New Pacific Order - Regnum Invictorum Treaty

And lo, Admin spake:
Let the world shake with the weight
Of such terrifying and unexpected treaties,
Pacifica and Invicta together bound,
Now and forever more.

Now, commence with the wailing and the gnashing of teeth.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 May 2010 - 06:27 PM' timestamp='1274398035' post='2305980']
As you stated, they had a year and a half to build relations. Every time MK was under terms, our diplos were out attempting to make new friends.

A treaty with Ronin requires a metric ton more effort than that. Ask Gondor how long it took to get an OMP done.
[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head and I am happy to say that while some have been more tense than others, we have been making friends in some surprising places. It will be interesting to see what lies ahead.

[quote name='Wentworth the Brave' date='20 May 2010 - 07:34 PM' timestamp='1274398444' post='2305998']
You hit the nail on the head and I am happy to say that while some have been more tense than others, we have been making friends in some surprising places. It will be interesting to see what lies ahead.
[/quote]

All I hope is it becomes a bit more unpredictable than it has been. Because predictable is bad for the popcorn market.

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 May 2010 - 07:22 PM' timestamp='1274397749' post='2305962']
You'd be surprised what Ronin would have been willing to do had the effort had been there........[/quote]

Heyo! :awesome:

On another note, I'm happy to see this treaty!

o/ Invicta

Edited by MTTezla

[quote name='AirMe' date='21 May 2010 - 12:33 AM' timestamp='1274398384' post='2305994']
I am allied to OSA, Genesis, MK, =LOST= and Gondor, who exactly in that group betrayed NPO?
[/quote]

All those alliances are aligned to the side that were against Pacifica.

OSA is part of the Checkmate with Genesis and Ronin.
Genesis is allied to Polaris and Ronin is allied to MK.
=LOST= is part of CnG.. do I need to go more into detail?

Come on now. I'm sure NPO is making some sort of attempt to become friends with others on "that side" that may not be Ronin in particular.

Edit: Gondor comment, way off. Sorry.

Edited by The AUT

[quote name='The AUT' date='20 May 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1274398634' post='2306005']

Gondor is tied to Polaris who is tied to STA who is tied with MK who is tied with CnG and "that side" of the MDP web.

Come on now. I'm sure NPO is making some sort of attempt to become friends with others on "that side" that may not be Ronin in particular.
[/quote]

That's not what AirMe asked.

Also your Gondor line is hilarious.

[quote name='AirMe' date='21 May 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1274398616' post='2306002']
All I hope is it becomes a bit more unpredictable than it has been. Because predictable is bad for the popcorn market.
[/quote]
You can always play with yourself, if you find us boring. We will not mind.

[quote name='The AUT' date='20 May 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1274398634' post='2306005']

Gondor is tied to Polaris who is tied to STA who is tied with MK who is tied with CnG and "that side" of the MDP web.

[/quote]

None of those are instances of betrayal against the NPO. If you are going to make a point, be prepared to prove it. Who, out of the people you mentioned, have betrayed Pacifica? No more red herrings please.

[quote name='Branimir' date='20 May 2010 - 07:39 PM' timestamp='1274398742' post='2306009']
You can always play with yourself, if you find us boring. We will not mind.
[/quote]

ZING! :awesome:

I don't want to find you boring. :ehm: I don't want to find you predictable either.

[quote name='Jorost' date='20 May 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1274396170' post='2305882']
III. The signatories reserve the right to assist each other in any wars that they may be involved in, and [b]it should not be a surprise to anyone if they decide to fight alongside each other at any time.[/b][/quote]

Hey now wait just a darn minute. I didn't sign this treaty. You have no power over my surprise.

[quote name='silentkiller' date='20 May 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1274397917' post='2305969']
Hey Airme, I think you are a swell dude. Want a treaty? :P

Also please change your name back to Invicta, it's kind of hard to remember the new name.
[/quote]
I'm referring to them as The Alliance Formerly Known As Invicta, or TAFKA Invicta. It's still easier to remember than Regnum Invictorum.

This just in...the announcement concerning the pact between "Invicta" and New Pacific Order is WIN.

I've had the opportunity to meet some good people in both alliances. I support this with my seal of approval....

[center][IMG]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/falconsfan_1/seal.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 May 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1274398757' post='2306010']
None of those are instances of betrayal against the NPO. If you are going to make a point, be prepared to prove it. Who, out of the people you mentioned, have betrayed Pacifica? No more red herrings please.
[/quote]

Well, the Karma Coalition WAS led after all by Archon, the sovereign of MK.. I'm still hopin' for the PIAT to come back :smug:

It should be no surprise that that first alliances that NPO signs with after terms were its closest friends / allies. As for new 'friends'? NSO is new. When they entered terms in August, the NPO and NSO weren't on speaking terms, diplomats weren't really allowed in eachothers' embassies. That's something they worked for. Even if it was an obvious match.

edit: Almost forgot. Congrats to our mutual friends and allies in NPO and Invicta for marrying each other too!

Edited by KainIIIC

[quote name='KainIIIC' date='20 May 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1274399970' post='2306047']
Well, the Karma Coalition WAS led after all by Archon, the sovereign of MK.. I'm still hopin' for the PIAT to come back :smug:

It should be no surprise that that first alliances that NPO signs with after terms were its closest friends / allies. As for new 'friends'? NSO is new. When they entered terms in August, the NPO and NSO weren't on speaking terms, diplomats weren't really allowed in eachothers' embassies. That's something they worked for. Even if it was an obvious match.
[/quote]

Still doesn't prove his point, that just proves that they were on opposite sides of the conflict. And TBH, everyone saw NSO/NPO coming since the break up of Frostbite.

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 May 2010 - 06:01 PM' timestamp='1274400095' post='2306048']
Still doesn't prove his point, that just proves that they were on opposite sides of the conflict. And TBH, everyone saw NSO/NPO coming since the break up of Frostbite.
[/quote]
It still took a lot of work from both sides to make it happen. NSO/NPO only really got on speaking terms a month or two after Karma, and even that mostly involved a lot of distrust from both governments.

[quote name='Delta1212' date='20 May 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1274399055' post='2306016']
I'm referring to them as The Alliance Formerly Known As Invicta, or TAFKA Invicta. It's still easier to remember than Regnum Invictorum.
[/quote]
Hey, we [i]are[/i] purple :)

[img]http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/fry-cook-on-venus/2009/12/04/Prince_PurpleRain.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='20 May 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1274399616' post='2306034']
You're several hours late :P
[/quote]
mumble fashion mumble mumble.

Besides we recognize Moldavi, if they'd gotten sideswiped - well we don't need treaties to fight for justice. :)

[quote name='AirMe' date='20 May 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1274396519' post='2305910']
Why does this path seem similar to the one that lead us to where we are?
[/quote]

I'm not sure, will you be making the same mistakes too?

Somehow I don't see NPO repeating them.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='20 May 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1274401108' post='2306076']
I'm not sure, will you be making the same mistakes too?

Somehow I don't see NPO repeating them.
[/quote]

Well given that Ronin has lived 7 more months than the first one and has survived a major war, I would say that I have done a pretty good job of not repeating my mistakes.

Only time will tell.