name='Logan' date='27 May 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1274972485' post='2313523']
I think the funniest JB log is:

[20:29] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> Eminem is one of, if not the, best rapper out today.

I haven't seen these logs before today, and I most likely would have never seen them if not for this thread. I'm even allied to VE, the alliance who is being planned against, and I haven't heard a word about this. If that doesn't show you how much they didn't care about the situation prior to this thread then I don't know what to tell you. But congrats to GGA for once again digging a hole for themselves.
[/quote]

i find myself in the same situation as Logan does. i didn't hear about this and im allied to VE. in fact im more disappointed in my friends in VE for not sharing the laughs then anything else.

[quote name='Arcturus Jefferson' date='27 May 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1274995891' post='2313868']
If you can't trust what JB says [i]in private[/i], what use is there of listening to him at all? As the Romans say, "in venting, veritas"

/Of course, anyone trusting JB at this point is showing a lack of pattern recognition anyway
[/quote]

Not necessarily. I've seen many times where people say things in anger that they don't mean to say. I think this is one of those cases. Of course, I could be wrong. But what I'm saying is that people are failing to even recognize that JB is trying to reconcile what's been mentioned. All I see is the usual LOLGGA post. The purpose of the thread has devolved into focus on the log itself, not on the intent of the original poster.

[quote name='Rey the Great' date='27 May 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1274996784' post='2313889']
I think everyone in this thread now has only one goal in here. Watch VE kill GGA. They should lay low for a year or so first, of course.
[/quote]

But our court jester is what keeps us all entertained.

[quote name='Branimir' date='27 May 2010 - 04:33 PM' timestamp='1274995998' post='2313871']
Well,...I think VE should roll GGA and just end it already. Seriously.
[/quote]

No no, we're not cleaning up your mess. You guys take care of the cancer that you never went after. In fact, you should make bilrow lead the charge to destroy GGA. It would be fitting since he wanted to remove a cancer from the Green Sphere. We might as well as let him do it again. He did such a good job the last time.

[quote name='im317' date='27 May 2010 - 02:32 PM' timestamp='1274995948' post='2313869']
i find myself in the same situation as Logan does. i didn't hear about this and im allied to VE. in fact im more disappointed in my friends in VE for not sharing the laughs then anything else.
[/quote]

Yeah what gives VE, not spreading these logs like wildfire to embarrass the GGA :mad:

Well maybe they foresaw that GGA would make a big deal of it themselves.

[quote name='im317' date='27 May 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1274995948' post='2313869']
[/quote]

Sorry, we didn't want to bust your stitches.

This GGA has nothing to do with NPO. So, I suppose, I do not see what we have to do with this in any regard.

But then again, we couldn't have a thread without a mention now could we.
Bilrow is very much awesome, yes. He does things, he is a doer.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='27 May 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1274995378' post='2313858']
I guess JB overestimated the ability of people to drop their prejudices for a little bit and to take his words at face value.
[/quote]

Taking someones words at face value, against all common sense and evidence, should never been seen as a reasonable interpretation. Now, I understand you are friends with Brookbank, but do you honestly believe he said things to "weed out a mole"? That's just silly when you think about it in light of the circumstance. Same goes for a number of things surrounding the whole of the logs (i.e. green unity, etc) that have been brought up here. The face value of what he tells you, anyone else, or in the OP, does not comport to his actions or factual happenings.

That being said, almost all of the issues were minor/non issues in the first place, so its not that big of a deal. At least not to us, that is.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' date='26 May 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1274927708' post='2312925']
I'll make this brief. I know logs are circulating from the government channel of the Grand Global Alliance and I know for a fact who leaked them upon her exit from the GGA. These logs are over a month old and contain some pretty heated content regarding an alliance we were having some pretty major issues with at the time. They also contain some content I planted to [b]expose a suspected mole[/b]. Unfortunately the leak ended up being someone we did not suspect, but I digress. [b]This content was said in anger[/b] and quickly blew over and was forgotten about within the GGA. Apparently the person who leaked it and the person it was leaked to had other plans.

I stand here today to state that the Grand Global Alliance stands firm behind its commitment to the Green sphere with our Emerald Doctrine, regardless of what is contained in the logs. The Grand Global Alliance also currently holds no plans for aggressive action against any alliance, regardless of what you may be told.

Thank you.

Jonathan Brookbank
Sovereign and Chief Protector of the Realm
[/quote]

Odd contradiction there.

[quote name='Bill Wallace' date='28 May 2010 - 12:40 AM' timestamp='1275000031' post='2313944']
I would like to wish the everyday average Joe general member in GGA prosperity and happiness.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree more.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='27 May 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1274998506' post='2313926']
Taking someones words at face value, against all common sense and evidence, should never been seen as a reasonable interpretation. Now, I understand you are friends with Brookbank, but do you honestly believe he said things to "weed out a mole"? That's just silly when you think about it in light of the circumstance. Same goes for a number of things surrounding the whole of the logs (i.e. green unity, etc) that have been brought up here. The face value of what he tells you, anyone else, or in the OP, does not comport to his actions or factual happenings.

That being said, almost all of the issues were minor/non issues in the first place, so its not that big of a deal. At least not to us, that is.
[/quote]

I seem to have missed that part about weeding out a mole. You're right, I would be doubtful on that explanation.

I was actually talking about the anger issue, which to me, is more reasonable than holding onto prejudices. I understand the need for a couple of people to have a laugh here and there. I'm not questioning that you are wrong to criticize. But what is strange to me is that people don't even consider what Brookbank's intentions were. No debate, no discourse, no inquiry; nothing. That sounds like straight up blind prejudice to me.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='27 May 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1275000629' post='2313951']
I seem to have missed that part about weeding out a mole. You're right, I would be doubtful on that explanation.

I was actually talking about the anger issue, which to me, is more reasonable than holding onto prejudices. I understand the need for a couple of people to have a laugh here and there. I'm not questioning that you are wrong to criticize. But what is strange to me is that people don't even consider what Brookbank's intentions were. No debate, no discourse, no inquiry; nothing. That sounds like straight up blind prejudice to me.
[/quote]
Those of us who've had the pleasure to work with him repeatedly or on an extended basis don't really need to debate or ask questions on the subject. In both cooperative and adversarial roles Brookbank is... Brookbank. Paranoid, accusatory, and consistently getting into trouble. I s'pose I can understand your desire to see a more conciliatory role adopted with regard to him, but we detractors have been down that road, too, and only ended up with more of the same.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='27 May 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1275000629' post='2313951']

[/quote]
Unfortunatley thats how it's going to be. Petty grudges will continue to be held against GGA even if they change for the better. The other side will take every oppurtunity to scruntinize their rivals.

Edited by BlkAK47002

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='27 May 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1275001335' post='2313965']
Unfortunatley thats how it's going to be. Petty grudges will continue to be held against GGA even if they change for the better. The other side will take every oppurtunity to scruntinize their rivals.
[/quote]
Alliances change. People do not.