New Pacific Order - Regnum Invictorum Treaty

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='kriegsdrachen' date='20 May 2010 - 09:30 PM' timestamp='1274416214' post='2306476']
We couldn't have signed with better people.[/quote]

True, not signing treaties with the NPO is a habit of better people.

Edited by Sal Paradise

[quote name='AirMe' date='21 May 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1274398616' post='2306002']
All I hope is it becomes a bit more unpredictable than it has been. Because predictable is bad for the popcorn market.
[/quote]
The future of NPO wasnt on the minds of those who exacted revenge on them and sat back while they were repeatedly raided for a year instead of defending them. It would have been a bit more unpredictable had Karma thought of the future and not the past when dealing with NPO post surrender. After all the years of stick that was given for signing with alliances we fought a bitter war against I am surprised at your 180° turn today.

Congrats to our allies in Regnum Invictorum o/

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='21 May 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1274423578' post='2306642']
True, not signing treaties with the NPO is a habit of better people.
[/quote]

This statement isn't very neutral, Sal.

[quote name='White Chocolate' date='20 May 2010 - 11:25 PM' timestamp='1274412288' post='2306400']
I can see the defensive value of insisting on public treaties. No surprises. However one of the arguments I've heard as to why people sign MDP's and not ODP's is that otherwise they can't argue that they were "required" to get involved. Assuming this is correct, I do not see the defensive value.
[/quote]
It's a non-chaining MDP. The clause you're quoting specifies the conditions under which it does not chain. The clause is intended to chain in the event of secret treaties and the like being cited. Invicta and NPO still retain the right - which we have anyway per Moldavi - to assist in each other's defense should someone be required by a publicly-announced treaty to attack either of us.

BTW, thanks for actually reading the treaty. :)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='21 May 2010 - 09:49 AM' timestamp='1274449730' post='2306868']
Invicta and NPO still retain the right - which we have anyway per Moldavi - to assist in each other's defense should someone be required by a publicly-announced treaty to attack either of us.
[/quote]
*OSF doctrine

We did it first. Moldavi is just a copy cat.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='21 May 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1274449233' post='2306864']
NPO: Regaining their hold on Bob by exiting terms and allying fearsome military powers Invicta, NATO, Olympus, The Legion, and NSO.

Good game, SuperGrievances. Good game sirs.
[/quote]

Olympus is actually pretty good, just not talked about a lot on the global scale.

[quote name='janax' date='20 May 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1274411691' post='2306384']
Shocking. Welcome back Purple Colony
[/quote]
Don't be jealous now ;)

[quote name='DarkEra97' date='20 May 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1274412256' post='2306398']
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[/quote]
[url="http://xkcd.com/242/"]orly?[/url]

[quote name='flak attack' date='21 May 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1274450059' post='2306876']
*OSF doctrine

We did it first. Moldavi is just a copy cat.
[/quote]
Whatever. Let's just get everyone to accept the reality of alliance sovereignty, and then we can wipe out all the ODPs and nobody will cancel on their MDP partners because they signed an ODP with TOOL. :)

[quote name='The AUT' date='20 May 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1274396392' post='2305901']
I am shocked by NPO's willingness to sign treaties with alliances that stuck up for them. Seriously you should be signing with alliances like Athens, GOD and MK. What is [i]wrong [/i]with you. :rolleyes:

Congrats. :)
[/quote]
[url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Coalition_of_Cowards]They're not just signing with people who backed them.[/url]

Couldn't find the quote I wanted from AirMe about making new friends but I still wanted to reply. Our FA department has worked incredibly hard the last year to not only help with internal repairing of things but also with extending themselves into as many alliances as we had man power. I know you've been around long enough to know a good portion of Pacifican history so you would also know that it takes more than just a 'hey how are ya' in an embassy here and there to repair anything especially while we were under terms and even our closest friends hated us.

Yes, we didn't come out of terms with some grand ground breaking God awesome treaty string that would shake planet Bob. We have made a new friend and were very excited at pursuing a treaty with them but certain forces did not want such to happen. Has that stopped us from still talking to them? No way. It made us further appreciate R&R government and members.

[quote name='NoFish' date='20 May 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1274408122' post='2306292']Congratulations on re-signing with your long time friends and allies, NPO. When should we expect to see the IRON, TOP and MHA treaties?[/quote]

It's with the GGA, Sparta and GOD treaties. :awesome:

Except the IRON one. I'd like that to happen once Ramlins grows up.

[quote name='Corinan' date='21 May 2010 - 05:23 AM' timestamp='1274444600' post='2306798']
This statement isn't very neutral, Sal.
[/quote]

As I said the last time you called me out for not being neutral, that post contains one positive element and one negative element. They cancel each other out creating perfect neutrality.

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='21 May 2010 - 06:31 PM' timestamp='1274463068' post='2307062']
2007 called. It wants its opinion back.
[/quote]

You just gave me another reason to dislike you for that one. I really hope you didn't think you were funny.