NATO/TFD/GUN/LSF/ADI/LSN Surrender

Monster

And another one bites the dust.

Yesterday we saw the first reps, and today we see they are increasing as the day passes.

Looks like the remaining TOP/IRON side combatants are running out of time to flee from the massacre.

Edited by Krashnaia

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' date='20 February 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1266650045' post='2193300']
After see alliances like GOONS and FoB receiving reparations in a war who started because of raid I have to admit, we failed hard and hope for a better cyberverse is no more.

:facepalm:
[/quote]

Glad to see i'm not the only one who thinks this.

[quote name='Dontasemebro' date='20 February 2010 - 02:45 AM' timestamp='1266651950' post='2193339']
I would disagree with your first paragraph for the following reason: Decomms and changing AAs and peace mode restrictions are made to keep the other side from re-engaging dishonestly and against the terms of one's surrender. They are meant to discourage rogues. Nowadays, with warchests the way they are, the only decomms that really have an effect are nuclear and naval decomms. But nobody can really stop someone from going into peace mode, building up a military, and coming out. Nobody can stop a surrendered alliance from doing it collectively. The only thing is that it's looked down upon. Reps, however, are in a different category. They're an apology for a wrong-doing, and my argument was that there was no such wrong-doing.

The main philosophical disagreement we have is that you determine responsibility for one's action once victory is determined. I would have you determine reps for both sides purely based on actions of both sides, and not of NS or victories or previous surrenders. That means if FoB lost, you would say that they shouldn't have gotten reps. This I cannot agree with. Victory cannot be such a pivotal point in whether an alliance deserves an apology. In the case of TOP/IRON vs C&G, the losing side will apologize simply to get out of having to lose more infrastructure. I sincerely doubt one side will honestly believe that they are wrong. So in the case of the main players in this war, victory determines the reps de facto. But when you're coming in simply to honor a treaty, optional or not, and you lose, and the other side is only getting reps because they're on the winning side, I disagree with that precedent.
[/quote]
Well you dismissed my answer to the second paragraph in your first paragraph so my hands are a little tied here :|

I can only repeat that reps are not solely a means of apology for wrong doing as you put it, they are paid to the victor so peace can be achieved. As such, the winning party would have no business or reason for paying reps. Its not "hey you did this so now you're going to pay me this" its "alright, if you want to surrender you're going to do this, that, and pay me this".

[quote name='Kortal' date='20 February 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1266652674' post='2193351']
Well you dismissed my answer to the second paragraph in your first paragraph so my hands are a little tied here :|

I can only repeat that reps are not solely a means of apology for wrong doing as you put it, they are paid to the victor so peace can be achieved. As such, the winning party would have no business or reason for paying reps. Its not "hey you did this so now you're going to pay me this" its "alright, if you want to surrender you're going to do this, that, and pay me this".
[/quote]

lol I see where you get the contradiction from, but all I need to add is to your final sentence. It's "...going to do this, that, and pay me this BECAUSE..."

The answer is, what?

Because I won? I get money for winning? Pretty lame. Although it's how the world seems to work. You didn't do anything wrong, but since I won, I get money? You're going to do "this and that" because I need to keep you from re-entering the war at full capacity. But the only reason I have for getting money is that I won.

Or I get it because you did something especially wrong that made it reasonable to ask for money in reparations for your wrongdoing.

Your first sentence assumes something terrible IMO, and that is that the victor should ever need to be paid in order for them to accept peace. I can understand a symbolic "We surrender." wording.

My point in the second paragraph is that we philosophically disagree on whether being the "victor" allows you to be vindicated from your crimes or for some reason causes you to deserve money.

edit: Gonna head to sleep now, this leader of a nation in anarchy is gonna try to "git some" for this saturday night...Im sure our replies will get lost in the moosh of the spamming "o/ peace" to follow. Im glad you decided to remove your previous rather insulting statement and chose to take a very respectable path for our discussion. Since that first bump it's been fun and intellectual. ttyl

Edited by Dontasemebro

[quote name='Dontasemebro' date='20 February 2010 - 03:05 AM' timestamp='1266653140' post='2193366']
lol I see where you get the contradiction from, but all I need to add is to your final sentence. It's "...going to do this, that, and pay me this BECAUSE..."

The answer is, what?

Because I won? I get money for winning? Pretty lame. Although it's how the world seems to work. You didn't do anything wrong, but since I won, I get money? You're going to do "this and that" because I need to keep you from re-entering the war at full capacity. But the only reason I have for getting money is that I won.

Or I get it because you did something especially wrong that made it reasonable to ask for money in reparations for your wrongdoing.

Your first sentence assumes something terrible IMO, and that is that the victor should ever need to be paid in order for them to accept peace. I can understand a symbolic "We surrender." wording.

My point in the second paragraph is that we philosophically disagree on whether being the "victor" allows you to be vindicated from your crimes or for some reason causes you to deserve money.
[/quote]Well that's a fair point, I maintain that the attack on the alliance is the "something wrong" though. Rarely do we see alliances demanding reps from those that they've attacked, its only when an alliance comes after them and then loses that they come into play, if then.

The alliances in question here had arguably good reasons for coming in, their assistance had been requested by allies and they were doing the best they could to help them out. That doesn't mean they supported their allies' reasons for war or anything like that, they were just helping friends. BUT, all that said, an attack on an alliance is an attack on an alliance. You might have every reason in the world to do it, but you still knowingly and purposefully damaged that alliance. Why should you be exempt from reps (as the previous poster pointed out [I think] reparations is not a good term for these payments but ANYWAYS) just because you had a good reason for your attack? So putting my points together then with that line in question: "alright, if you want to surrender you're going to do this, that, and pay me this, because you attacked me" Also GOODNIGHT

Edited by Kortal

[quote name='Dontasemebro' date='20 February 2010 - 03:05 AM' timestamp='1266653140' post='2193366']Because I won? I get money for winning? Pretty lame. Although it's how the world seems to work[/quote]This is exactly how the world works. You work hard, you win, you come out of things better then the next guy. It's the human condition.

[quote name='Comrade Craig' date='20 February 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1266645625' post='2193121']
I must say that's it's very disappointing to see someone getting reps from this affair.

-Craig
[/quote]
making those pay who optionally entered this cluster$%&@ of a war can be argued till the end of the world, im saddened by the parties getting reps.

[quote name='D34th' date='20 February 2010 - 02:14 AM' timestamp='1266650045' post='2193300']
After see alliances like GOONS and FoB receiving reparations in a war who started because of raid I have to admit, we failed hard and hope for a better cyberverse is no more.

[/quote]

Feels good man.

[quote name='D34th' date='20 February 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1266650045' post='2193300']

[/quote]

Failed harder than you ever could have imagined a month ago. Thank Grub for starting a pathetic tech "war" against \m/, giving us hilarious terms, and then leading his friends and allies into a deathtrap that we sprung so well he's still stunned in silence over. Too good, D34th. You got played good.

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='20 February 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1266656389' post='2193411']
Failed harder than you ever could have imagined a month ago. Thank Grub for starting a pathetic tech "war" against \m/, giving us hilarious terms, and then leading his friends and allies into a deathtrap that we sprung so well he's still stunned in silence over. Too good, D34th. You got played good.
[/quote]
All so sweet, it's just a shame the community standards had to run collateral. :(

[quote name='Meer Republic' date='20 February 2010 - 10:07 AM' timestamp='1266656839' post='2193415']
Well fought NATO, you guys took a hell of a beating yet in my experience stayed in good spirits, shame to see you get reps but at least you have peace.
[/quote]
I can echo this, good luck to KingTom.

[quote name='TwistedRebelDB47' date='20 February 2010 - 08:59 PM' timestamp='1266656389' post='2193411']
[/quote]

Of course, this entire war was engineered by PC. Nice job. :rolleyes:

Wow, good show!

[quote]*TFD & NATO will pay $500million in reparations to FoB.
*TFD will pay $50 million to GOONS on behalf of NATO.
*NATO/LSF will pay $125 million to GOONS but paid fully by NATO.
*ADI will pay $75million to GOONS.[/quote]

Such good people aren't you all. And all they did was defend their allies.

[quote name='Hyperion321' date='19 February 2010 - 08:28 PM' timestamp='1266643707' post='2193014']
Congrats to all of the victors.

And a special nod to WAPA. You guys went to hell and back during this war, and had to endure a lot for the good of the coalition. Sparta salutes you o/
[/quote]

[quote]*TFD & NATO will pay $500million in reparations to FoB.
*TFD will pay $50 million to GOONS on behalf of NATO.
*NATO/LSF will pay $125 million to GOONS but paid fully by NATO.
*ADI will pay $75million to GOONS.[/quote]

The fact that they are not quoted above makes them even more classy. All those not on this list are considered by myself in high esteem.

Congrats to those and the ones that received peace while on the losing side. 07/